Gravity Delivery Discussion

Never heard of them until now. If I hadn't already spent $200 for the Lucid kit, I'd consider them. I like the rounded head.

The Lucid center caps currently are not sold separately. That could change perhaps.
I was able to purchase center caps separately from the service center with 'Lucid' instead of the bear. The ones with the bear were only included in the kit with the lug caps, and were double the price of Lucid center caps. Still a ton of money for 4 pieces of plastic, though.
 
I changed configuration (from Yosemite to Tahoe) after an "asset had been assigned" to my order. (As I understand it, this is a step that precedes production; my SA, however, referred to the asset-assignment step as meaning that the vehicle was in production, even though the dashboard did not show the vehicle as being in production.) I was told that this would mean "starting over" and delaying the process. I did it, anyway.

But if you change configuration before an asset has even been assigned, it's not clear to me that there would be any resulting delay at all---unless you added options known to have longer lead times such as lunar titanium or tech package.
Really, it all depends on the batching. You could change to something they’re doing right now and, potentially, move to an earlier batch. Since it appears they’re really ramping, I don’t think they months-long delays some of use realized due to switches are as bad (or bad at all) at this point. Unless you want something they just aren’t making yet - like Lunar Titanium.

Example - “back in the day” if you changed to a five seater from a seven seater - back of the line. Well, they’re making both now, so it depends.
 
I was able to purchase center caps separately from the service center with 'Lucid' instead of the bear. The ones with the bear were only included in the kit with the lug caps, and were double the price of Lucid center caps. Still a ton of money for 4 pieces of plastic, though.
Did they cost the same as the ones online?
 
Really, it all depends on the batching. You could change to something they’re doing right now and, potentially, move to an earlier batch. Since it appears they’re really ramping, I don’t think they months-long delays some of use realized due to switches are as bad (or bad at all) at this point. Unless you want something they just aren’t making yet - like Lunar Titanium.

Example - “back in the day” if you changed to a five seater from a seven seater - back of the line. Well, they’re making both now, so it depends.

I hope you're right. I was slightly hesitant to make the change because it had already taken me ten months to get from placing the order to having an "asset assigned" (whatever that means). But I ultimately decided that, at this price point, I would rather wait for exactly the vehicle I want---while obsessively refreshing the available inventory page!
 
I hope you're right. I was slightly hesitant to make the change because it had already taken me ten months to get from placing the order to having an "asset assigned" (whatever that means). But I ultimately decided that, at this price point, I would rather wait for exactly the vehicle I want---while obsessively refreshing the available inventory page!
100% agree with you and have said that a couple of times here. Definitely wait to get exactly what you want. At this time, the ramp up appears legit and you will get what you want and not always wonder “what if”…which I do daily.

Again, champagne problem for me to have platinum and no power package (both stealth and power were “musts” when I started my order journey).

Loving the car regardless.
 
I was slightly hesitant to make the change because it had already taken me ten months to get from placing the order to having an "asset assigned" (whatever that means).

Sorry to quote myself, but I think maybe I do know what the actual significance of having an "asset assigned" is.

My SA wrote: "An asset has been assigned to your account, which means your vehicle is actively in production. At this stage, your order is non-refundable, as the factory is actively working on your vehicle." (At the time, the dashboard still just said "Order Confirmed.")

I think maybe the SA emailed just to put a scare into me about the deposit even though my vehicle wasn't actually in production. I'm sure Lucid probably doesn't want to add more weird orphaned configurations to the available inventory page....
 
Just got word that my White GT is factory gated getting excited
I'm please to see a few White GGTs appear. That's my color also. My SA told me I've got a batch number assigned about a month ago. A week ago a Lucid employee told me that there's about a two month lag time from batch assignment to manufacturing, but it wasn't clear if they meant "going into production", or "coming out of production". Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a GGT by the end of November. If they're really going to take a serious stab at their 18K target, then the production volume will ramp up quite a bit this quarter.
 
I'm please to see a few White GGTs appear. That's my color also. My SA told me I've got a batch number assigned about a month ago. A week ago a Lucid employee told me that there's about a two month lag time from batch assignment to manufacturing, but it wasn't clear if they meant "going into production", or "coming out of production". Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a GGT by the end of November. If they're really going to take a serious stab at their 18K target, then the production volume will ramp up quite a bit this quarter.
18,000 is the low end for all Lucid cars, I think. I think Gravity is/was like 8,500 of that. A ton of those must be for KSA.

Now, since Lucid doesn’t breakout deliveries between Air and Gravity, not sure how they’ll prove their number.

I promise, however, it will be greater than 9! 🤣
 
I'm please to see a few White GGTs appear. That's my color also. My SA told me I've got a batch number assigned about a month ago. A week ago a Lucid employee told me that there's about a two month lag time from batch assignment to manufacturing, but it wasn't clear if they meant "going into production", or "coming out of production". Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a GGT by the end of November. If they're really going to take a serious stab at their 18K target, then the production volume will ramp up quite a bit this quarter

From a trusted source - the White GGT's - they did a small early batch which BuffaloBill and a few others seem to be a part of. A larger batch of white should start in Mid-October. Per my sales rep - the White GGT batch that I'm slated for is that mid-October batch.

From other posts on the forum and per my sales agent - from Batch to delivery depends on a number of things proximity to factory, where in the batch you sit, etc. and therefore that can be 4-8 weeks as a general estimate.

And they are accelerating as they get more experience under their belts, so everything is dynamic.

