Gravity Delivery Discussion

I got a call from Lucid today, saying my GGT that was "In Production" for the past couple of week and this morning--has arrived at the Goose Island SC in Chicago!!

Delivery scheduled for Thursday.

The app gives me a "Something went wrong be should be back to normal shortly" message upon log in attempt.
Is this a harbinger?
I have seen the same message, too.
New Gravities are supposed to be released only with the latest software version.
 
Big release 3.3.20 today, fixed everything, supposedly, not too late to un-cancel your order?
After I told my SA I was walking away, he offered to sit on the car until the end of the year, and let me see if people are happy enough with the latest update for me to change my mind. So I'll be hanging out and watching to see what the reaction is to 3.3.20.
 
Doubt that it means much. I also see same error messages.

Mine is also at Goose Island!!!
My SS told me that transportation has been assigned; just awaiting pickup.
He estimates 7-10 days from Chicago to Tysons Corner, VA.

@hank-iv, to what state is yours being transported?
Anyone know any Service Techs at Goose Island? I want pictures of my baby!!!
My DE is also at Goose Island! Well, I think it is… was told it left the factory a few days ago and just flipped today to Preparing For Delivery. Exciting stuff.
 
I have seen the same message, too.
New Gravities are supposed to be released only with the latest software version.
3.3.20 was loaded onto my Gravity today. It is scheduled for delivery on Sunday the 14th.
 
3.3.20 was loaded onto my Gravity today. It is scheduled for delivery on Sunday the 14th.
Mine’s here, but still with the last version. Hopefully, to be delivered soon.
Did you check on the sensor cutouts with John?
 
Big release 3.3.20 today, fixed everything, supposedly, not too late to un-cancel your order?
I'm routing for him. All of us are really hoping the software guys on here are becoming comfortable enough with the SW to take delivery!

And...If he's still on this forum he really wants the car
 
Did you see software version in your Dashboard?
Some people can see it there - my theory is that it's anyone that already owned a Lucid and added a Gravity to their already linked account. First time owners get an error.

Just a guess on why some people see the software version pre delivery and some don't.
 
My delivery scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) is likely delayed, too. They are hoping that the software update will be released tonight, and that it can be installed tomorrow. But they did not seem optimistic.

We were able to take delivery today, after all: the Service Center installed 3.3.20 in the early afternoon, and we took delivery at 3---only an hour later than the originally-scheduled appointment! A lot of (much appreciated) hustle by the Lucid team to make it happen.
 
We were able to take delivery today, after all: the Service Center installed 3.3.20 in the early afternoon, and we took delivery at 3---only an hour later than the originally-scheduled appointment! A lot of (much appreciated) hustle by the Lucid team to make it happen.

GT, Quantum gray with Tahoe interior and range wheels. No pictures of the vehicle yet, but here is the tableau we set up to give our children a hint tomorrow morning. We hid the vehicle from them in the garage this evening, and *hope* to surprise them with a drive in the morning, software glitches permitting....

IMG_3832_Smaller.webp


(For those unfamiliar, that's an "Elf on the Shelf." which seems to be a prerequisite for raising children these days in households that celebrate Christmas. He's holding the speedform that Lucid sent out to order-holders several months ago to thank us for our patience.)
 
We were able to take delivery today, after all: the Service Center installed 3.3.20 in the early afternoon, and we took delivery at 3---only an hour later than the originally-scheduled appointment! A lot of (much appreciated) hustle by the Lucid team to make it happen.
Would love to see pictures of the grey + Tahoe if you happen to take any shareable ones. I've found the grey to show differently depending on the surroundings (maybe it's reflecting its surroundings).
 
GT, Quantum gray with Tahoe interior and range wheels. No pictures of the vehicle yet, but here is the tableau we set up to give our children a hint tomorrow morning. We hid the vehicle from them in the garage this evening, and *hope* to surprise them with a drive in the morning, software glitches permitting....

View attachment 35084

(For those unfamiliar, that's an "Elf on the Shelf." which seems to be a prerequisite for raising children these days in households that celebrate Christmas. He's holding the speedform that Lucid sent out to order-holders several months ago to thank us for our patience.)
That's wonderful! Love that you are including the Elf on the Shelf. Our grandkids get so excited every day to see the new location for 'Bob', the name of their elf.
Keep us posted on your experiences, especially with the new software update.
 
Would love to see pictures of the grey + Tahoe if you happen to take any shareable ones. I've found the grey to show differently depending on the surroundings (maybe it's reflecting its surroundings).

Will post some pics soon, though probably not today---if you're in Boston, you know it's a pretty gloomy day.

I agree with you on the Quantum gray color showing differently. I saw one in the studio/service center parking lot last week in late afternoon sunlight (not quite sunset), and the car almost looked purple to me....
 
I'm routing for him. All of us are really hoping the software guys on here are becoming comfortable enough with the SW to take delivery!

And...If he's still on this forum he really wants the car
I really do! Any better driving vehicle will probably be more money than I'm willing to spend on a car.
 
Will post some pics soon, though probably not today---if you're in Boston, you know it's a pretty gloomy day.

I agree with you on the Quantum gray color showing differently. I saw one in the studio/service center parking lot last week in late afternoon sunlight (not quite sunset), and the car almost looked purple to me....
Savagegeese reviewed the Air about a year ago and a Quantum Grey was part of it, defintely had purple tones in the right light. Other times looked blueish.
 
Some people can see it there - my theory is that it's anyone that already owned a Lucid and added a Gravity to their already linked account. First time owners get an error.

Just a guess on why some people see the software version pre delivery and some don't.
Ahhh--that makes sense, sort of.
 
I really do! Any better driving vehicle will probably be more money than I'm willing to spend on a car.
Agreed... Six figs is already more than I feel comfortable spending on a car but I feel that's greatly offset by lower maintenance and fuel costs over time. Plus we have solar.
I was, like you, very concerned and contemplating canceling my order (not a good feeling when SW engineers on here are not wanting to take delivery!) but this new major update seems promising judging by the overwhelmingly positive comments by most of the freq posters on this forum.j
I really liked driving the Gravity on both test drives; just don't want to hear it from my wife and auto enthusiast friends if Lucid chokes or just can't make the SW functional.

I trust you have read the thread about owners that are NOT experiencing SW issues?
 
So my GGT went into production on Wednesday Dec 10th and my SA called today (Dec 13th) to let me know it was finished and awaiting transport to Tyson's Corner. There's a chance that I will take delivery before the new year. Fingers crossed all goes well.
 
Back
Top