Gravity Delivery Discussion

Congrats.
What a smart move.
I didn’t think about doing this and have just been patiently waiting.
Hopefully, theyl’ll come up with some kind of incentives for December.

The $3000 discount is still there as a Cyber Monday promotion now....

I, too, failed to take advantage of the opportunity.

I had switched to an inventory vehicle a couple of weeks ago. At the time, the SA insisted that I would only be allowed to do so if I took delivery in November. I agreed, and told them I could be at the studio on Saturday (the 30th) to do so. But it has been crickets from the sales and delivery teams, even though the vehicle is on site.

Frustratingly, I saw the vehicle I ordered show up on the inventory page on Friday. If I had been on my toes, I would have called to make the switch then, to see if I could get the $3000 discount. On the other hand, at that time I genuinely thought I would be taking delivery the next day. Instead, I am still waiting, anyway.
 
Update on Pre-Delivery Inspections:

From my SA - she said the Gravity is a much larger vehicle than the Air so the inspections take longer. The Gravity arrived at the SC on Friday and I asked if it was likely to have it ready by Wednesday. She thought end of week would be more likely.

So - that's about a full week for PDI at the Milbrae California SC currently. Obvs it doesn't take that long but likely have to take into account other vehicles in cue.
 
Update on Pre-Delivery Inspections:

From my SA - she said the Gravity is a much larger vehicle than the Air so the inspections take longer. The Gravity arrived at the SC on Friday and I asked if it was likely to have it ready by Wednesday. She thought end of week would be more likely.

So - that's about a full week for PDI at the Milbrae California SC currently. Obvs it doesn't take that long but likely have to take into account other vehicles in cue.
Yeah, it does not take that long. Mine arrived Fri before Thanksgiving and was ready for delivery by following Tuesday, but that is in Houston. California SC’s I am sure are handling a lot more vehicles.
 
Yeah, it does not take that long. Mine arrived Fri before Thanksgiving and was ready for delivery by following Tuesday, but that is in Houston. California SC’s I am sure are handling a lot more vehicles.

Mine arrived at the Natick SC on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I saw a couple of software updates, but am still waiting for PDI to be completed.
 
After lots of back-and-forth, especially as I got closer to delivery and in light of all the software issues mentioned in the forums, finally decided to go ahead with the purchase of my Gravity GT (Black, Stealth, Ojai, 20-21in, all options). Didn't take very long once car went into production.

Here is my timeline:
3/29/25 - Order Placed
8/17/25 - Modified order from Yosemite to Ojai interior
11/12/25 - In Production
11/21/25 - Preparing for Delivery
11/30/25 - Delivered

My wife will be driving the car as well but since she is not tech-savvy at all and loves the simplicity of driving a Tesla ('19 Model 3 Perf), I'll be the sole driver for the next few months as I ensure (even if that means disabling features) the car is as stable as possible. We test drove a Rivian R1S as well but wife quickly rejected that option due to 'bumpiness' over roads.

Overall, first day of driving with the Gravity has been awesome. We're replacing a '17 Kia Sorento with this so it's an improvement in every single dimension - Speed, handling, quietness, comfort, space. The software feels much smoother than what I have in the '19 Model 3 (a much older year model on slower hardware so not a great comparison) and the UI across all the screens seemed intuitive to me. Looking forward to adding more miles into the Gravity!
 
After lots of back-and-forth, especially as I got closer to delivery and in light of all the software issues mentioned in the forums, finally decided to go ahead with the purchase of my Gravity GT (Black, Stealth, Ojai, 20-21in, all options). Didn't take very long once car went into production.

Here is my timeline:
3/29/25 - Order Placed
8/17/25 - Modified order from Yosemite to Ojai interior
11/12/25 - In Production
11/21/25 - Preparing for Delivery
11/30/25 - Delivered

My wife will be driving the car as well but since she is not tech-savvy at all and loves the simplicity of driving a Tesla ('19 Model 3 Perf), I'll be the sole driver for the next few months as I ensure (even if that means disabling features) the car is as stable as possible. We test drove a Rivian R1S as well but wife quickly rejected that option due to 'bumpiness' over roads.

