Gravity Bugs / Issues

1,000% agree on SSPro and Atmos. I am blown away by the sound at least once daily. I don’t have the experience you do, but did do a number of professional band and vocal records and, as @Bunnylebowski said, SSPro, for me, comes closest to what I heard when I was IN the studio.
Sometimes I find the bass to be kinda muddy. Not all the time, but in certain scenarios it doesn't sound clean enough.
 
Sometimes I find the bass to be kinda muddy. Not all the time, but in certain scenarios it doesn't sound clean enough.
I hear that (pun intended). But, I far prefer it to the “pop/punch” bass in my R1S and the X’s system that’s neither poppy enough nor rumbly enough for me. X just doesn’t get the low register well and R1S thinks everything has to be punchy.
 
I hear that (pun intended). But, I far prefer it to the “pop/punch” bass in my R1S and the X’s system that’s neither poppy enough nor rumbly enough for me. X just doesn’t get the low register well and R1S thinks everything has to be punchy.
My X had crackles and pops in the sound system that they were never able to fix. They tried to blame the music a few times even though it happened with every app, USB, etc.
 
Something that I thought might go away with recent updates persists: one of our Gravities geofences the garage, bringing up the Homelink menu upon approaching or leaving the garage. The other doesn't.

Why would two Gravities with Homelink set up the same way behave differently?

I can't imagine what the software team is up against when trying to deal with software issues that come and go randomly and that affect different cars differently.

I'm a rube when it comes to such things, but it feels to me that there is something out of kilter deep in the foundation of the software that these OTA bug fixes are just papering over . . . and not always doing even that.
 
Something that I thought might go away with recent updates persists: one of our Gravities geofences the garage, bringing up the Homelink menu upon approaching or leaving the garage. The other doesn't.

Why would two Gravities with Homelink set up the same way behave differently?

I can't imagine what the software team is up against when trying to deal with software issues that come and go randomly and that affect different cars differently.

I'm a rube when it comes to such things, but it feels to me that there is something out of kilter deep in the foundation of the software that these OTA bug fixes are just papering over . . . and not always doing even that.


Is the GPS still weird sometimes with it's location? That would definitely cause the geofencing to be wonky too.
 
I have the B&W in my wife’s Volvo V60 Polestar, it’s excellent, I’d rate it as second best to Gravity SSPro. The B&W adds dynamic characteristics to offset the challenges of doing a car audio system, and it does a good job at it. I think it sounds good but not necessarily honest, like it’s almost doing some sort of dynamic compression or adding a limiter or something. The Gravity’s system doesn’t need to as it’s very even and musical, but yes somewhat hindered by vehicle acoustic limitations. I definitely sound like a broken record on this topic and don’t mean to over-exaggerate my qualifications but my former career was post production sound for film & TV for things I’d guess most viewers are familiar with, so I’m pretty sensitive about issues of audio accuracy. Tidal + Atmos in the Gravity to my ear does a better job of recreating what I myself heard in the studio better than any other vehicle. Most importantly Atmos gives you a true center channel. Lucid’s audio team’s reference system are Genelec near field monitors which is the standard for many editing and recording studios, they’re what we used, albeit the larger mid-field ones but a car is a near field environment so their choice is appropriate. Because of that accuracy, and the apparent lack of meddling with the source by the DSP, it’s true as @borski says that the Gravity (and Air) tend to reveal flaws in inferior audio sources and formats. I also gotta say that while everyone loves the B&W system, and their home systems are excellent, that tweeter is more cosmetic than really good, and their whole thing of giving you processing to create “studio”, “stage” and “theater” presets is kind of nonsense, like zero pro audio engineers would ever elect to do that to their mix.
Another upvote for SSPro from a classically trained musician, the soundstage is excellent and it really shines with Atmos content. Even stereo upmixing (Tidal source) is great.

We bought our 2019 XC90 for the Bowers. Many have joked that it's a hi-fi with a car attached. It's a fantastic system and well-engineered - great speaker placement with good EQ options and delay optimization - but its betrayed by the chassis once you start moving, and it's not like you can just sit there idling or running down the 12V battery to listen to music. SPA (Volvo platform) chassis cars have an elevated noise floor (well, higher than I expected for a luxury SUV) and structural boominess from road impacts that interrupt the experience, robbing some of the nuance of the system.

