Gravity Bugs / Issues

So this is the 3rd morning in a row that I had an error...that went away after a 10ish mile drive and step away from the car. (Previous were airbag/seatbelt pretensioner and yesterday was the "brake hold" not working). Today, I had a "headlight warning-contact service" warning. Same deal as previous 2 days...it went away. These don't bother me that much since they go away but it's definitely creating a trust-less relationship with the warnings/car.

Oh, one question: I home charged with my Tesla home charger. I clicked the button on the charge cable to release, but then I also wasn't sure so clicked the button on the car below the 4 lights. Took cable out. Now, car screens are dark. Car won't do anything. I start thinking it died. Then, went and pressed that button next to charge port and screens popped back on. I tried looking this up in the manual and there isn't much... Is that button necessary to unlock? Was that a coincidence or did that button sleep my car?
 
So this is the 3rd morning in a row that I had an error...that went away after a 10ish mile drive and step away from the car. (Previous were airbag/seatbelt pretensioner and yesterday was the "brake hold" not working). Today, I had a "headlight warning-contact service" warning. Same deal as previous 2 days...it went away. These don't bother me that much since they go away but it's definitely creating a trust-less relationship with the warnings/car.

Oh, one question: I home charged with my Tesla home charger. I clicked the button on the charge cable to release, but then I also wasn't sure so clicked the button on the car below the 4 lights. Took cable out. Now, car screens are dark. Car won't do anything. I start thinking it died. Then, went and pressed that button next to charge port and screens popped back on. I tried looking this up in the manual and there isn't much... Is that button necessary to unlock? Was that a coincidence or did that button sleep my car?
No, that button hasn’t been necessary for me but the manual does say you need to use it. Only one time did I have to press it to unlock. Otherwise, that button has been useless for 4 months.
 
The Brake Hold issue is a thing. I had it on mine before it went into service and ironically the loaner Gravity they gave me had the same problem. It actually only had Brake Hold available about 60% of my drives.

Good news is my own car is back for a few days and it’s been pretty smooth sailing I have to say. Screens might do a quick reboot before I drive but nothing really showstopping like not being able to shift into Reverse or all cameras not working.
 
Some bugs on my Gravity:

• Periodically after parking the audible proximity chime won’t stop even when you put vehicle in park. Switching profiles doesn’t stop it. Sometimes when I return to car after locking the chime is still active and only stops once I commence driving.

• Previously selected interior lighting scheme doesn't stick when returning to car 75% of the time.

• Arctic blast (50% of startups)

• New today: vehicle not recognizing fob when approaching

• Dark screens persisting at startup (25% of the time)

• Multitude of error messages regarding sensors in left pilot panel at startup (always)
 
I have the B&W in my wife’s Volvo V60 Polestar, it’s excellent, I’d rate it as second best to Gravity SSPro. The B&W adds dynamic characteristics to offset the challenges of doing a car audio system, and it does a good job at it. I think it sounds good but not necessarily honest, like it’s almost doing some sort of dynamic compression or adding a limiter or something. The Gravity’s system doesn’t need to as it’s very even and musical, but yes somewhat hindered by vehicle acoustic limitations. I definitely sound like a broken record on this topic and don’t mean to over-exaggerate my qualifications but my former career was post production sound for film & TV for things I’d guess most viewers are familiar with, so I’m pretty sensitive about issues of audio accuracy. Tidal + Atmos in the Gravity to my ear does a better job of recreating what I myself heard in the studio better than any other vehicle. Most importantly Atmos gives you a true center channel. Lucid’s audio team’s reference system are Genelec near field monitors which is the standard for many editing and recording studios, they’re what we used, albeit the larger mid-field ones but a car is a near field environment so their choice is appropriate. Because of that accuracy, and the apparent lack of meddling with the source by the DSP, it’s true as @borski says that the Gravity (and Air) tend to reveal flaws in inferior audio sources and formats. I also gotta say that while everyone loves the B&W system, and their home systems are excellent, that tweeter is more cosmetic than really good, and their whole thing of giving you processing to create “studio”, “stage” and “theater” presets is kind of nonsense, like zero pro audio engineers would ever elect to do that to their mix.
I subscribed to Tidal in the Gravity. Can you explain to me how I can tell if a track is Atmos or not?
 
Some bugs on my Gravity:

• Periodically after parking the audible proximity chime won’t stop even when you put vehicle in park. Switching profiles doesn’t stop it. Sometimes when I return to car after locking the chime is still active and only stops once I commence driving.

• Previously selected interior lighting scheme doesn't stick when returning to car 75% of the time.

• Arctic blast (50% of startups)

• New today: vehicle not recognizing fob when approaching

• Dark screens persisting at startup (25% of the time)

• Multitude of error messages regarding sensors in left pilot panel at startup (always)
These are all issues that seem fairly common. I don’t think Lucid can/should bring any new features (eg CarPlay, hands free driving, etc) until they can legit squash these bugs. I expect and hope no new features and 100% focus on bugs for rest of year, at least.

