Gravity Delivery Discussion

If you’re buying it and not leasing or financing through Lucid Finance (B of A), I would expect you can register it yourself. Otherwise, they’ll have their third party vendor do it.

Picked mine up at KOP as that’s where I could get it a couple of months ago. Drove it back to MD and it was awesome.
Yes - buying, not leasing.

We're extending our VA trip a few days to drive to PA (4 hours), have PPF installed (2 days) and visiting Longwood Gardens. Then drive back to FL. Quite excited 🥳
 
Lucid explained I’ll receive a temporary FLORIDA plate, and request FL DMV to refund the temporary registration when I do the transfer from the Air to the Gravity 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
My car was being readied about a week ago, and it was in PDI, but there was a hold until some safety issues were worked out. Earlier today, I checked on my dashboard to see if there were any updates. I noticed that 2 software updates were performed today (3.1.51 & 3.1.55). Tonight when I checked, I noticed that the car was updated some more and it was up-to-date as far as I could tell (3 3.2).

When I saw the first 2 Updates, I called the service center and asked them what the status of the car was. I spoke with a technician who was not responsible for delivery and told me that he would pass on my name a number to one of the delivery specialists. I wasn’t expecting call back today, because it was almost 5 PM.

Seems a little bit inefficient to have to load every single update to get the car up-to-date. It’s almost 9:30 PM. I hope the delivery people aren’t staying up late loading software. Oh, and clicking on a version comes up with an “unexpected error“.

View attachment 33143
At what phase do we see software update information in dashboard ? Is it during PDI ? My car is in "preparing for delivery" but I don't see any software updates..
 
At what phase do we see software update information in dashboard ? Is it during PDI ? My car is in "preparing for delivery" but I don't see any software updates..
There is no specific time. Could happen earlier than preparing for delivery, can happen as late as the day of delivery. There does not appear to be a consistent process. All we do know is software will show up prior to delivery - but it could be hours before delivery. Sorry there’s not more info.
 
On a trip from Florida to Virginia, I found an available Gravity in King of Prussia PA, and ordered it. I spoke with the KoP PA Sales Advisor and they said I'll get an Arizona 90-day temporary plate to drive the vehicle back to FL, Oh, and yes, and I'll get auto insurance before delivery. I have the 90 days to register the car myself, as I have to sell my Lucid Air Touring. Perfect.

My purchase contract states Lucid will register the car in Florida for me :rolleyes: .. no, that's not what I need or want. I didn't bring my Air's license plate with me because I didn't expect I'd be buying the Gravity this week. Sigh

This will be our third Lucid vehicle - the others all came with the temporary AZ plate. It shouldn't be this difficult - IMHO

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties? Delivery is tomorrow 🤪

Thanks /keith
We bought a Porsche Macan EV unexpectedly in AZ in June, trading in the car we were driving at the time. We live in CO and planned on buying one here when we returned from the Vegas trip, but we weren't finding a spec we wanted in stock (and ordering had tariff uncertainty). Checked online inventory and found one spec'd 95% the way we wanted in the Phoenix area, so we made a detour on the way home from Vegas. Ended up buying it there (we didn't bring the title of the trade-in since it was unplanned). But they were good about it. Let us mail the title back in, and did a temporary hold on "financing" until the check cleared (we paid cash but we had to leave town the next morning; because funds couldn't be verified yet they backed it up with financing paperwork that they then just ripped up the next day).

Anyway, we had to pay sales tax for AZ, the county, and the city. But they said CO is one of the states they have a reciprocal agreement with so when we registered the car in CO we got credit for those taxes toward our CO sales tax that's normally paid when we register a new car here. (The paperwork had insufficient detail for CO though, so we had to have the AZ dealership accounting dept follow up with more detail on the 3 tax calculations).

Check and see if FL has a reciprocal agreement, otherwise you could be stuck paying sales tax in both states.