I ordered Nov. 7th, 2024, lease an Air due to be returned Oct. 31st, and ordered White 7 seater, Tahoe, fully loaded. I'll keep you all posted.
 
I changed configuration (from Yosemite to Tahoe) after an "asset had been assigned" to my order. (As I understand it, this is a step that precedes production; my SA, however, referred to the asset-assignment step as meaning that the vehicle was in production, even though the dashboard did not show the vehicle as being in production.) I was told that this would mean "starting over" and delaying the process. I did it, anyway.

But if you change configuration before an asset has even been assigned, it's not clear to me that there would be any resulting delay at all---unless you added options known to have longer lead times such as lunar titanium or tech package.
I made the exact same change at the same time, and was told the same thing by my SA. Given all the stories on this thread, I have little faith that the SAs have any insight into how changes affect delivery dates. That said, mine is still hovering at "ordered".
 
Good see some stellar white gravities available. Though I will wait for the options I ordered.
 
Good see some stellar white gravities available. Though I will wait for the options I ordered.
Delivery date! 10/1/2025
 
My car was being readied about a week ago, and it was in PDI, but there was a hold until some safety issues were worked out. Earlier today, I checked on my dashboard to see if there were any updates. I noticed that 2 software updates were performed today (3.1.51 & 3.1.55). Tonight when I checked, I noticed that the car was updated some more and it was up-to-date as far as I could tell (3 3.2).

When I saw the first 2 Updates, I called the service center and asked them what the status of the car was. I spoke with a technician who was not responsible for delivery and told me that he would pass on my name a number to one of the delivery specialists. I wasn’t expecting call back today, because it was almost 5 PM.

Seems a little bit inefficient to have to load every single update to get the car up-to-date. It’s almost 9:30 PM. I hope the delivery people aren’t staying up late loading software. Oh, and clicking on a version comes up with an “unexpected error“.

1759811239036.webp
 
My car was being readied about a week ago, and it was in PDI, but there was a hold until some safety issues were worked out. Earlier today, I checked on my dashboard to see if there were any updates. I noticed that 2 software updates were performed today (3.1.51 & 3.1.55). Tonight when I checked, I noticed that the car was updated some more and it was up-to-date as far as I could tell (3 3.2).

When I saw the first 2 Updates, I called the service center and asked them what the status of the car was. I spoke with a technician who was not responsible for delivery and told me that he would pass on my name a number to one of the delivery specialists. I wasn’t expecting call back today, because it was almost 5 PM.

Seems a little bit inefficient to have to load every single update to get the car up-to-date. It’s almost 9:30 PM. I hope the delivery people aren’t staying up late loading software. Oh, and clicking on a version comes up with an “unexpected error“.

View attachment 33143
Yes, the error has been there when you click on version for a long time. I think for every delivery I’ve read about here.

It’s meaningless. The software is installed. Months ago they were installing random software with a 2.x prefix, etc. I don’t think they have to install every update to get to the current one, but who knows….regardless, seeing software get uploaded is a good sign.
 
On Sept 4th, I received an email from my SA informing me that my order had been assigned a batch number, but that he couldn't tell me when that batch would go into production. Yesterday (Oct 7th) I received an update that my order is expected to go into production the week of Oct 19th. He also said that he thinks production times are now 2-4 weeks. Given some of the prior comments here about extended times in production, and delays for PDI, I won't hold my breath for a delivery date quite yet.

My config is:
  • Stellar white/Stealth
  • 20"/21" wheels
  • Tahoe leather
  • 5 passenger seating
  • Dream Drive 2 Pro
  • Surreal Sound Pro
  • Dynamic handling
  • Technology package
  • Comfort and convenience package
  • Towing package
 
On a trip from Florida to Virginia, I found an available Gravity in King of Prussia PA, and ordered it. I spoke with the KoP PA Sales Advisor and they said I'll get an Arizona 90-day temporary plate to drive the vehicle back to FL, Oh, and yes, and I'll get auto insurance before delivery. I have the 90 days to register the car myself, as I have to sell my Lucid Air Touring. Perfect.

My purchase contract states Lucid will register the car in Florida for me :rolleyes: .. no, that's not what I need or want. I didn't bring my Air's license plate with me because I didn't expect I'd be buying the Gravity this week. Sigh

This will be our third Lucid vehicle - the others all came with the temporary AZ plate. It shouldn't be this difficult - IMHO

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties? Delivery is tomorrow 🤪

Thanks /keith
 
On a trip from Florida to Virginia, I found an available Gravity in King of Prussia PA, and ordered it. I spoke with the KoP PA Sales Advisor and they said I'll get an Arizona 90-day temporary plate to drive the vehicle back to FL, Oh, and yes, and I'll get auto insurance before delivery. I have the 90 days to register the car myself, as I have to sell my Lucid Air Touring. Perfect.

My purchase contract states Lucid will register the car in Florida for me :rolleyes: .. no, that's not what I need or want. I didn't bring my Air's license plate with me because I didn't expect I'd be buying the Gravity this week. Sigh

This will be our third Lucid vehicle - the others all came with the temporary AZ plate. It shouldn't be this difficult - IMHO

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties? Delivery is tomorrow 🤪

Thanks /keith
If you’re buying it and not leasing or financing through Lucid Finance (B of A), I would expect you can register it yourself. Otherwise, they’ll have their third party vendor do it.

Picked mine up at KOP as that’s where I could get it a couple of months ago. Drove it back to MD and it was awesome.
 
Back
Top