Gravity Delivery Discussion

I've actually asked for a different SA but they gave me the same guy.

He told me all 20/21 and 21/22 wheels come with all-season tires. That just sounds wrong - no? Any definitive word on which tires come with which wheels?

He also didn't know how the vent/heat/manage front seats are ordered. Maybe I'll just go to a sales center with a bag on.my head. A better sales person could have sold me a car by now but he's just not engaged.
 
He told me all 20/21 and 21/22 wheels come with all-season tires. That just sounds wrong - no? Any definitive word on which tires come with which wheels?
That is correct. Each wheel size has only one tire available. The tire make and model is on the website.
20/21 Hankook ion evo A/S
21/22 Michelin A/S of some sort
22/23 Pirelli P-Zero 5 (summer tire)
 
I've actually asked for a different SA but they gave me the same guy.

He told me all 20/21 and 21/22 wheels come with all-season tires. That just sounds wrong - no? Any definitive word on which tires come with which wheels?

He also didn't know how the vent/heat/manage front seats are ordered. Maybe I'll just go to a sales center with a bag on.my head. A better sales person could have sold me a car by now but he's just not engaged.
Lucid has said that they're working on OEM winter tire options, but they have not been announced yet. I'm hoping to receive my GGT around Thanksgiving, and it sure would be nice to have the choice of selecting a 3PMSF all season tire by that time. But I'm guessing it won't happen.
 
That is correct. Each wheel size has only one tire available. The tire make and model is on the website.
20/21 Hankook ion evo A/S
21/22 Michelin A/S of some sort
22/23 Pirelli P-Zero 5 (summer tire)
Reposting what David Lickfold has said on May 16th of this year about winter driving after I asked him about Gravity cold weather tire choices:

For mixed use including cold temperatures and snow, both the Hankooks and the Michelins are great. The Hankook has the edge in efficiency, and the Michelin has the slight edge in handling attributes, but both are fantastic tires. For the last three weeks we’ve been running all three available tire configs on the Autobahn and Nürburgring for further controls improvements (coming soon via OTA) and Europe sign off, and they’re all really good. I’d very happily run any of them on my Gravity. All of them are “LM1” marked, showing that they’re bespoke developments between Lucid and the tire supplier. We put thousands of hours into the development and tuning of every tire we offer, so that they give a great blend of ride, handling, steering, braking, performance, efficiency and low noise - specifically tuned for Air and Gravity. The tire-chassis-controls relationship is crucial, and the three are tuned together. Off-shelf tires are generic, and just can’t give the same optimisations.

We will offer two dedicated winter tires, both of which are for the 20”/21” configuration. We haven’t announced much more on that yet, but watch this space!

So if you want to take advantage of Lucid's optimized winter tire choices, apparently 20"/21" wheels will be the ones to have.
 
I see the bear decal. No plan for ppf?
I’m undecided and I love the bear decal (hard to call it a decal as it’s metal, no?), so I figured I’ll just leave it as is. I had full PPF on my Air GT, had to replace it on the front after an accident, and I’ll be honest that when PPF on a black car absorbs impacts, it looks as bad as if it chipped the paint, so if you don’t like that then you gotta replace that section of PPF, which is more costly and takes longer than just paint correction. Of course the scratch protection of PPF is great so I may still do it, but not in any rush.
 
Anyone else with a GDE notice that our bear logos face clockwise on the car? For a second I thought I had a defective front passenger side decal cause it faces the rear lol.
 
I’m undecided and I love the bear decal (hard to call it a decal as it’s metal, no?), so I figured I’ll just leave it as is. I had full PPF on my Air GT, had to replace it on the front after an accident, and I’ll be honest that when PPF on a black car absorbs impacts, it looks as bad as if it chipped the paint, so if you don’t like that then you gotta replace that section of PPF, which is more costly and takes longer than just paint correction. Of course the scratch protection of PPF is great so I may still do it, but not in any rush.
Having not seen one in person, I didn't even know the bear was metal.
I'm still debating on the ppf, too.
Have plenty of time to contemplate since my order's not made any movement even though it was at the asset stage, whatever that means, weeks ago.
 
