Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I just ordered from Short Hills. What did you get and how long did the process take? Love to know more about the wheel mod you made and the PPF and ceramic? What home charging did you install? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I got QG with Mojave and 19 inch wheels. Confirmed 11/16/21. I’m doing Xpel front nose PPF and installed NEMA 14-50 outlet and using the lucid mobile charger. I’ll take a pic of the wheels

I just ordered from Short Hills. What did you get and how long did the process take? Love to know more about the wheel mod you made and the PPF and ceramic? What home charging did you install? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Here is picture of wheels.
403E6B4C-54A8-48A6-BD23-A13545E69F19.jpeg

Attachments

• 56CD8CD0-E800-4FBC-BA4E-6AEFDF87E755.jpeg
    56CD8CD0-E800-4FBC-BA4E-6AEFDF87E755.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 143
For what it's worth, I confirmed on 6/23 and received an email from my DA on 6/25. Scheduled a call on his calendar and spoke on the 28th. Overall, communication was great. Since I'm going with the 19" wheels as well, I mentioned the center cap/lug nut configuration, which he was familiar with and said there was plenty of time to do that, given the production timeline.
What interior/exterior did you choose?

It is absolutely rediculous that a new owner has to spend so much time on a list like that on a new car…..
That was his choice, I would have been way more concerned over extensive damage statement.

Last edited:
When the car was sent to Goose Island, I did not hear from my DA for over a week. After escalating (no response from the DA) with corporate, he called and explained that my delivery will be delayed further due to damage during shipment. The DA did tell me is was extensive but did not provide details. The FA for whatever reason was actually aware of what happened to the car and explained that it was the frunk and that Lucid replaced the entire frunk.
Extensive damage, and you took delivery?

Ugly chart. Drop in Confirms should be a concern for shareholders (not me) ,whereas the drop in VINs are a concern for Confirm holders (me). However, July will be an important month as the company tries to clear its partially finished vehicles, by finally delivering them and issues VINs for the March/April Confirm holders.

Reactions: DJL
I was told to expect my VIN in mid to the end of June. I can see by this chart that there are a lot of us who missed VIN assignments.

I was told to expect my VIN in mid to the end of June. I can see by this chart that there are a lot of us who missed VIN assignments.
Yep...same here. I think our patience will be rewarded soon, and very much hope we get our cars before end of summer. Starting to plan a fall road trip...

Yep...same here. I think our patience will be rewarded soon, and very much hope we get our cars before end of summer. Starting to plan a fall road trip...
That’s what I’m thinking. I was offered a cancellation with specs that don’t work for me, so VIN day must be soon.

That’s what I’m thinking. I was offered a cancellation with specs that don’t work for me, so VIN day must be soon.
Exactly what just happened to me! Apparently there's a Grey / Tahoe with 21" out there that someone cancelled...gonna wait for the Santa Cruz but may take the 21's over the 19's I ordered.

Same here but looking at those in front of me and multipling by 20ish and extrapolating June into July I am now thinking Aug for a VIN (3/29 confirm date).

I was told 5/15 for VIN. In late May, that was later revised to 6/15. In late June, the VIN date was again revised to "maybe mid to late July, based on current factory data that is subject to change." The DA was being cautious in his language due to the previous missed VIN dates for all of his confirm holders. I pressed him on the delivery date, and was told " around Labor Day." Like many members of this forum, I have a summer home. Based on the first two VIN dates, I decided to add Nema 14-50 outlets in both locations. It is now clear that I will not be needing an outlet in my summer home. Lucid buyers have made decisions on financing, PPF appointments, delivery location, and charging port installations relying on delivery guesstimates that have cost them unnecessary money and aggravation. Isn't it comforting to know that a state of the art, automated factory cannot give its customers accurate production info?

Back