Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since my first interaction with Lucid early in January, 2021, it has always been "order date dictates delivery date". It has been reiterated on numerous occasions, as recently as last week. I can understand how they stretched that philosophy due to color introduction and they even said to me after the grey delay became apparent that the order date would dictate confirmation date and thus delivery date within the color grouping. They now appear to pass over like configurations from an earlier confirmation date for later confirmation dates, throwing that "corporate communication line" out the window. There obviously are other factors at play that we may not be privy to. I wonder if it might have to do with balancing the loads at the various delivery/service centers. Pure speculation on my part, but seems reasonable without any clarification from Lucid as to the deviation from stated guideline.

@Balin - I think it was Grey/Santa Cruz/19"

I have always believed there are other parameters in their batching rather than just confirmation date, color, and interior. it is possible that they are grouping by delivery location to optimize transport. It looked like that was happening with the Dreams as many of the early ones were going to locations near service centers. (Of course they built service centers near to where most of the orders were so…..) . I also think, with so few left in those early Nov/Dec batches, that they consider it to be one big super batch.. they were already into January confirmations when they went back to the greys.

EDIT: : not to mention the fact that if someone cancels because of the extensive delays, and that car is already on the line, than it will get pushed down to someone else with that same configuration.

There are STILL November 2 confirmations without VINs. Have those customers really not received VINs yet or are they just inactive?

Or maybe you move up on the list if you complain the most as evidenced by Sandvinsd and HC_79
There are others who have complained just as much. We are not the only two who have been vocal about the lack of accurate and timely communication

No, I have complained enough, so that should not be it. I also ordered January 2021, so my order date is on the earlier side as evidenced by the mid-November confirmation date.

No, I have complained enough, so that should not be it. I also ordered January 2021, so my order date is on the earlier side as evidenced by the mid-November confirmation date.
Yes you have but according to my leaderboard you haven't made the medal round

If they discover something during PDI they will hold it and it seems like they don't tell the customer until they ask? cc: @TRJ_Lucid45
Received a call yesterday that my car has arrived and is ready for pickup. Unfortunately I am on vacation and won’t return for two weeks. I had hoped that the car would be available before I left on vacation even though we wouldn’t have taken the Lucid due lack of charging stations where we were headed.

Received a call yesterday that my car has arrived and is ready for pickup. Unfortunately I am on vacation and won’t return for two weeks. I had hoped that the car would be available before I left on vacation even though we wouldn’t have taken the Lucid due lack of charging stations where we were headed.
For transparency, I have been putting the "delivery date" as when the car is available. I will put April 26, 2022 for yours. Thank you for the update, congratulations, and good luck sleeping on the rest of your vacation knowing you have a Lucid waiting for you at home!

There are STILL November 2 confirmations without VINs. Have those customers really not received VINs yet or are they just inactive?
Sorry had not been active. My update is that I finally received a VIN assignment on 4/23 for my grey AGT. (Nov 2 confirmation). However for a number of reasons, I decided to cancel and went with an EQS that my local MB dealer unexpectedly offered to me earlier that week. Will definitely be back in a Lucid in the near future when it is more of a finished product from a software perspective.

I have always believed there are other parameters in their batching rather than just confirmation date, color, and interior. it is possible that they are grouping by delivery location to optimize transport.
My DA has basically told me that a couple of times.

Sorry had not been active. My update is that I finally received a VIN assignment on 4/23 for my grey AGT. (Nov 2 confirmation). However for a number of reasons, I decided to cancel and went with an EQS that my local MB dealer unexpectedly offered to me earlier that week. Will definitely be back in a Lucid in the near future when it is more of a finished product from a software perspective.
They probably gave me your VIN since we had the same confirguration.

Or maybe you move up on the list if you complain the most as evidenced by Sandvinsd and HC_79

It could be a Gaussian function: Your probability of getting prioritized goes up with complaints up to a point but then decreases after passing a threshold.

359035.jpg

It shows that they are close to starting Touring reservations if they have no more GTs to confirm. If I were Lucid though, I would wait to send out confirmation notices in order to clear out the GT production backlog. In that way the actual Touring deliveries can make it in their delivery timeline rather than having most of deliveries miss the window.

This would make sense so they can at least lock in the deposit to at least get that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back