Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This company just seems disorganized. Not sure if we just put it down to teething issues but the people running the company are seasoned veterans in the industry. They can't even seem to get a simple thing like sending pencils done correctly. People who confirmed after me have received the pencils but I haven't received mine. I don't care whether I get the pencils or not but it just shows the inconsistencies going on within the company at the moment.

Just got email to confirm AGT order for reservation made on 11/29. Black (may change to red), Santa Cruz, 21” (may change to 20”). We still haven’t been able to test drive at Tyson’s, so not sure if we will confirm without one.

This company just seems disorganized. Not sure if we just put it down to teething issues but the people running the company are seasoned veterans in the industry. They can't even seem to get a simple thing like sending pencils done correctly. People who confirmed after me have received the pencils but I haven't received mine. I don't care whether I get the pencils or not but it just shows the inconsistencies going on within the company at the moment.

The pencils are outsourced to Blackwing and has nothing to do with Lucid logistics.

got the email to confirm AGT (reserved mid Dec).
Zenith Red, Mojave, 21"

@mnewber1
Is it possible to start adding the interior color to the tracker? I know the rumor is the Santa Monica carpet for the DE's is part of the quality issue, but it seems possible that the same carpet is used in the Santa Cruz interior offer on GT's. It would be interesting to see if everyone who has received a GT VIN has an interior selection other than the Santa Cruz.

@mnewber1
Is it possible to start adding the interior color to the tracker? I know the rumor is the Santa Monica carpet for the DE's is part of the quality issue, but it seems possible that the same carpet is used in the Santa Cruz interior offer on GT's. It would be interesting to see if everyone who has received a GT VIN has an interior selection other than the Santa Cruz.
Could be an interesting thing to track. Working right now but will sit down and do this tonight.

A family member confirmed their AGT today: Reservation in 12/27/2021 (edited), Confirmed 3/1/2022, Gray/Santa Cruz/19"

No need to add to the list, but validates that more Jan reservation holders are getting confirmations.

Last edited:
A family member confirmed their AGT today: Reservation in early-Jan, Confirmed 3/1/2022, Gray/Santa Cruz/19"

No need to add to the list, but validates that more Jan reservation holders are getting confirmations.

Seems like they're starting to close the gap between reservation date and confirmation date for Grand Tourings. Could be a good sign if they think they can spit out these within 4 months. Although, it seems like that 4 month timeframe is wrong based on all the November 2nd confirmation batch (due tomorrow!)

Long time lurker on this forum - reserved AGT 4/21, Confirmed 11/30. For what it is worth my DA wrote me today as follows, in response to my question of whether to I can still expect my car by end of March: "We are starting to see that cars are starting to come out of the factory faster now so I would say that we are still looking good on that timeframe." With regards the 2-way charger system: "We should hear something for the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station here in Q1. I will reach out once it does come out."

Seems like they're starting to close the gap between reservation date and confirmation date for Grand Tourings. Could be a good sign if they think they can spit out these within 4 months. Although, it seems like that 4 month timeframe is wrong based on all the November 2nd confirmation batch (due tomorrow!)
Agreed on both points. My thinking is kicking off productions started later than expected, but now they're closing the gap by accelerating faster.

Based on the earnings call, I think what happened is parts shortages hampered output instead of operations. Constraints on growth have been largely external, which resulted in the lower production outlook for the year (under promise whenever you adjust guidance down). Reservations are clearly growing fast: 13k last September, 25k now - very healthy. Lot's of these are probably GT's, which probably explains why Touring and Pure is later this year than expected.

My hope is they can overcome shortages and slowly get ahead of EoY guidance. The biggest challenge is keeping reservations growing as going from 25k->50k is much much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back