Gravity Delivery Discussion

I also took Delivery today of Gravity GT. (Sept 30th) DOES anyone has info on a 5 seater but the back row still has tracks.. I thought there wouldnt be tracks, because they don't need to move forward... Did I get a Car that was GOING to be a 7 seater but then they just shipped it as a 5.? I wanted 5, so i dont care, but it was interesting and not what i expected to see.
All but one of the 5-seaters we've seen delivered thus far were delivered this way. Someone posted today on the forum that their's didn't have the tracks, but that's the first I've seen like that, so you're at least in good company.

They didn't 'mess up,' in other words.
 
HAHA... coming from an X I will miss my butler door & being able to closing all doors from the touchscreen
That’s a good point. But what I don’t miss is my driver door opening into the car parked next to me or my FWDs refusing to open fully in the carpool lane and being “that guy”…
 
I don't understand. The car is defective how can it be on the availability list? I switched to another configuration earlier today.
It has a charging issue; doesn't mean they can't fix it and sell it. Sounds like they just weren't sure how *quickly* they could fix it for you.
 
I don't understand. The car is defective how can it be on the availability list? I switched to another configuration earlier today.
When I ordered my initial Quantum than cancelled it went back to the availability list - the SA need to email the backend team to place the GT on "service hold" to remove it from the available list
 
It has a charging issue; it doesn't mean they can't fix it and sell it. Sounds like they just weren't sure how *quickly* they could fix it for you.
Right. My SA told me there is no ETA on the fix. Whoever takes this one might have to wait for a while.
 
That’s a good point. But what I don’t miss is my driver door opening into the car parked next to me or my FWDs refusing to open fully in the carpool lane and being “that guy”…
Never really had those issues with our doors, but this disappeared somewhere on the highway
 

Attachments

  • 20250518_151310.webp
    20250518_151310.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 179
After getting some financing from USAA, sent funding info to Lucid. Looks like accounts receivable did not know how to handle 3rd party financing and sat on the request for 6 days. Wired a rather large sum of money a couple of days later for the remainder and we were set for delivery of Sept 30th - golden. Well, that did not happen. Lucid AR waited until last minute to reach out to get funds from USAA. Therefore, they did not ship car until all funds where processed. Right now, looking like Thursday delivery. At this point, who knows. My appointment to get front windshield film protection is cancelled and I go on vacation this Friday. All the while, Costa Mesa Studio and my SA in Denver are awesome and working hard to ship out vehicle today for Thursday delivery. We shall see if they come through. Looking like a late trip to California.
Appears like they are delivering tomorrow by 5 pm. Also, the portal is now showing software. Looks like 3.3.1 was loaded on Sept 13th. Maybe some pics of home delivery before end of this week.
 
Never really had those issues with our doors, but this disappeared somewhere on the highway
That spine piece was actually part of a recall a couple of years ago on the X for that exact reason. And it would randomly crack. They’ll probably replace it for free…they should.
 
That spine piece was actually part of a recall a couple of years ago on the X for that exact reason. And it would randomly crack. They’ll probably replace it for free…they should.
Yeah it was replaced this past May & the FWDs door seals x3 over the course of ownership
X has it own set of issues, heavy rain where the gasket isn't big enough & water goes into the cabin
 
Here’s my Dream Edition 145…..which I couldn’t take home because Bank of America failed to send payment despite several hours of promising they would. It’s unreal as I thought that’s what banks did, send $. Lucid Natick sales team are amazing and wasted hours of their time with Rep after Rep of Bank of America saying they were expediting and would send payment by a certain time and then failed to do so, and then another rep told me they’d send payment tomorrow. So Lucid gave me a loaner and is going to deliver the Gravity to my home or work as soon as they get paid.
I am so sorry! What happened with PenFed?
 
i picked up my Gravity GT today!! wow so nice. Black, Ojai, 5 seater, 20” wheels, fully loaded.
View attachment 32934View attachment 32935
wow. dissappointing.

this was the worst experience I could have imagined. I spent 7 hours trying to take this Gravity home. and nothing, except losing my $1k deposit.