Anyone else with a GDE notice that our bear logos face clockwise on the car? For a second I thought I had a defective front passenger side decal cause it faces the rear lol.
This was the case with Air Bear stickers also. I think it’s funny they’re not both facing forward, but hey it would cost extra to make an enantiomeric version of the bear (sorry but I think organic chemistry language is the best descriptor for this situation).
 
This was the case with Air Bear stickers also. I think it’s funny they’re not both facing forward, but hey it would cost extra to make an enantiomeric version of the bear (sorry but I think organic chemistry language is the best descriptor for this situation).
There's another thread on the forum about this. It's the bear from the California flag, so it always faces left.

This bothers me; I think it should be like the flag and always face into the wind. The passenger-side bear has the air blowing up its butt.
 
There's another thread on the forum about this. It's the bear from the California flag, so it always faces left.

This bothers me; I think it should be like the flag and always face into the wind. The passenger-side bear has the air blowing up its butt.
Rawlinson described it as the bear walking around the car.
 
Makes no sense to sell cars with summer tires in northern states at this time of the year. I think people in the south may not want to buy either. I asked a SA in local delivery center the same question, he agreed that it would nice to be able to do it, but they can’t.
Eh, as a NYer I'd strongly consider getting the biggest wheels. I usually install winter tires on my cars for the colder months as all season tires are necessarily a compromise when it comes to both summer and winter performance. The bigger wheels look better + have better summer performance. There isn't a perfect match for winter tires, but there are close enough sizes that you can get away with installing on them.
 
Anyone else with a GDE notice that our bear logos face clockwise on the car? For a second I thought I had a defective front passenger side decal cause it faces the rear lol.
Oh no! For someone OCD like myself this will drive me crazy. I have the same issue with non symmetrical wheels.
 
That’s my guess. I took delivery in PA, with ultimate MD registration and got AZ 90-day temp tag at delivery. Finally got my MD tags. Was nervous as I was getting close to the 90 days!
King of Prussia Delivery Manager explained:
  • If Lucid has NO presence in the state, the vehicle comes with a temporary AZ plate and the owner registers.
    • Like our two Air's purchased when we lived in NH
  • If Lucid DOES have presence, they will register the vehicle on your behalf
    • We currently live in FL and Lucid has studio's there, thus had to register it for us.
At yesterday's Gravity delivery, we received a FL Temporary plate and paid sales tax and registration fee. When we get back to FL we can transfer our existing registration on the Air to the Gravity, and receive a DMV refund for the difference (new registration vs transfer).

Have only driven 10 miles so far (to the PPF installer)
- "The Gravity is a tank attached to SpaceX Raptor engines" 😍
 
After a few months of roller-coaster anticipation, it’s happening: Gravity arrives tomorrow. Super excited.

One thing I’m still trying to sort out — New Jersey law requires a front license plate, and I’m not thrilled about how it might look on the bumper. I’ve had trouble finding any good photos online. Does anyone have a clear shot of how the front plate looks mounted? Curious how it blends with the design.

Thanks in advance!
 
After a few months of roller-coaster anticipation, it’s happening: Gravity arrives tomorrow. Super excited.

One thing I’m still trying to sort out — New Jersey law requires a front license plate, and I’m not thrilled about how it might look on the bumper. I’ve had trouble finding any good photos online. Does anyone have a clear shot of how the front plate looks mounted? Curious how it blends with the design.

Thanks in advance!
I live in NJ and have not had front license plates on my cars for 9 years now without an issue…
 
After a few months of roller-coaster anticipation, it’s happening: Gravity arrives tomorrow. Super excited.

One thing I’m still trying to sort out — New Jersey law requires a front license plate, and I’m not thrilled about how it might look on the bumper. I’ve had trouble finding any good photos online. Does anyone have a clear shot of how the front plate looks mounted? Curious how it blends with the design.

Thanks in advance!
The gravity for my test drive had a front license plate. Though the car looks better without the front plate, I will get the front plate.
 
The gravity for my test drive had a front license plate. Though the car looks better without the front plate, I will get the front plate.
I might take my chances. I think the ticket is $55 if I get pulled over and no points.
 
I was thinking to get the front plates. My daughter does not have front plates on her Tesla, She has gotten tickets when parking in Chicago.
 
Back
Top