Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Grey Air GT
DE Number
Referral Code
I79OY1W7
Just saw this article published earlier today on The Motley Fool:

I saw this embedded in the article:
Importantly, Lucid also revealed it is on track to start deliveries of its second model -- the Grand Touring -- this year, right after it delivers 520 Air Dream Editions.

Has anyone else seen this reported recently? I know they said 577 vehicles this year and there will only be 520 Dreams, but I don't think I've ever seen Lucid confirm what those other 57 vehicles would be.

Dream Edition ‘almost done’? So the implication is that they’ve already produced nearly 520 vehicles? That certainly runs contrary to anything we’ve heard.

Of course to bring up an old phrase, it depends upon what your definition of ‘almost done’ is. ;)

It didn't sound like @hmp10 was the last to order and confirm.

Almost done could mean parts in line and moving towards the door? Anyone have experience to know at what point during assembly VIN is assigned? Body and most parts are the same up to what point? Could Zenith Red, my color choice as well be the hold up?

It didn't sound like @hmp10 was the last to order and confirm.

Almost done could mean parts in line and moving towards the door? Anyone have experience to know at what point during assembly VIN is assigned? Body and most parts are the same up to what point? Could Zenith Red, my color choice as well be the hold up?

Here was the timeline of my order in tedious detail. The email asking Dream reservation holders to configure and confirm their order arrived in my inbox the morning of September 20. I confirmed my order within an hour. Later that afternoon my sales rep called me to congratulate me on responding so quickly, telling me I was among the first to do so and that she had already assigned me to a Delivery Advisor who would be contacting me shortly. I was on a walk when she called, and by the time I got home I had an email from my Delivery Advisor about scheduling our first phone call. We scheduled for 8:00 a.m. PDT the next morning, September 21. During that call I asked her what role my reservation date (September of 2018) would play in scheduling the production of my car. She said the production schedule would be based on the order in which final orders were confirmed with a Delivery Advisor, which we were doing in that call. She added that our call was among the first being made. However, she also told me that production (not deliveries) would not begin for 2-4 months.

I asked her specifically when VINs would be assigned. I was particularly interested, as two friends had recently ordered a VW ID.4 and a Mustang Mach-E, and I had taken delivery a month earlier on a Model S Plaid. All of us had been given our VINs when the cars entered production, thus giving us a rough gauge on when to start the delivery countdown. She told me that Lucid would not assign the VIN until the end of production.

During the Production Week Preview event a week following this call, Ashoka8350 noticed that there were no Zenith Reds on the assembly line, and he wondered if the reds would not be in the early production queue. As that was my color choice, I called my Delivery Advisor to ask. She told me that choosing red did not affect place in queue.

Frankly, as production actually began a week after the call in which I was told 2-4 months, I don't know how much of what I'm told is reliable. From the reservation tracker on the other Lucid forum, it looks as if Zenith Red is the second most-chosen color behind Quantum Gray, constituting 20% of the reported choices. Although these are almost uselessly tiny samples, that would suggest that the absence of Zenith Red in the first twelve deliveries means that Zenith Red bodies were not available for the early part of the production queue. (Remember that Zenith Red was added to the Dream Edition choices at the last minute because so many Dream customers were asking for it.)

Here was the timeline of my order in tedious detail. The email asking Dream reservation holders to configure and confirm their order arrived in my inbox the morning of September 20. I confirmed my order within an hour. Later that afternoon my sales rep called me to congratulate me on responding so quickly, telling me I was among the first to do so and that she had already assigned me to a Delivery Advisor who would be contacting me shortly. I was on a walk when she called, and by the time I got home I had an email from my Delivery Advisor about scheduling our first phone call. We scheduled for 8:00 a.m. PDT the next morning, September 21. During that call I asked her what role my reservation date (September of 2018) would play in scheduling the production of my car. She said the production schedule would be based on the order in which final orders were confirmed with a Delivery Advisor, which we were doing in that call. She added that our call was among the first being made. However, she also told me that production (not deliveries) would not begin for 2-4 months.

I asked her specifically when VINs would be assigned. I was particularly interested, as two friends had recently ordered a VW ID.4 and a Mustang Mach-E, and I had taken delivery a month earlier on a Model S Plaid. All of us had been given our VINs when the cars entered production, thus giving us a rough gauge on when to start the delivery countdown. She told me that Lucid would not assign the VIN until the end of production.

During the Production Week Preview event a week following this call, Ashoka8350 noticed that there were no Zenith Reds on the assembly line, and he wondered if the reds would not be in the early production queue. As that was my color choice, I called my Delivery Advisor to ask. She told me that choosing red did not affect place in queue.

Frankly, as production actually began a week after the call in which I was told 2-4 months, I don't know how much of what I'm told is reliable. From the reservation tracker on the other Lucid forum, it looks as if Zenith Red is the second most-chosen color behind Quantum Gray, constituting 20% of the reported choices. Although these are almost uselessly tiny samples, that would suggest that the absence of Zenith Red in the first twelve deliveries means that Zenith Red bodies were not available for the early part of the production queue. (Remember that Zenith Red was added to the Dream Edition choices at the last minute because so many Dream customers were asking for it.)
Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It sounds like their plan is to do the Zenith Red Dreams last that way paint shop can go straight to AGT in same color. Which could put us in a bind since we weren't planning on delivery until June.

If the order of deliveries is somewhat based on color choice, that may influence what color I take. There are several at I am comfortable with, but leaning towards the gray and white…..

I will add that they updated the info on the 20" wheels and they won't be available until Q2 2022, so I switched back to the 21s for now, pending my planned delivery date. No word on that, of course...

This is great news that the production of the GT is proceeding as planned. Let us know what you hear for delivery estimates.

Well, I got my GT order confirmation today. :D

Anyone else get one?
Wow! Great to hear. I’m 4 months of reservations behind you. They are coming

I reserved September 9th, 2020. No word yet on my Grand Touring.

Neurio which state are you located? I'm curious if location will have a big impact on delivery date.

Neurio, what color combination did your order?

I just received my Lucid GT order confirmation. My reservation was Aug 2020. I ordered White with Tahoe interior and 21" wheels but like Neurio I would really like the 20" wheels.

I received my email order confirmation today for the Air GT. My reservation was in June 2020. I ordered Quantum Gray with Santa Cruz interior. There was an option to select the new 20" wheels in the configurator but it did say Q2 of 2022 for that option. I chose the 21" wheels.

Back