It’s so interesting how random the bugs are across the fleet. It’s got to be like whack-a-mole for Lucid.
 
I subscribed to Tidal in the Gravity. Can you explain to me how I can tell if a track is Atmos or not?
There’s a Dolby Atmos logo next to those tracks. Don’t use the car UI - it’s useless for searching and filtering genres. DA is a “genre” on the phone app. You need to use the phone app to choose songs or playlists and then select those from car. That’s what I do. Otherwise, it’s darn near impossible to search for DA in car without typing the track name and “Dolby” after it and that doesn’t always work.
 
Some bugs on my Gravity:

• Periodically after parking the audible proximity chime won’t stop even when you put vehicle in park. Switching profiles doesn’t stop it. Sometimes when I return to car after locking the chime is still active and only stops once I commence driving.
If this starts, easy way to make it go away I found is to put the car right back into drive and back into park, when it keeps sounding that alert when you shift into park. Once I had to move away from what was causing the alert and pull back into the spot and it went away. I've only had this error happen like 3 or 4 times, but figured out this work around and never had the sound continue into park after trying these two things.
 
There’s a Dolby Atmos logo next to those tracks. Don’t use the car UI - it’s useless for searching and filtering genres. DA is a “genre” on the phone app. You need to use the phone app to choose songs or playlists and then select those from car. That’s what I do. Otherwise, it’s darn near impossible to search for DA in car without typing the track name and “Dolby” after it and that doesn’t always work.
Ah, I see. I have not been using the Tidal phone app. Seems odd that there isn’t the same Atmos logo on the car app. Thx.
 
Ah, I see. I have not been using the Tidal phone app. Seems odd that there isn’t the same Atmos logo on the car app. Thx.
There IS a DA logo in the car, but it will take forever to find DA songs from the car UI. That’s where the phone app comes in. Car app just doesn’t have anywhere near the features/UI as the phone app. This is true for Spotify too. But it’s worse for Tidal.
 
If this starts, easy way to make it go away I found is to put the car right back into drive and back into park, when it keeps sounding that alert when you shift into park. Once I had to move away from what was causing the alert and pull back into the spot and it went away. I've only had this error happen like 3 or 4 times, but figured out this work around and never had the sound continue into park after trying these two things.
Thanks for sharing your workaround! Unfortunately, the proximity beeping issue behaved differently for me. I tried all of the steps others suggested, including switching profiles, shifting back into drive and then into park, and even moving the vehicle slightly, but the audible alert continued nonstop. In my case it did not stop even when I started driving.
I am attempting to attach a video of what I experienced. The only way I was able to clear the issue was to drive home and perform a full hard reboot. This is on a Lucid Gravity Grand Touring running 3.3.9. Hopefully Lucid addresses and resolves these types of issues in a future update.
 

Attachments

  • IMG 0879-Redacted-1.mp4
    2.8 MB
Thanks for sharing your workaround! Unfortunately, the proximity beeping issue behaved differently for me. I tried all of the steps others suggested, including switching profiles, shifting back into drive and then into park, and even moving the vehicle slightly, but the audible alert continued nonstop. In my case it did not stop even when I started driving.
I am attempting to attach a video of what I experienced. The only way I was able to clear the issue was to drive home and perform a full hard reboot. This is on a Lucid Gravity Grand Touring running 3.3.9. Hopefully Lucid addresses and resolves these types of issues in a future update.
This happened to me 1-2 times and the only way to get it to go away was to reboot.
 
I found a temporary workaround for this. Always use climate control from the app. Even if you are sitting inside the car.

It is like magic.
So when the cop pulls me over for using my phone while driving I’ll send the ticket to Lucid to pay. I am about a week away for delivery of my GGT and at this point am very, very nervous. 3.3.9 appears to be a total bust. I think it only came out primarily to fix some peoples home charging issues. Any hope of significant improvement of other bugs/issues appears not to be. I know that there are a number of people on here that claim to have no (or at least minimal) issues but I get the feeling there are a lot more people who are definitely having issues.

My car might be here before Thanksgiving and we are having about 20 people over. I can see the scenario now.

Hey, let’s see that flashy new car of yours.

No problem, just let me go get the key from it’s faraday bag.
Now, let me remove the battery to reset the fob.
Then, let me pull up the car app on my phone to pre-set the AC to avoid the arctic blast.
Oh, and let’s make sure we do this well before dinner cause we will need time for the blacked out screens to boot up.