My sales advisor confirmed my lease deal last week. the numbers were done. I was getting a certain amount for my trade in, a $7,500 ev credit and a $2k trade in incentive. the rest was simple math to get to my lease deal. this was all confirmed last week via text.

the lucidmotors website did not show the deal and my SA said that is fine. he said because i have a trade in nothing finalizes until i bring the car in. well, I did.

after hours of changing registrations, spending time setting up my new gravity, and all the back end work they do, they started to put paper in front of me to sign. so i start signing. then at the very end around 7 pm at night, they want me to sign my trade in title. I ask to confirm the trade in price and VOILA! the offer i received was changed. it was lower which made the lease higher in cost. when i said that this did not make sense, they went back and forth.

long story short…. i did my trade in inspection four days ago. got the offer and my SA gave me the final price. well, some guy from [email protected] sent me an email right after the inspection that the price offered was lowered. i did not see this email as it was not from LUCID!! my SA never saw this email either. so both of us thought the car was priced higher. in addition, they tell me the $2k trade in incentive does not exist for the gravity. i learn all lf this 6 hours into the buying experience.

needless to say, I was tired and said no. we move with the deal I was told and the reason why I am here or nothing. they tried hard for me to understand the mistake they made and for me to accept the lower offer for my trade in and the removal of the incentive. but, I am old, and I was tired. I said no.

They then told me I would lose my $1k deposit which I made in November of 2024.

so, no car, no $1k, terrible experience.

this is the end for me with Lucid.

i have been a true Lucid fan since buying my Air in 2023. I have many referrals and convinced many friends to buy Lucid. i still have over 90k unused referral points. I have participated in several Lucid member rallies and always talked up the brand.

that ended today.

this will be my last post here (at least for now). I went from a person dreaming of the Gravity to now a person who wants the 11 months left ln my Lucid Air lease to come by fast so I can get rid of it.

so long Lucid and good luck.
 
Yeah it was replaced this past May & the FWDs door seals x3 over the course of ownership
X has it own set of issues, heavy rain where the gasket isn't big enough & water goes into the cabin
Did the later X’s still rub the paint off their door jams where the rubber bumper from the FWD hit it? The SC just rubbed some touch up paint on it and placed a small circle of PPF when I reported it. That lasted for literally about 2 days.
 
Did the later X’s still rub the paint off their door jams where the rubber bumper from the FWD hit it? The SC just rubbed some touch up paint on it and placed a small circle of PPF when I reported it. That lasted for literally about 2 days.
Yes still does & PPF us useless
Unless the doors are 100% perfectly aligned, which it will never be
 
If Lucid ever comes out with the mesh sunscreens for your glass roof grab those!

I spent several hundred dollars to get the glass roof on my Air tinted with the latest state-of-the-art, supah-dupah, gold-plated, digital, whatever, whatever, the world has never seen anything like it, film.

The results were…okay…but no tint job has blocked out the heat and sunlight as effectively as those mesh shades Lucid put out for the Air two years ago. Cost at time of purchase, about $250.

By the way I did get a partial XPEL PPF wrap as well as ceramic coating on my car.
I have a sun shade installed on my Model S and got it before the car was delivered. It was a must have in South West Florida.
 
Took delivery of a DE last night at my home. Initial impressions as a former CT and Model S owner.
  • Fit and finish are top notch
  • Acceleration somehow is insane, but does not throw you into your seat like the Model S did. Smooth.
  • Seating and wheel positioning feels really good.
  • Pro Sound is pretty incredible, would like more options on the equalizer.

Can't wait for a couple road trips to really put it through its paces.
 
Back row of 5 seater does have tracks and is supposed to - per others on the forum. Others have said the 5 seater looks like they just didn’t install the third row seats, but left everything else.
Ah! thanks! That is kind of funny... It does look like they swapped ideas halfway through. Im happy though, very minor things I have noticed that i need to tell Service center about.. The back seats do have some squeaking going on.
 
My Gravity delivery is due at my home today. When ordered Nov 7 2024 I ordered Dream Drive Premium. Now I see they show Dream Drive Premium2 on the configurator.
Does anyone know when this changed ? Which Dream Drive will I get ?
The car was produced in September. BTW delivery was scheduled for Monday, so I was ready, changed to Tuesday so I was home, changed to today and I am here waiting.
We will see.....??????????
 
Why are there so few on the inventory list with the 21/22 size wheels? We are hunting for a fully loaded in inventory with those wheels, but of the 30 or so 7-passenger options on the site now, only 3 have that wheel combination. I haven't seen many on the site since they started posting them there. Are they not popular, is it a supply issue, or are those are most popular and no one is giving them up?
 
Back
Top