Gravity Bugs / Issues

This happened to me 1-2 times and the only way to get it to go away was to reboot.
I watch this thread like a hawk and never seen the "chime of death" reported, but now it's apparently a common thing everyone knows how to deal with 🤣
It freaked the hell out of me when it happened in my car a month ago and I reported it, but got no confirmations, so I thought it was just my car.
 
Thanks for sharing your workaround! Unfortunately, the proximity beeping issue behaved differently for me. I tried all of the steps others suggested, including switching profiles, shifting back into drive and then into park, and even moving the vehicle slightly, but the audible alert continued nonstop. In my case it did not stop even when I started driving.
I am attempting to attach a video of what I experienced. The only way I was able to clear the issue was to drive home and perform a full hard reboot. This is on a Lucid Gravity Grand Touring running 3.3.9. Hopefully Lucid addresses and resolves these types of issues in a future update.
I didn't see this post until after I posted my solution earlier.

So, perhaps the shifting into drive and then park didn't work because the sensors continue misreading the setting you were in.
Perhaps my driving to a different setting allowed the sensors to read the new setting correctly and stop when I drove away.

Early adopter life.
 
This life of early adopter isn't for everyone and that's OK. Most people probably should buy something else until this matures.

The problem is that if you want the power of a Dream Edition you have to take an early-production car. I really wish Lucid would follow the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi practice of not introducing their AMG, M, or RS trims until later in the production run . . . or at least keep the Dream Edition in production for those willing to wait for the debugging.
 
The problem is that if you want the power of a Dream Edition you have to take an early-production car. I really wish Lucid would follow the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi practice of not introducing their AMG, M, or RS trims until later in the production run . . . or at least keep the Dream Edition in production for those willing to wait for the debugging.
You mean Sapphire Edition?
 
You mean Sapphire Edition?

Not really. The Sapphire goes beyond just being an up-powered trim level. It's focus on extreme performance drives it into a narrower niche, with the loss of roof choices, more-prominently bolstered seats, a stiffer suspension at all settings, expensive standard items really aimed at track use (such as ceramic brakes), etc. AMG, M, and RS trims still leave buyers with more choices to tailor the car to their specific wants or needs.

I was torn for a wile about buying a Sapphire, but the notion of a huge price premium coupled with the loss of some features that really matter to me for a performance edge beyond anything I would ever use was too much. The Dream Edition trims of both our Air and Gravities did not present that dilemma.
 
The left steering wheel pad has stopped responding. Has anyone had this happen, have a solution, and not have it be something that requires a service appointment? We have called service and they likely have to set up a mobile appointment. It is concerning to not have the ability to do a reboot now.
 
I watch this thread like a hawk and never seen the "chime of death" reported, but now it's apparently a common thing everyone knows how to deal with 🤣
It freaked the hell out of me when it happened in my car a month ago and I reported it, but got no confirmations, so I thought it was just my car.
You are not alone. You are heard and your concerns are valid.
 
The left steering wheel pad has stopped responding. Has anyone had this happen, have a solution, and not have it be something that requires a service appointment? We have called service and they likely have to set up a mobile appointment. It is concerning to not have the ability to do a reboot now.
Mine has not stopped responding completely. However, it is far less responsive than it was. At some point, not sure which update or when, I began to have to press multiple times for things - sometimes. And sometimes they work on first try.

It’s one physical button (best I can tell) for everything - the bottom DD settings are just a different color pad, but appear to be the same button. So it relies entirely on finger placement on the capacitive pad.

Not sure why it’s wonky, but many folks have said it is. Haven’t seen anyone say theirs just doesn’t work at all. If that’s your case, you probably need service.
 
Mine has not stopped responding completely. However, it is far less responsive than it was. At some point, not sure which update or when, I began to have to press multiple times for things - sometimes. And sometimes they work on first try.

It’s one physical button (best I can tell) for everything - the bottom DD settings are just a different color pad, but appear to be the same button. So it relies entirely on finger placement on the capacitive pad.

Not sure why it’s wonky, but many folks have said it is. Haven’t seen anyone say theirs just doesn’t work at all. If that’s your case, you probably need service.
Thanks. We talked with service and they said it takes at least 1.5 hours for car to go into deep sleep, which may clear the problem. But we are also working on setting up a mobile service in case that doesn't work.
 
Thanks. We talked with service and they said it takes at least 1.5 hours for car to go into deep sleep, which may clear the problem. But we are also working on setting up a mobile service in case that doesn't work.
I know this will be shocking, but “how long does it take to go into deep sleep”
Is part of the oral tradition. We should have a poll. Some have been told 10 minutes, some 15, some one hour - 1.5 hours is new to me.

Generally, “overnight” sleep has helped out now toddler Gravity adjust. 🐣
 
New story… after they replaced my rear drive unit I did a 1100 mile trip from ny to St. Petersburg in 2 days… amazing trip, car behaved perfectly apart from the range that dropped to a 2.7 miles per kilowatt. Had to charge 5 times to get here.
All good, went to charge after the trip all worked fine.
Did the 3.3.9 update on Tuesday car working perfectly, driving every day a little bit.
Went trying to charge at a tesla tonight and the car started giving me errors that escalate and will not charge… tried all the reboots, clear errors but if i try to charge again at tesla ( tried different charges at same location) car gives me tons of errors until i give the lock step away for 10 minutes and come back….
Anyone seen this before?
 