Overall, first day of driving with the Gravity has been awesome. We're replacing a '17 Kia Sorento with this so it's an improvement in every single dimension - Speed, handling, quietness, comfort, space. The software feels much smoother than what I have in the '19 Model 3 (a much older year model on slower hardware so not a great comparison) and the UI across all the screens seemed intuitive to me. Looking forward to adding more miles into the Gravity!
The “bumpiness” is why we almost never drive our R1S. It’s a nightmare on speed bumps even at low speeds.
 
Woo, my order just transitioned to "In production" this morning. So far the timeline is:

Ordered: Aug 4, 2025
Pre-VIN: October 2025 (no exact date)
Production: Dec 1, 2025

Apparently Michael Ma has left Lucid and now my sales specialist is Jacques. So far he has been very communicative and was the one who said mine would go into production this week. It will apparently take 2-3 days to finish production and is expected for delivery by EoY. Super excited to get it but worried enough about the company and their future to only consider the lease.
 
I see Lucid, like Tesla, has an automatic opt-in arbitration agreement. Just an FYI to anyone that has not noticed this. I will be opting out.
 
Woo, my order just transitioned to "In production" this morning. So far the timeline is:

Ordered: Aug 4, 2025
Pre-VIN: October 2025 (no exact date)
Production: Dec 1, 2025

Apparently Michael Ma has left Lucid and now my sales specialist is Jacques. So far he has been very communicative and was the one who said mine would go into production this week. It will apparently take 2-3 days to finish production and is expected for delivery by EoY. Super excited to get it but worried enough about the company and their future to only consider the lease.
About the same timeline for mine, 14 August ordered, went into production while I was eating Thanksgiving dinner. SA says hopefully delivery by Christmas, but he admits that is just an estimate.
 
Got an update from Jacques. Completion expected in 2-3 days with delivery within 2 weeks. The PDI will happen in Phoenix for mine then shipping to NM (8-9 hour drive). Hopefully that is accurate.
 
So I was planning on getting WeatherTech floor mats for my GGT (whenever it plans to arrive 🤨). They do not yet support any Lucid products. Anyone have guidance/solution to floor protection for Park City’s slush, mud, and crud?
 
So I was planning on getting WeatherTech floor mats for my GGT (whenever it plans to arrive 🤨). They do not yet support any Lucid products. Anyone have guidance/solution to floor protection for Park City’s slush, mud, and crud?
The Lucid mats are fairly good but overpriced. LinerX mats should be available within two weeks. I prefer those as they have a deeper/higher “lip” and will hold melted snow, rain and spilled liquid better. LinerX also has a cargo mat for frunk and trunk but the trunk one only fits when third row is down (or all the time if you have a five seater!).
 
Ok, car finished production today. That is some serious improvement in production times from the summer.

Start production: late Dec 1
Finished production: early Dec 4

So, looks like less than 3 days unless I have the start time wrong. I only discovered it was in production early on Dec 2. Now the wait for it to leave the factory.
 
Delivery Update: Gravity Grand Touring, White, Stealth, 7 Seater, Fully Loaded including tech and tow hitch, smallest wheels.

Ordered - Nov. 7, 2024
Production - Oct. 19, 2025
Completed Production - Nov. 24, 2025
Arrived at SC - Nov. 28th
Pickup Scheduled - Dec. 8th

At the Milbrae Service Center they stated that "it's a lot larger than the Air so PDI takes longer". I'll be turning in my Air lease at the same time and will write up the experience. Then I'll call Twraps and see if they still need to measure out a Gravity for their screen and wrap measurements. I'm not planning on doing anything but figure since I have the time, I can get it in for measurements for those that want it.
 