On the Audi side, their B&O 3D in the SQ7 is not as impressive sonically but the car is a vault at speed. However, this system is known for having intermittent crackles and pops too, and leans heavily on DSP. I really feel like the system was optimized for the front row to the detriment of the 2nd row.

Let's be real, cars are cars and aren't built for critical listening. But the SSPro in the Gravity at any speed gets me as close as I would reasonably want while focusing on trying to get to new places, avoid accidents, etc. And I'm looking forward to enjoying the system in the garage while my family sleeps. Out of all the money I've spent on factor car audio upgrades, I'm most pleased with this one.
 
Is the GPS still weird sometimes with it's location? That would definitely cause the geofencing to be wonky too.
This. Or if the GPS was weird when you set it up on that car.
 
Is the GPS still weird sometimes with it's location? That would definitely cause the geofencing to be wonky too.

The Homelink has not been geofencing on this car for some time.

Also, this morning the GPS system again malfunctioned for a while before righting itself, showing us driving over houses and woodland instead of on the road:

IMG_2650.webp
IMG_2651.webp


I know it must seem sometimes as if I'm making some of this shit up but, honestly, there is simply no driving either one of our Gravities without something going out of whack.
 
This. Or if the GPS was weird when you set it up on that car.

This was one of the reasons for the first week-long Service Center visit. They reloaded the GPS software to resolve such issues . . . but now they're back.

If Porsche ever manages to crack the space engineering code the way Lucid has, it's bye bye Lucid at our house.

It's such a damn shame.
 
Yeah, I remember your GPS woes.

Dunno, have you or your partner spent any appreciable time near large magnets? Maybe you need to be demagnetized! (joking and not at all making light of your Gravity bugs :) )
 
Yeah its Porsche, and Im sure you can do some paint to sample stuff too and really drive the price up.

Not to mention Porsche just reported terrible results.
I know Porsche very well. Had the Taycan before Gravity. They are....uh...inventive with their pricing....
 
I know Porsche very well. Had the Taycan before Gravity. They are....uh...inventive with their pricing....
Yeah we had a 987 then a 981, and really wanted to pick up the Spyder RS, but the mark ups on Porsche have been insane.
 
Something that I thought might go away with recent updates persists: one of our Gravities geofences the garage, bringing up the Homelink menu upon approaching or leaving the garage. The other doesn't.

Why would two Gravities with Homelink set up the same way behave differently?

I can't imagine what the software team is up against when trying to deal with software issues that come and go randomly and that affect different cars differently.

I'm a rube when it comes to such things, but it feels to me that there is something out of kilter deep in the foundation of the software that these OTA bug fixes are just papering over . . . and not always doing even that.
I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Car has been largely fine with 3.3.9. But this morning the rear cameras wouldn’t show when I went into reverse. Last night the fob was acting up and I had to use the button to open car. Today top right infotainment never loaded - it was lit up, but blank. Reset fixed all of them.

But…why now? What happened the last 24 hours?

My concern is they really don’t know. They’re trying incredibly hard, they’re listening to us, reading the forum, etc but the consistently inconsistent software bugs must be excruciating for the team to try to debug. It’s very challenging for me to get the bugs to repeat each time I do one thing or another.

I know they’re on it. I guess I am comforted because supposedly they got it right eventually with the Air. But gosh, they’re definitely not doing themselves any favors. My Gravity drives so well but everyone I know won’t touch it because of the software issues they’ve seen or heard about (and not from me!).
 
I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Car has been largely fine with 3.3.9. But this morning the rear cameras wouldn’t show when I went into reverse. Last night the fob was acting up and I had to use the button to open car. Today top right infotainment never loaded - it was lit up, but blank. Reset fixed all of them.

But…why now? What happened the last 24 hours?

My concern is they really don’t know. They’re trying incredibly hard, they’re listening to us, reading the forum, etc but the consistently inconsistent software bugs must be excruciating for the team to try to debug. It’s very challenging for me to get the bugs to repeat each time I do one thing or another.