New story… after they replaced my rear drive unit I did a 1100 mile trip from ny to St. Petersburg in 2 days… amazing trip, car behaved perfectly apart from the range that dropped to a 2.7 miles per kilowatt. Had to charge 5 times to get here.
All good, went to charge after the trip all worked fine.
Did the 3.3.9 update on Tuesday car working perfectly, driving every day a little bit.
Went trying to charge at a tesla tonight and the car started giving me errors that escalate and will not charge… tried all the reboots, clear errors but if i try to charge again at tesla ( tried different charges at same location) car gives me tons of errors until i give the lock step away for 10 minutes and come back….
Anyone seen this before?
I’d try a different supercharger station. Otherwise, it sounds similar to behavior that reviewer experienced when his RDU was failing.
 
New story… after they replaced my rear drive unit I did a 1100 mile trip from ny to St. Petersburg in 2 days… amazing trip, car behaved perfectly apart from the range that dropped to a 2.7 miles per kilowatt. Had to charge 5 times to get here.
All good, went to charge after the trip all worked fine.
Did the 3.3.9 update on Tuesday car working perfectly, driving every day a little bit.
Went trying to charge at a tesla tonight and the car started giving me errors that escalate and will not charge… tried all the reboots, clear errors but if i try to charge again at tesla ( tried different charges at same location) car gives me tons of errors until i give the lock step away for 10 minutes and come back….
Anyone seen this before?
I did have the EA handshake fail on my Air and it locked the charger to charge port!! I had to wait a reset the EA charger, pull really really hard to get the plug out, and on the second attempt the handshake worked.
 
. . . I did a 1100 mile trip from ny to St. Petersburg in 2 days… amazing trip, car behaved perfectly apart from the range that dropped to a 2.7 miles per kilowatt.

Just curious about a few things, if you don't mind:

- car configuration (wheels/tires, 5- or 7-seater, Dream or GGT)?
- typical speed?
- outside temperature range?
- how loaded was the car?
 
So.... I had my first experience of the infamous "arctic blast" upon entering the vehicle. I may be able to shed some light on this from my 1-off experience: For the most part up until a drive today, I would generally make any A/C adjustments to the car with the physical buttons rather than actually go into the A/C menu screen. Today, I decided to go into the menu at a stoplight and play around with some settings for fun (*probably a mistake in retrospect lol*)... I turned the A/C to Auto which I typically never use and set the temperature and fan speed and sync'd with the passenger side and played around with a few things....I then ran inside the grocery store and came out to be greeted by the Arctic Blast. I have since turned off Auto and have driven the car several more times and have not re-experienced the issue.

So, I guess the questions is: Is everyone that's experiencing that issue using "Auto" rather than just the manual physical controls?

I now think I should not every play around with the seat or I'll likely inadvertently invoke the lay flat bug lol.
 
Does your service invoice say what parts they replaced or what procedures were performed to address the issues?
I believe the SA told me there’s a control module in the steering column that they replaced to address the inability to shift in reverse. A new steering wheel was installed for the unresponsive DD buttons. The cameras evidently required some sort of advance calibration with prompted a visit from the engineering team.
 
So.... I had my first experience of the infamous "arctic blast" upon entering the vehicle. I may be able to shed some light on this from my 1-off experience: For the most part up until a drive today, I would generally make any A/C adjustments to the car with the physical buttons rather than actually go into the A/C menu screen. Today, I decided to go into the menu at a stoplight and play around with some settings for fun (*probably a mistake in retrospect lol*)... I turned the A/C to Auto which I typically never use and set the temperature and fan speed and sync'd with the passenger side and played around with a few things....I then ran inside the grocery store and came out to be greeted by the Arctic Blast. I have since turned off Auto and have driven the car several more times and have not re-experienced the issue.

So, I guess the questions is: Is everyone that's experiencing that issue using "Auto" rather than just the manual physical controls?

I now think I should not every play around with the seat or I'll likely inadvertently invoke the lay flat bug lol.
we had the arctic blast happen today for the first time. I just kept hitting various climate buttons until it warmed up.
 
New story… after they replaced my rear drive unit I did a 1100 mile trip from ny to St. Petersburg in 2 days… amazing trip, car behaved perfectly apart from the range that dropped to a 2.7 miles per kilowatt. Had to charge 5 times to get here.
All good, went to charge after the trip all worked fine.
Did the 3.3.9 update on Tuesday car working perfectly, driving every day a little bit.
Went trying to charge at a tesla tonight and the car started giving me errors that escalate and will not charge… tried all the reboots, clear errors but if i try to charge again at tesla ( tried different charges at same location) car gives me tons of errors until i give the lock step away for 10 minutes and come back….
Anyone seen this before?
Had it happen to me 2 weeks ago at a supercharger stop. I even had turtle mode light up. Errors ended up clearing the same way. Was driving 500 miles that weekend, and was fine after that. CS had told me they hadn’t heard of that before. I’ll be testing this some more before the next roadtrip in December.
 
Just curious about a few things, if you don't mind:

- car configuration (wheels/tires, 5- or 7-seater, Dream or GGT)?
- typical speed?
- outside temperature range?
- how loaded was the car?
I have a gt white 7 seater, with all the options but tech pack. On the trip i was mostly between 65 and 80 for the 1000miles. Outside temp went from 40 to 70. Car was fully loaded all seats down. Me and my wife and id say around 300 pounds of everything…
 
Back
Top