Finally now in the car but please ignore all the warning lights, they are just part of the great ambient light show.
Oh, trust me that if the Tidal app was working on the car, you would love the killer sound system but at least with no music we can marvel at how quiet the car is.
Pulling back in to garage and proximity chimes blare constantly - Hey you all go on in while I figure out how to stop this incessant noise.

At this point my sister who is seriously looking for a new SUV says “Yeah, I’ll just get a Lexus.”
 
The Brake Hold issue is a thing. I had it on mine before it went into service and ironically the loaner Gravity they gave me had the same problem. It actually only had Brake Hold available about 60% of my drives.

Good news is my own car is back for a few days and it’s been pretty smooth sailing I have to say. Screens might do a quick reboot before I drive but nothing really showstopping like not being able to shift into Reverse or all cameras not working.
Does your service invoice say what parts they replaced or what procedures were performed to address the issues?
 
So when the cop pulls me over for using my phone while driving I’ll send the ticket to Lucid to pay. I am about a week away for delivery of my GGT and at this point am very, very nervous. 3.3.9 appears to be a total bust. I think it only came out primarily to fix some peoples home charging issues. Any hope of significant improvement of other bugs/issues appears not to be. I know that there are a number of people on here that claim to have no (or at least minimal) issues but I get the feeling there are a lot more people who are definitely having issues.

My car might be here before Thanksgiving and we are having about 20 people over. I can see the scenario now.

Hey, let’s see that flashy new car of yours.

No problem, just let me go get the key from it’s faraday bag.
Now, let me remove the battery to reset the fob.
Then, let me pull up the car app on my phone to pre-set the AC to avoid the arctic blast.
Oh, and let’s make sure we do this well before dinner cause we will need time for the blacked out screens to boot up.

Finally now in the car but please ignore all the warning lights, they are just part of the great ambient light show.
Oh, trust me that if the Tidal app was working on the car, you would love the killer sound system but at least with no music we can marvel at how quiet the car is.
Pulling back in to garage and proximity chimes blare constantly - Hey you all go on in while I figure out how to stop this incessant noise.

At this point my sister who is seriously looking for a new SUV says “Yeah, I’ll just get a Lexus.”
This life of early adopter isn't for everyone and that's OK. Most people probably should buy something else until this matures. I haven't recommended the car to anyone yet, tho I absolutely love it (when it all works as it should, which is most of the time). I hope to eventually be able to recommend it as it improves.
 
This life of early adopter isn't for everyone and that's OK. Most people probably should buy something else until this matures. I haven't recommended the car to anyone yet, tho I absolutely love it (when it all works as it should, which is most of the time). I hope to eventually be able to recommend it as it improves.
Yes, I recognize that we are all early adopters and that with Lucid, it is not just a new model but also a relatively new company that has only been building cars for 5 years. I purposely delayed placing my order so that by the time I got my car, Lucid would have had 6+ months to sort things out. At this point, it looks like Lucid is going to need another 6+ months to get to a stable/reliable platform. Yes, I know there are a lot of owners here stating they have no/minimal issues but there are still way to many people with common issues.
Fortunately, I don’t have any major road trips planned for the next 6 months, I have another car that is my wife’s primary car (but it is a convertible, so limited space.). Ideally I would have waited another few months but my 9 year old Mercedes AMG was starting to have some expensive issues and I was able to sell (unload) it a couple days ago.
 
This life of early adopter isn't for everyone and that's OK. Most people probably should buy something else until this matures. I haven't recommended the car to anyone yet, tho I absolutely love it (when it all works as it should, which is most of the time). I hope to eventually be able to recommend it as it improves.
Lucid promised a smooth launch because they learned their lesson from the Air. Yet here we are.
 
Some bugs on my Gravity:

• Periodically after parking the audible proximity chime won’t stop even when you put vehicle in park. Switching profiles doesn’t stop it. Sometimes when I return to car after locking the chime is still active and only stops once I commence driving.

• Previously selected interior lighting scheme doesn't stick when returning to car 75% of the time.

• Arctic blast (50% of startups)

• New today: vehicle not recognizing fob when approaching

• Dark screens persisting at startup (25% of the time)

• Multitude of error messages regarding sensors in left pilot panel at startup (always)
I had that happen once.
Chime continued as I drove.
I pulled over and parked in a spot that would active the chime again, as if it were not active.
That seemed to reset the chime; it stopped when I drove off from the parked spot.
 
If this starts, easy way to make it go away I found is to put the car right back into drive and back into park, when it keeps sounding that alert when you shift into park. Once I had to move away from what was causing the alert and pull back into the spot and it went away. I've only had this error happen like 3 or 4 times, but figured out this work around and never had the sound continue into park after trying these two things.
I did similar.
Instead of pulling back into the spot where the issue started.
I drove to another spot.

The drive to another spot was only because I figured if I drove for awhile the sound would stop.
Once it didn't, I pulled into another spot that would activate the chime.
 
Back
Top