Grand Touring Production

It seems team Grand Touring is getting ready to get orders as well, thats interesting. Nobody has received a vin right or delivery confirmation though?

I'd be shocked if I got a notification I was going into production.

Makes sense, just trying to make sense, clearly Casa Grande is building a lot of cars but its not exactly getting sent to customers. Just the process I guess takes a while if I had to guess once you are on the lot in casa grande then its probably taking like 2-3 weeks from what we're seeing. There must be more a holding area once they leave casa grande or something we miss in our calculations of delivery.

Makes sense, just trying to make sense, clearly Casa Grande is building a lot of cars but its not exactly getting sent to customers. Just the process I guess takes a while if I had to guess once you are on the lot in casa grande then its probably taking like 2-3 weeks from what we're seeing. There must be more a holding area once they leave casa grande or something we miss in our calculations of delivery.
I was told today that my car would be delivery very quickly (this year) once it cleared the production area, since it only needed to go to Phoenix for the DPI. So it may be that the cars that are sitting there are not being delivered due to logistics issues.

They have been confirming GT orders for nearly 2 months. They are still making the Dreams, so no GT folks have received any more information about delivery. They are hoping for January, but we'll see how the rest of the Dream production goes...

In theory if the Dream deliveries are completed in the next two weeks, then logically Grand Touring deliveries would begin immediately after. So I would guess that the first Grand Touring deliveries start the second or third week of January. It will be here quickly.

I hope. My DA said he hoped to get me my VIN early in the new year, but that was a couple of weeks ago now and clearly a lot has changed since then (semi publicly anyway).

In theory if the Dream deliveries are completed in the next two weeks, then logically Grand Touring deliveries would begin immediately after. So I would guess that the first Grand Touring deliveries start the second or third week of January. It will be here quickly.
about 3 months after order confirmation. That is what appears to be the earliest timeline for deliveries. Which is why my DA was implying 3-5 months when I spoke to her yesterday instead of the 2-4 I was originally quoted.

about 3 months after order confirmation. That is what appears to be the earliest timeline for delivers. Which is why my DA was implying 3-5 months when I spoke to her yesterday instead of the 2-4 I was originally quoted.

I'm liking the 5 month window.

Just got assigned a Delivery Advisor for my AGT. I assume that's not a big deal, as it's still a 3 month wait, right?

Not a big deal but a good opportunity to find out if they are still saying 2-4 months for delivery or if that has moved out.

It might very well be one of the first production GTs as we have entered the 2-4 month window from the first order confirmations. That would be great news if it was. I haven’t heard of anyone here actually getting a GT VIN though.

Considering it's not wrapped, it's likely a tester car and not a production GT. I'm sure someone here or on the other forum would have posted that they got a GT VIN if GT production had started.

Back