Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Thank you for the suggestions. Going ion for an oil change on the 30th may just have the dealer see if they are interested.
I was skeptical, but my local Tesla dealer guys told me to list on FB marketplace. I listed my 2020 M3 LR with 18k miles at $55,900 and got 55k from a dealer in Texas that peruses the listings and makes offers in every state. That was 8k over what I paid. Check it out, but don't expect alot of individuals to contact you - 95% of my contacts were dealers, and I just held firm saying I had no need to sell right away. Wholesalers will take your car and flip it to a dealer for a tiny profit, so if you have time hold your price. You can always Carvana it at the end.

I recently sold a car to CarMax. From the experience, I'm under the impression that the offer is dependent on the salesperson.
I got a higher offer 2 months after the first offer, despite more mileage. Didn't try Carvana or FB.

I recently sold a car to CarMax. From the experience, I'm under the impression that the offer is dependent on the salesperson.
I got a higher offer 2 months after the first offer, despite more mileage. Didn't try Carvana or FB.
I also just sold my Tesla 2021 MYLR via Carmax for 8K over what I paid last year - tried Vroom and Carvana, and they were 5K and 3K lower respectively. The hassle-free aspect was worth a slightly lower gain than a private sale, and my downpayment is ready for whenever my DA says it's my turn in the queue.

Make sure and try all the different avenues. My experience with Carmax was the opposite. I got my highest offer for my BMW M5 from Carvana. I got offers from Carmax, Carvana, KBB, and the local BMW dealer. The BMW dealer was actually just under Carmax with the second highest offer. My BMW rep actually encouraged me to get the Carmax offer and said (quietly and off the record) that they tend to be the highest for these cars for some reason.

So, moral of the story, get multiple quotes.

I sold our Audi A8 by listing it for private sale on CarGurus. It necessitated me meeting with interested parties, but only cost $5 and the car sold in less than 2 weeks, at nearly 40% over KBB.

I sold our Audi A8 by listing it for private sale on CarGurus. It necessitated me meeting with interested parties, but only cost $5 and the car sold in less than 2 weeks, at nearly 40% over KBB.
How did you determine what your asking price for the A8 was going to be?

Besides the exasperating delay, my main concern is that there seems to be no willingness to share with me, now or upon eventual delivery, the specific reason(s) why my vehicle has not made it out of production over 8 weeks after VIN assignment, when clearly other vehicles are making it through to delivery in less time. At this stage that answer cannot be "waiting for inspection" as the Zak letter suggested, as my car has clearly been side-railed from what ever queuing system they are using. And of course, I not only want to know what the issue(s) is(are), but exactly what steps were taken to correct them.
This concern is quite legit, in that the car could have had inccured real damage. Many States have laws that require a new vehicle owner to be notified if their car has been damaged in the process of building or shipping it. Arizona is not one of them. the customer should have the right to turn it down. A car that smaked something on the lot, or fell off a carrier for example and has its unibody or frame twisted will never structurally be the same If not notified the factory can obfuscate the damage with surface repairs. We have seen the break down where Lucid has fixed and repainted cars without notifying the new owner. It is not very classy and I would be worried too.

I just took delivery of my Quantum Grey GT at the Millbrae center. All good.
Congratulations.... Enjoy the car and keep us posted with your experience

Attachments

• Bears Wkshp 07232022 1200.png
    Bears Wkshp 07232022 1200.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
I am disappointed to learn they don't work on Saturdays. I would think that they would at least continue to load and ship cars off the lot. But.... what to I know. Sigh!

Wrapped cars looks to be the same number and spots ... Holding pen has a fewer cars though ...

But still no car haulers ... and therefore no cigars!!!
Well that would explain why my app still says my car is still sitting there likely in the far rights rows based on the zoomed in view on the app. DA did get back to me and was not nearly as optomistic as I had gotten based on the app data. As it has been said, each car has its own journey. 😀

Yeah .. it baffles me trying to figure out their MO .. and I'm stumped...

Between Thursday > Saturday it looks there has been no movement on the wrapped cars. The cars are in the same position, I think, in both the pix. But the holding pen/staging area, does show a decrease, which I don't know how to read. I thought they would want to get these cars to their customers immly/asap & start generating revenue ... There is almost $10MN worth of inventory right there ...

I understand Lucid must be frustrated just as much as we are. How much information do they want to share with us is also a big ask, since everything gets turned around very quickly and the original messaging is lost. Example: If customers are given 'access' to their cars upon VIN assignment, I know everyone will be checking non stop draining the 12V battery system. The DAs are overwhelmed, I'm sure, since they relay what they are told by the production / shipping dept. No point in holding them responsible or pissing them off either, since the meager flow of comm' will also stop.

I'm ready to throw in the towel & give up waiting ... I really thought I would have my car by end July, but with a week to go I'm going from being Lucid (pun intended) to deluded I guess ... :-(

I honestly don't know the right answer. First world problems.

Between Thursday > Saturday it looks there has been no movement on the wrapped cars. The cars are in the same position, I think, in both the pix. But the holding pen/staging area, does show a decrease, which I don't know how to read. I thought they would want to get these cars to their customers immly/asap & start generating revenue ... There is almost $10MN worth of inventory right there ...

I understand Lucid must be frustrated just as much as we are. How much information do they want to share with us is also a big ask, since everything gets turned around very quickly and the original messaging is lost. Example: If customers are given 'access' to their cars upon VIN assignment, I know everyone will be checking non stop draining the 12V battery system. The DAs are overwhelmed, I'm sure, since they relay what they are told by the production / shipping dept. No point in holding them responsible or pissing them off either, since the meager flow of comm' will also stop.

I'm ready to throw in the towel & give up waiting ... I really thought I would have my car by end July, but with a week to go I'm going from being Lucid (pun intended) to deluded I guess ... :-(

I’m pretty sure there is a trucker shortage still which could be why

I’m pretty sure there is a trucker shortage still which could be why
Yeah .. not discounting that either, but I did volunteer to pick my car up @ AZ or CA, whichever works easier for them logistically. Zilch. No response. (BTW I live in PDX and was willing to travel to ease their logistic log-jam). Yeah, I don't know how to read the tea leaves anymore. :)

So you order your car in June and receive a VIN in July and now ready to throw in the towel?

I am disappointed to learn they don't work on Saturdays. I would think that they would at least continue to load and ship cars off the lot. But.... what to I know. Sigh!
This is why Elon is against labor union and nonstop praises Tesla’s Shanghai Gigafactory.

Back