Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

This message is for all the lonely, sad, disheartened and disappointed members of the Lucid Air GT forum with a confirmed purchase order for a Zenith Red GT.

I have some good news. As the holder of the oldest confirmed order for a Zenith Red GT (3/2/2022) on the Forum GT tracker without a VIN, I finally received my VIN this morning !! 😍😀☺️😂🤣 I won't reveal my DA's expected delivery date, mainly because of past predictions that never materialized, and I don't want to disappoint any of you Zenith Reds any more than we have already been disappointed. I will keep you posted on the timeline. I guess Lucid finally found that lost delivery truck full of the vats of Zenith Red paint they have been looking for the past two months. LOL! Hope more Zenith Reds start getting their VINs soon!

Funny thing about this though, I had a called lined up with my DA's supervisor yesterday afternoon to discuss my situation 😡😡, but she never called. Then I get my DA's call this morning that my VIN was assigned. Veehhrry Interesting. Food for thought.
Great news. Keep those reds coming ... March 9 confirmation here.

Nope. He extended my delivery time. Should have been early august, but now it’s late Q4 or early Q1 2023.
Well that’s discouraging to hear since I confirmed after you. I’m guessing that of the three cars I have on order (Air GT, Lyriq, 2023 Corvette) that the Air is gonna be the last to show up.

Has anyone heard anything on home charger lately? Have a hole in my garage wall that is awaiting a charger...
Yes, I was told it will be here by the end of July, 2022. 😎

I was holding out but came to the realization that I will probably get my Rivian R1s before Lucid’s charger comes out, so I picked up a ChargePoint. When it comes out, I’ll use the ChargePoint for the Rivian and will use the Lucid charger for my GT.

Nope. He extended my delivery time. Should have been early august, but now it’s late Q4 or early Q1 2023.
Hmm. If my March 28 confirmation winds up shipping after the end of 2022, I may reconsider the purchase. Or switch to 20" rims and call it a win.

Add me to the list of this week’s VINees. I just got a nice call from my DA, who indicates that my car (Quantum Gray, GT, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 15 Dec 2021) is just about to enter general assembly. I got the email with the VIN a few minutes later. He estimates delivery time to the Tyson’s VA location as 2-6 weeks, said that with the new quality control system in place that delivery might well be toward the shorter of this time frame. In response to my query about Lucid Home Connected Charger availability, he said that there’d been a delay from the late July time frame Lucid had earlier expected, but that it would probably be available by the end of this month.

Another Zenith Red, Mojave, 19" aspirant here, ordered in mid-June. I have been only in occasional contact with questions with my DA, Ted, who always reaches back quickly. I've made no queries on dates for a VIN or delivery, since I know it will be a crapshoot, but this week he said I should still be on track for an October/November delivery. .... back to waiting, watching, and learning from all those on the forums who have won their lottery. Congrats to them and enjoy!

I’ve refrained from reaching out to my DA, even though nothing would make me happier than the the bragging rights to owning the first Lucid Air in my neighbourhood.

I’ve decided to adopt a Zen attitude during this time of interminable waiting - the longer I go without hearing from my DA, the happier his news will be when I finally do.

Has anyone heard anything on home charger lately? Have a hole in my garage wall that is awaiting a charger...
My delivery rep when I picked up the car Wednesday said delivery far enough away that "if you are going to drive a lot, consider getting a currently-available level 2 charger in the meantime. But if you're a light driver the level 1 charger can hold you over".

There's also the fact that the new IRA bill re-ups 8911 tax credit for 30% the cost of home chargers, which might spike demand a bit when it goes into effect . . . but you can actually claim the credit for an installation that occured in 2022

Ok guys well it was a xmas today just picked up our new GT and ........what fun this car is ...of to ppf next week and a few custom touches to make it our own and then pics
car delivered 8/19/22
I have to add one big point....Thank You to all at Rivera Beach support Delivery Chip, Kaleem Felipe they took a bad situation and made it happen.. Car is super............Thank You

Brief post — got my GT yesterday. It is everything I hoped it would be. By far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Fit and finish were beautiful. The interior was immaculate. Went for a couple of drives and it has blown me away! Definitely worth the wait.

I haven’t had time to play with everything yet, but the sole disappointment yesterday was the cell phone charger (it doesn’t like my iPhone max, but works with smaller phones). And that is so laughably minor (just going to use a cord), that I could not possibly care less. After seeing Lucid’s product up close and personal and for more than a hot minute, I have no doubt Lucid will work out that issue (and anything else).

To those with pending orders I recommend patience — EV happiness is truly around the corner!

20220820_082421.jpg

And the wait is over ... Picked her up from Seattle SC yday (19th Aug). To recap here is my timeline:
11th Sept 2020: Original Order (when they opened for registrations eons back)
17th Nov 2021: Ready to Order invite
2nd Jun 2022: Order placed (Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 21")
29th Jun: Revised order (Stellar White, Tahoe, 21") due to a cancelation
6th July: VIN (ends in 1975) assigned
29th July: Shipment from factory to Seattle SC. Tentative delivery date: Aug 9th.
3rd August: Arrival into Seattle SC
5th August: Notified of rear window damage & revised delivery 16th August
Aug 15th: DMV p/work from Lucid. FedEx sent back.
Aug 16th: Notified repairs will be completed on 17th.
Aug 17th: Loan disbursement thru' CCFCU (wire transfer) + down payment (Lucid Portal using ACH), done before 1PM PST.
Aug 19th: Pick up from Seattle SC & drove it back home (PDX / Washougal, WA)
Vehicle manufactured June 2022

No panel gaps, etc. Only issue: the driver side passenger shade was not as taut as the other side. SC has recorded it. O/wise A-OK.

