Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to my DA today. He told me I should expect my VIN in the upcoming days and have the car by end of April. Given the current communication and timeframes given to date, i'm optimistic but he told me the car is moving through the factory.

I spoke to my DA today. He told me I should expect my VIN in the upcoming days and have the car by end of April. Given the current communication and timeframes given to date, i'm optimistic but he told me the car is moving through the factory.
I am happy for you. I imagine you are a bit excited. May I ask what your reservation date was and what the order confirmation date was?

I am happy for you. I imagine you are a bit excited. May I ask what your reservation date was and what the order confirmation date was?
January 5th which is why i'm very optimistic \ skeptical of the dates provided when I see others down the line not getting VINS with the same spec who confirmed in Nov\Dec

So someday we can order a Lucid from Amazon and with Amazon Prime get next day delivery?

Only in Red, Black or White with any interior other than Santa Cruz, for which we have limited supply.

Last edited:
OK, made the correction in the post above.

Despite the new batch, assignments and changes have been quiet in the last few days.

2015-07-28-1438094156-437530-sarcastic.jpg

Despite the new batch, assignments and changes have been quiet in the last few days.
I'm wondering if what my DA said was pretty accurate then. If so, then more VINS should be coming within the next week and wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot of Santa Cruz interiors. I didn't pick up 100% what he said on the call yesterday but it sounded like the car is painted and interior done before VIN is assigned so he said my car is moving through the factory and VIN should be coming within days. He then said that I can expect it to leave the factory within 5 - 15 days after VIN assignment.

How true this is, I don't know because from what we've all read on here the timelines he's provided seem very aggressive. He said if all goes to plan then I would have my car by end of April

Yea, my guy was apparently being very aggressive as well when he told me 2-4 months. (See @Neurio's insert above) I don't know how to do that stuff, just an old fart.

I got my VIN on Saturday and was told to expect 2 to 8 weeks for delivery. That seems like a potentially very long time after leaving the factory. I'm in San Diego so transportation won't be the issue.

AGT reserved 10/11/21 confirmed 3/10/22 (after waiting for a test drive) Cosmos Silver + Mohave

DA says expect delivery early July unless I want to change color. Plan to stick with car as ordered.

AGT reserved 26 Aug 2021; Ordered 4 Dec 2021 - Zenith Red, Santa Cruz Interior, 20" Aero Lite wheels.
Changed to Tahoe interior 18 March 2022 (was told the change would not delay delivery, presumably due to 20" wheels).

I got my VIN on Saturday and was told to expect 2 to 8 weeks for delivery. That seems like a potentially very long time after leaving the factory. I'm in San Diego so transportation won't be the issue.
The VIN just means it's entered production so it can take a couple weeks in production then you have delivery and inspection after that. I got my VIN on 3/10 and got notice on 3/21 that production was complete and the car would be shipping soon and got confirmation on 3/24 that it left the facility. I'm in Scottsdale, so I am assuming it is here by now. Next steps per DA:
Once it arrives, our Service team will give it a final inspection and beautification before reaching out to schedule your Pick-Up appointment.
Hoping to hear from them in the next several day to schedule pick-up. That will put me at about 3 weeks from VIN to pick-up.

AGT reserved 10/11/21 confirmed 3/10/22 (after waiting for a test drive) Cosmos Silver + Mohave

DA says expect delivery early July unless I want to change color. Plan to stick with car as ordered.
I'm in the same boat with the silver. Reserved 1/1/21 Confirmed 11/16/21 delivery June/July. I have been mulling over other options but have decided to stay with silver.

The VIN just means it's entered production so it can take a couple weeks in production then you have delivery and inspection after that. I got my VIN on 3/10 and got notice on 3/21 that production was complete and the car would be shipping soon and got confirmation on 3/24 that it left the facility. I'm in Scottsdale, so I am assuming it is here by now. Next steps per DA:
Once it arrives, our Service team will give it a final inspection and beautification before reaching out to schedule your Pick-Up appointment.
Hoping to hear from them in the next several day to schedule pick-up. That will put me at about 3 weeks from VIN to pick-up.
Theoretically, I should hear that production has been completed any day now as I got my VIN on 3/15. But it could just add easily be 6 more weeks I guess.

If it hadn't been for the bolt issue halting everything, my VIN to about to ship time frame was 9 days. My car was finally shipped this week and I am expecting I'll be able to pick it up next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back