The AZ dealership put on a temp paper plate like normal. That doesn't cost anything since it's not registering the car there. That happens after receiving the title in the mail 3-4 weeks later and taking it to the local DMV.

The process could be different for Lucid, of course. I really don't know.
 
We bought a Porsche Macan EV unexpectedly in AZ in June, trading in the car we were driving at the time. We live in CO and planned on buying one here when we returned from the Vegas trip, but we weren't finding a spec we wanted in stock (and ordering had tariff uncertainty). Checked online inventory and found one spec'd 95% the way we wanted in the Phoenix area, so we made a detour on the way home from Vegas. Ended up buying it there (we didn't bring the title of the trade-in since it was unplanned). But they were good about it. Let us mail the title back in, and did a temporary hold on "financing" until the check cleared (we paid cash but we had to leave town the next morning; because funds couldn't be verified yet they backed it up with financing paperwork that they then just ripped up the next day).

Anyway, we had to pay sales tax for AZ, the county, and the city. But they said CO is one of the states they have a reciprocal agreement with so when we registered the car in CO we got credit for those taxes toward our CO sales tax that's normally paid when we register a new car here. (The paperwork had insufficient detail for CO though, so we had to have the AZ dealership accounting dept follow up with more detail on the 3 tax calculations).

Check and see if FL has a reciprocal agreement, otherwise you could be stuck paying sales tax in both states.

The AZ dealership put on a temp paper plate like normal. That doesn't cost anything since it's not registering the car there. That happens after receiving the title in the mail 3-4 weeks later and taking it to the local DMV.

The process could be different for Lucid, of course. I really don't know.
Thanks - my Gravity Purchase Order clearly states a Florida Registration for $421, and they're collecting the Florida Sales tax. The FL temporary tag is in the $5 to $30 range. I'm reluctant to believe FL will return a refund, but I have it in writing (FWIW). We purchased two Airs in NH, from the MA Lucid Sales office, and both came with 90-day temporary AZ plates and we registered them in NH later on. There is no Lucid office in NH, whereas they do have them in FL, and that might be the difference .. I dunno .. I'll update this thread when I have more (good or bad) information.

/keith
 
Thanks - my Gravity Purchase Order clearly states a Florida Registration for $421, and they're collecting the Florida Sales tax. The FL temporary tag is in the $5 to $30 range. I'm reluctant to believe FL will return a refund, but I have it in writing (FWIW). We purchased two Airs in NH, from the MA Lucid Sales office, and both came with 90-day temporary AZ plates and we registered them in NH later on. There is no Lucid office in NH, whereas they do have them in FL, and that might be the difference .. I dunno .. I'll update this thread when I have more (good or bad) information.

Interesting. Both our Gravities were delivered in Miami with permanent Florida plates on them and as well as the final registration papers. The only thing that came later were the titles which get mailed directly by the state to the owner.

And over the years when I lived in Illinois and bought cars there to register at our home in Florida, the Illinois dealers were able to provide Florida plates and registration, I suppose through some multi-state dealership arrangement. (I always registered my cars in Florida because Illinois required front plates -- which I hate -- but Florida didn't.)

Are these issues with temporary plates arising in states that do not allow Lucid to register and function as a fully-fledged auto dealer?
 
Are these issues with temporary plates arising in states that do not allow Lucid to register and function as a fully-fledged auto dealer?
That’s my guess. I took delivery in PA, with ultimate MD registration and got AZ 90-day temp tag at delivery. Finally got my MD tags. Was nervous as I was getting close to the 90 days!
 
FYI, apparently Touring versions are arriving at service centers. I’ve been told they’re demo vehicles. It was also mentioned that the frunks have gas struts instead of electronic, with the assumption that electronic ones may be an option.

I wonder what other differences there are compared to GT. Interesting to see Lucid Centers are receiving Tourings before the announcement.
 
FYI, apparently Touring versions are arriving at service centers. I’ve been told they’re demo vehicles. It was also mentioned that the frunks have gas struts instead of electronic, with the assumption that electronic ones may be an option.