Delivery experience (SEA SC) was fantastic. (O/wise Tuesday for home delivery!!!). Summer V, the DA @ Seattle, was great. Lucid threw swag for the delay in delivering the car and got me a rental to SEA. Nice touch.
  • Steering is stiffer than I anticipated; regen (low setting in Smooth) is stronger than has the same torque/velocity as the MS but feels bigger, not as nimble. The car drives likes a ... car. Don't know how to say it.
  • The MS feels like an electric buggy, akin to a golf cart, lighter & nimble.
  • This feels heavy, big - but hit the 'gas' & it responds as well as the MS.
  • Car drives 'smooth'. 21s did not feel any impact or jarring on road surfaces, construction areas, etc ...
  • Quieter, much quieter cabin, than MS
  • More spacious than MS
  • S/W is a HUGE miss. (I did not realize how behind till yday). Now that I have spent over 3+ hours in the car, navigating the UI is cumbersome; maybe I(t) will get better once I play around with it.
  • Love the side camera views.
  • Alexa is nice; but would have liked to see Google (my preference).
  • Took us over 20+ minutes to figure out the BT, key fob range. But got that to work & it works great.
  • S22+ Ultra with a slim case, charges nicely.
Cheers
P.S: Thank you all, in this group, for getting me over the finish line.

Attachments

• 20220819_093521.jpg
    20220819_093521.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 143
  • 20220819_093556.jpg
    20220819_093556.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 144
  • 20220819_093620.jpg
    20220819_093620.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 137
  • 20220819_175623.jpg
    20220819_175623.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 130
  • 20220819_175638.jpg
    20220819_175638.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 131
  • 20220819_175651.jpg
    20220819_175651.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 119
  • Gif 2.gif
    Gif 2.gif
    8.1 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Brief post — got my GT yesterday. It is everything I hoped it would be. By far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Fit and finish were beautiful. The interior was immaculate. Went for a couple of drives and it has blown me away! Definitely worth the wait.

I haven’t had time to play with everything yet, but the sole disappointment yesterday was the cell phone charger (it doesn’t like my iPhone max, but works with smaller phones). And that is so laughably minor (just going to use a cord), that I could not possibly care less. After seeing Lucid’s product up close and personal and for more than a hot minute, I have no doubt Lucid will work out that issue (and anything else).

To those with pending orders I recommend patience — EV happiness is truly around the corner!
Got mine yday as well. My S22 Ultra with a case fits ... with a push.

Congrats.

View attachment 4160

And the wait is over ... Picked her up from Seattle SC yday (19th Aug). To recap here is my timeline:
11th Sept 2020: Original Order (when they opened for registrations eons back)
17th Nov 2021: Ready to Order invite
2nd Jun 2022: Order placed (Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 21")
29th Jun: Revised order (Stellar White, Tahoe, 21") due to a cancelation
6th July: VIN (ends in 1975) assigned
29th July: Shipment from factory to Seattle SC. Tentative delivery date: Aug 9th.
3rd August: Arrival into Seattle SC
5th August: Notified of rear window damage & revised delivery 16th August
Aug 15th: DMV p/work from Lucid. FedEx sent back.
Aug 16th: Notified repairs will be completed on 17th.
Aug 17th: Loan disbursement thru' CCFCU (wire transfer) + down payment (Lucid Portal using ACH), done before 1PM PST.
Aug 19th: Pick up from Seattle SC & drove it back home (PDX / Washougal, WA)
Vehicle manufactured June 2022

No panel gaps, etc. Only issue: the driver side passenger shade was not as taut as the other side. SC has recorded it. O/wise A-OK.

Delivery experience (SEA SC) was fantastic. (O/wise Tuesday for home delivery!!!). Summer V, the DA @ Seattle, was great. Lucid threw swag for the delay in delivering the car and got me a rental to SEA. Nice touch.
  • Steering is stiffer than I anticipated; regen (low setting in Smooth) is stronger than has the same torque/velocity as the MS but feels bigger, not as nimble. The car drives likes a ... car. Don't know how to say it.
  • The MS feels like an electric buggy, akin to a golf cart, lighter & nimble.
  • This feels heavy, big - but hit the 'gas' & it responds as well as the MS.
  • Car drives 'smooth'. 21s did not feel any impact or jarring on road surfaces, construction areas, etc ...
  • Quieter, much quieter cabin, than MS
  • More spacious than MS
  • S/W is a HUGE miss. (I did not realize how behind till yday). Now that I have spent over 3+ hours in the car, navigating the UI is cumbersome; maybe It) will get better once I play around with it.
  • Love the side camera views.
  • Alexa is nice; but would have liked to see Google (my preference).
  • Took us over 20+ minutes to figure out the BT, key fob range. But got that to work & it works great.
  • S22+ Ultra with a slim case, charges nicely.
Cheers
P.S: Thank you all, in this group, for gettinging me over the finish line.
Nice write up please foward case link thanks would love to charge my phone lol

Nice write up please foward case link thanks would love to charge my phone lol
Oh, IPhone max? Stick it in upside down I think someone else mentioned would work or slide it in, push it all the way down, then slightly pull it away from the charger and let it rest back and that might work as well.

Back