Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join the club. My DA (prior to last Friday) was saying "mid-late April, maybe first week of May" for a VIN. He also said he thought the first week in May was a very slim possibility and was fairly confident that it would be by the end of April. As of last Friday, his tone changed to probably within two weeks (that would be the end of the first week of May) and maybe the week after. His boss even said, in no uncertain terms a couple weeks ago, that "I would take delivery of the car before June". I really do not see that happening.

This absence of VIN's in any sort of quantity (for any colors, let alone grey) has me really concerned that they are experiencing a slowdown at Casa Grande due to supply chain issues. So, just my luck that they get the issues with color worked out only to be smacked in the face with major supply chain issues. All of that is speculation, but what else would explain the lack of VIN's and the timeline shift? They have told quite a few people I know of in my Confirmation batch as well as the batch following "by the end of April". Maybe there will be a flood of VIN's later this week?????

Join the club. My DA (prior to last Friday) was saying "mid-late April, maybe first week of May" for a VIN. He also said he thought the first week in May was a very slim possibility and was fairly confident that it would be by the end of April. As of last Friday, his tone changed to probably within two weeks (that would be the end of the first week of May) and maybe the week after. His boss even said, in no uncertain terms a couple weeks ago, that "I would take delivery of the car before June". I really do not see that happening.

This absence of VIN's in any sort of quantity (for any colors, let alone grey) has me really concerned that they are experiencing a slowdown at Casa Grande due to supply chain issues. So, just my luck that they get the issues with color worked out only to be smacked in the face with major supply chain issues. All of that is speculation, but what else would explain the lack of VIN's and the timeline shift? They have told quite a few people I know of in my Confirmation batch as well as the batch following "by the end of April". Maybe there will be a flood of VIN's later this week?????
Getting same response from my DA. Initially was first 2 weeks April, then mid April and now by the end of April with delivery by end of May. Hope your right about a flood of VINs by end of week.

Getting same response from my DA. Initially was first 2 weeks April, then mid April and now by the end of April with delivery by end of May. Hope your right about a flood of VINs by end of week.
Maybe we greys should all start lobbying now for priority treatment on PDI given the production delays we’ve experienced.

I wonder if Lucid is facing the same issues as Rivian:

Bursts of production at the factory stop when parts run out, executives said. During the first quarter, Rivian assembled an average of about 40 vehicles per weekday -- less than one hour's output if the plant were running full speed.”

So, production is in fits and starts due to parts shortages, and that’s why we see VINs only come through sporadically. It’s just speculation of course.

If they're actually ordering from Amazon for supplies, then they are definitely hitting a wall.

That was quick! You reserved a few days ago and got the confirmation already! Wow.
I was honestly caught off guard. I was told at the show room in Miami that deliveries were projected anywhere from 2-5 months. I wasn't expecting the confirmation to be faster than a month and was going back and forth on if I should go with a Taycan GTS or this guy.. I'm committed now lol.

I was honestly caught off guard. I was told at the show room in Miami that deliveries were projected anywhere from 2-5 months. I wasn't expecting the confirmation to be faster than a month and was going back and forth on if I should go with a Taycan GTS or this guy.. I'm committed now lol.
Well, you probably won't get the car for 5 months anyway. But yea, your 1k deposit is now all Lucid.

Congrats by the way!

Well, you probably won't get the car for 5 months anyway. But yea, your 1k deposit is now all Lucid.

Congrats by the way!
Is there a place where people are taking to their Delivery Advisors and reporting timelines? I saw the mega thread, but there's not to much to help set expectations? I mean.. honestly I'm curious if it's possible to get a delivery within 2-3 months vs the full 5. Talking to the show room it sounded possible. It didn't quite seem realistic, but at the same time Lucid is JUST now revving up.. so it's also not far fetched if they pick up velocity in building cars.

Confirmation just puts you into the production line up. It may be many months until you get a VIN.

Is there a place where people are taking to their Delivery Advisors and reporting timelines? I saw the mega thread, but there's not to much to help set expectations? I mean.. honestly I'm curious if it's possible to get a delivery within 2-3 months vs the full 5. Talking to the show room it sounded possible. It didn't quite seem realistic, but at the same time Lucid is JUST now revving up.. so it's also not far fetched if they pick up velocity in building cars.
See page one of this thread, it has that data https://lucidowners.com/threads/grand-touring-delivery-tracker.493/

Seems like there is a 5 month wait in general https://lucidowners.com/threads/gt-tracking.1153/

So I actually put a deposit down on a GT this weekend and just got a confirmation today.

Sounds like they are able to confirm new reservations pretty immediately. Trying to decide if that's a good thing or not for Tourings once they start eventually. Meaning, there shouldn't be any delay in confirmations waiting to confirm all the Grand Tourings first.

Sounds like they are able to confirm new reservations pretty immediately. Trying to decide if that's a good thing or not for Tourings once they start eventually. Meaning, there shouldn't be any delay in confirmations waiting to confirm all the Grand Tourings first.
It shows that they are close to starting Touring reservations if they have no more GTs to confirm. If I were Lucid though, I would wait to send out confirmation notices in order to clear out the GT production backlog. In that way the actual Touring deliveries can make it in their delivery timeline rather than having most of deliveries miss the window.

If they're actually ordering from Amazon for supplies, then they are definitely hitting a wall.
Maybe they should've signed up for Prime to ensure 2-Day Delivery of parts 🤣

Delivery scheduled for 4/27. Black, Tahoe, 21". Millbrae CA. VIN 3/10. took them one week to schedule the delivery after signing and payment. AAA insurance is at $4950. Any suggestions for less expensive insurance?
thanks

Delivery scheduled for 4/27. Black, Tahoe, 21". Millbrae CA. VIN 3/10. took them one week to schedule the delivery after signing and payment. AAA insurance is at $4950. Any suggestions for less expensive insurance?
thanks
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back