I wonder what other differences there are compared to GT. Interesting to see Lucid Centers are receiving Tourings before the announcement.
Very interesting. The frunk struts would be consistent with the Air Pure, right? Lower range. Mane no glass roof? IDK. Hard to really know.

I expect no air suspension (maybe single, but that would put it close to a base GGT). Aren’t Touring available to order in Europe? If so, we should be able to see the options.
 
I s
Very interesting. The frunk struts would be consistent with the Air Pure, right? Lower range. Mane no glass roof? IDK. Hard to really know.

I expect no air suspension (maybe single, but that would put it close to a base GGT). Aren’t Touring available to order in Europe? If so, we should be able to see the options.
I suspect we’ll see configurations for the touring soon.
 
Maybe, but sometimes options vary by region.
Oh, they could do rear wheel motor only, I guess. That might be the base model. It will be very interesting to see how they differentiate.
 
Oh, they could do rear wheel motor only, I guess. That might be the base model. It will be very interesting to see how they differentiate.

Yeah, cutting ~15% from the base price will entail some significant de-contenting.

I suspect a smaller battery pack will be a good chunk of that. I wonder if going to a coil spring suspension will figure in, though. Being able to raise the suspension is a big part of laying claim to any off-roading capability -- something Lucid has tried to put at the core of the Gravity brand -- and engineering a whole new suspension system might cost more than the game is worth to Lucid. But I'm just guessing here.
 
Yeah, cutting ~15% from the base price will entail some significant de-contenting.

I suspect a smaller battery pack will be a good chunk of that. I wonder if going to a coil spring suspension will figure in, though. Being able to raise the suspension is a big part of laying claim to any off-roading capability -- something Lucid has tried to put at the core of the Gravity brand -- and engineering a whole new suspension system might cost more than the game is worth to Lucid. But I'm just guessing here.
The differences between the Air Touring and Air GT is probably a good model to start from. You raise a good point wrt off-road capability, though. But now that there is a dedicated off-road X concept model, perhaps they'll forgo off-road chops in the GT. I'd argue they are not deeply invested in off-road capabilities - you can't get AT tires as stock and the off-road drive mode the GGT is supposed to have is not active yet. We'll see. Perhaps all the videos of Gravity driving on dirt roads is really intended to diminish the minivan vibe ;).
 
I somehow managed to convince my wife to take my Air and trade in her Model S so I can get the Gravity.
amazing negotiation!...my wife won't give up her Taycan because its "Frozen Berry" (pink) w/ a purple leather interior and she got 3yrs free charging on EA. She won't mind when I get the Gravity because she hates the seats in my Outback on long drives to Tahoe
 
amazing negotiation!...my wife won't give up her Taycan because its "Frozen Berry" (pink) w/ a purple leather interior and she got 3yrs free charging on EA. She won't mind when I get the Gravity because she hates the seats in my Outback on long drives to Tahoe
That’s a legit interior for the Taycan. Not surprised she won’t let it go.
 
I swapped my order to one of the "Available Soon" inventory cars today.

The "compromises" if you can call it that:
  • Aurora GreenSupernova Bronze
    • A bit nervous about this, since I haven't seen the color in person. Does anyone have pictures of this color they can share?
  • + Dynamic Handling Package
    • I opted not to do this before for cost-savings, but I'm excited to have this. It only added ~$50/mo to my lease, so at that rate, it's not an issue.
Otherwise, this vehicle matched my config exactly. It's supposed to be "Available in 2 Weeks" - will share updates as I get them.
The Lucid Flys latest flight shows some bronze cars… They look nice…
 
I just might pop over the hill to check that out!..was hoping it'd be open and up and running smoothly for a while there before I take delivery of my GGT; who wants to go all the way up to Milbrae?
Millbrae handled my delivery well 2 weeks ago… so far haven’t needed service center but would love to have one closer to Sonoma County soon. Hopefully you and I won’t need one for a while.
 
Back
Top