Delivery Update: Gravity Grand Touring, White, Stealth, 7 Seater, Fully Loaded including tech and tow hitch, smallest wheels.

Ordered - Nov. 7, 2024
Production - Oct. 19, 2025
Completed Production - Nov. 24, 2025
Arrived at SC - Nov. 28th
Pickup Scheduled - Dec. 8th

At the Milbrae Service Center they stated that "it's a lot larger than the Air so PDI takes longer". I'll be turning in my Air lease at the same time and will write up the experience. Then I'll call Twraps and see if they still need to measure out a Gravity for their screen and wrap measurements. I'm not planning on doing anything but figure since I have the time, I can get it in for measurements for those that want it.
Congratulations.
And thank you for the thoughtfulness re. TWRAPS.
On another note, posts like this really make me wonder about the production operations at Lucid Plant.
My order for a white Dream, which is basically the same configuration as yours, with the exception of the front motor.
It went into production early October, with factory gate date of Nov 4.
What do I hear now from my Lucid SA about delivery when he's not ghosting? "By the end of the year, for sure."
Maybe my VIN has significant issues delaying the release?
I obviously missed out on the Black Friday savings, but I talk myself into believing a later delivery could be a blessing for more stable software.
On the other hand, I could downgrade this to a Touring, saving significantly.
Or just forget about Lucid completely and go with other brands, some of which currently offer huge discounts.
 
Last edited:
What a coincidence with my post above.
My SA just called and said Lucid will switch me to another car, which shows software installations today -- as opposed to nothing, natta, on the other Vin.
Delivery 3rd week December, though.
 
Delivery Update: Gravity Grand Touring, White, Stealth, 7 Seater, Fully Loaded including tech and tow hitch, smallest wheels.

Ordered - Nov. 7, 2024
Production - Oct. 19, 2025
Completed Production - Nov. 24, 2025
Arrived at SC - Nov. 28th
Pickup Scheduled - Dec. 8th

At the Milbrae Service Center they stated that "it's a lot larger than the Air so PDI takes longer". I'll be turning in my Air lease at the same time and will write up the experience. Then I'll call Twraps and see if they still need to measure out a Gravity for their screen and wrap measurements. I'm not planning on doing anything but figure since I have the time, I can get it in for measurements for those that want it.
I'm scheduled to pick up my Supernova Bronze GGT on Saturday, Dec. 6, in Millbrae. I saw a white one in the background of the photos they sent me today. Wonder if that was yours.
 

Attachments

  • fa664b27-4bed-400c-b92d-bc32cc9060b8.webp
    fa664b27-4bed-400c-b92d-bc32cc9060b8.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 152
The Lucid mats are fairly good but overpriced. LinerX mats should be available within two weeks. I prefer those as they have a deeper/higher “lip” and will hold melted snow, rain and spilled liquid better. LinerX also has a cargo mat for frunk and trunk but the trunk one only fits when third row is down (or all the time if you have a five seater!).
Does their cargo mat extend across "The Void?" Because it really should. :)
 
The eagle has landed for me! Supernova Bronze/Ojai, 20/21, Tech, Dynamic Handling Pkg
Ordered 4/28/25
Entered Production 10/23/25
Completed Production 11/20/25
Delivered to PHX for PDI 11/24/25
Arrived at Scottsdale SC for final PDI and detailing 12/3/25
Took delivery 12/4/25
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7919.webp
    IMG_7919.webp
    937 KB · Views: 164
The eagle has landed for me! Supernova Bronze/Ojai, 20/21, Tech, Dynamic Handling Pkg
Ordered 4/28/25
Entered Production 10/23/25
Completed Production 11/20/25
Delivered to PHX for PDI 11/24/25
Arrived at Scottsdale SC for final PDI and detailing 12/3/25
Took delivery 12/4/25
I seems that your Gravity was on the same truck from the factory as mine. Since I am out of town until the 13th, I asked to have it ready for delivery on the 14th. I hope all goes well with your gravity.
 
Back
Top