I know they’re on it. I guess I am comforted because supposedly they got it right eventually with the Air. But gosh, they’re definitely not doing themselves any favors. My Gravity drives so well but everyone I know won’t touch it because of the software issues they’ve seen or heard about (and not from me!).
Complaints will only get worse with the cheaper Touring’s becoming available. Seems it’s full steam ahead for Lucid though. Lucid can’t afford to take years to stabilize the Gravity software like the Air. The Gravity has much more visibility on it and will harm their reputation to a point of no return if they can’t reign in these issues fast!

Not saying this is the problem or the only problem causing it but usually, when software runs fine for hours or days on end and then just does weird stuff it can often mean a memory leak is happening somewhere. Reset often fixes it because the memory gets flushed upon doing so.
 
Complaints will only get worse with the cheaper Touring’s becoming available. Seems it’s full steam ahead for Lucid though. Lucid can’t afford to take years to stabilize the Gravity software like the Air. The Gravity has much more visibility on it and will harm their reputation to a point of no return if they can’t reign in these issues fast!

Not saying this is the problem or the only problem causing it but usually, when software runs fine for hours or days on end and then just does weird stuff it can often mean a memory leak is happening somewhere. Reset often fixes it because the memory gets flushed upon doing so.
No idea what the issues are, but don’t feel great about the Touring come out while the GGT (seemingly) has fairly widespread issues still. I guess once they “solved” the fob, they think folks will put up with the other weird stuff.

Just makes me concerned about service too.

Again, amazing car, but I don’t think many “regular” folk will accept any bugs at all. We shall see. I desperately want Lucid to succeed because their engineering is amazing, but gosh darn if they just can’t get out of their own way!
 
No idea what the issues are, but don’t feel great about the Touring come out while the GGT (seemingly) has fairly widespread issues still. I guess once they “solved” the fob, they think folks will put up with the other weird stuff.

Just makes me concerned about service too.

Again, amazing car, but I don’t think many “regular” folk will accept any bugs at all. We shall see. I desperately want Lucid to succeed because their engineering is amazing, but gosh darn if they just can’t get out of their own way!
My car was picked up on Monday and looks like it’s been sitting in the garage ever since. All for work Lucid didn’t properly at the last visit. I specifically told them I wanted them to take the car when it was ready to be worked on and they still took it and stored it. The service centers are clearly inundated and meanwhile I’m in a bare bones Pure while they’re just letting my car collect dust in the garage. I appreciate the loaner but I don’t want a loaner for 1 or 2 weeks, I want the car I purchased!
 
I know they’re on it. I guess I am comforted because supposedly they got it right eventually with the Air.

Yes, but the Air software wasn't gotten in hand until the underlying architecture of UX 1.0 was tossed and replaced with an entirely new structure for UX 2.0.

I'm thinking that is what is going to have to happen with the Gravity. As near as I can tell these OTA updates are nothing more than the similar band-aids Lucid used in order to prop up (mostly unsuccessfully) the Air's UX 1.0 software as long as they could.

We've had our first Gravity almost five months now and have downloaded every OTA update. The software in it is not improving.
 
Yes, but the Air software wasn't gotten in hand until the underlying architecture of UX 1.0 was tossed and replaced with an entirely new structure for UX 2.0.

I'm thinking that is what is going to have to happen with the Gravity. As near as I can tell these OTA updates are nothing more than the similar band-aids Lucid used in order to prop up (mostly unsuccessfully) the Air's UX 1.0 software as long as they could.
Hmmm. I can understand that when Air 1.0 was 1.0 for all of Lucid software. But hard to understand when 3.0 already was a rewrite. Would be interesting to know what’s really happening. Someone at Lucid, or some team, knows.

We shall see…
 
Hmmm. I can understand that when Air 1.0 was 1.0 for all of Lucid software. But hard to understand when 3.0 already was a rewrite. Would be interesting to know what’s really happening. Someone at Lucid, or some team, knows.

We shall see…
Yea I don't see them dumping 3.0.
 
Back
Top