Getting ‘locked’ into car

Yes. As is noted in the manual.
Also, if you have child safety locks on the doors won’t open from the inside unless there is a loss of power.

If the vehicle loses power, you can open every door using the interior door handles.

To open the vehicle from the inside, pull the interior handle to the second detent for the manual door latch to release.

NOTE: Child safety locks will be unavailable in the event of a power loss, even if they were enabled before the vehicle lost power (see Child Safety Locks).

This morning I was taking my kids to the bus stop. I got out with my son and it was drizzling a bit, so my daughter stayed in the car (I thought) because she didn't want to get wet. As the bus started pulling up to the stop, I noticed that she still hadn't gotten out. As I walked towards my car, I noticed that she was frantically tapping the window. I ran over and opened the door - poor kid was crying and kept saying that she was locked in! Fortunately the bus driver waited while she got her stuff and ran over. I think when I walked away from the car, I was out of range of the fob, which may have locked down the car from the inside. Something to keep in the back of your mind if you have young kids.
The car won't lock passengers inside if out of keyfob range. And unless you lock it with the app, it will stay on as it senses passengers in the seat. My wife stays in the car all the time.
My new Pure had a problem last week. I got out of the car, but my passenger could not. I walked over, reach in, and tried it open. That did not work. The handle was out so I tried to pull on that, and it did not work. I tried twice locking and unlocking with the fob. The second time it worked. It has not been a problem since. But I am concerned. Software? Hardware? I don't want to bother Lucid unless it repeats.
It's happened in my GT. Definitely a bug and the passenger will need to pull the latch harder for manual release. But not being able to open it from the outside is truly a bad experience especially if it's a baby and a carseat. Then you need to go all the way around, over the carseat and manually open it yourself and then come around to undo the carseat. It's only happened to me few times. But still wish there was an easier way of opening from the outside. I may actually do a quick valet card reset next time to see if it's easier.
The moral the story is leave the fob in the car if you walk away with someone in the car. Or, if you get locked in, open the door.

Or, just turn off proximity locking all together.
It'll etsy on if a passenger is detected, or it should.

But still wish there was an easier way of opening from the outside. I may actually do a quick valet card reset next time to see if it's easier.
You can unlock it from either the drivers door or the passengers door by pushing in the door handle. I do it all the time.

You can unlock it from either the drivers door or the passengers door by pushing in the door handle. I do it all the time.
I dint understand what you mean. The handles don't work from the outside when the bug occurs and the door won't open. The only way to open it is to pull hard on the latch to open the passenger door.

I dint understand what you mean. The handles don't work from the outside when the bug occurs and the door won't open. The only way to open it is to pull hard on the latch to open the passenger door.
Oh, sorry, I misread the earlier post. I thought it wasn’t unlocking because you’d walked away with the key/phone and it locked, so I suggested just pushing the door handle in.

My bad!

I got locked in my AT yesterday with fob in shirt pocket. Car was awake when I opened the door to enter the garage, so fob battery isn't an issue. I sat down and was pulling the seat belt around when all displays went black and doors locked, with no delay in my process to get into the car. Waved the fob around inside with no luck. I then somehow set off the alarm. Rolling down the window and sticking fob outside didn't help. I tried unlocking the car with phone app, got a now forgotten error and to try again. I had to turn on Bluetooth to unlock with mobile key. I was in a hurry or I would have called CS. I will call next time.

I got locked in my AT yesterday with fob in shirt pocket. Car was awake when I opened the door to enter the garage, so fob battery isn't an issue. I sat down and was pulling the seat belt around when all displays went black and doors locked, with no delay in my process to get into the car. Waved the fob around inside with no luck. I then somehow set off the alarm. Rolling down the window and sticking fob outside didn't help. I tried unlocking the car with phone app, got a now forgotten error and to try again. I had to turn on Bluetooth to unlock with mobile key. I was in a hurry or I would have called CS. I will call next time.

Did you press the brake pedal? I sometimes accidently hit lock as I enter and as soon as I press the pedal it wakes up. Usually it's pressure on the fob in my pocket as I sit but yours was in your shirt packet so less likely that

Did you press the brake pedal? I sometimes accidently hit lock as I enter and as soon as I press the pedal it wakes up.
No. I was locking the seatbelt when it shut down. I'll try all of the suggestions previously stated. Pause button, brake pedal. I even put my fob just below the camera outside on door pillar to unlock, but that didn't work either. I saw a YouTube video showing that will unlock the car even without a battery in the fob.

No. I was locking the seatbelt when it shut down. I'll try all of the suggestions previously stated. Pause button, brake pedal. I even put my fob just below the camera outside on door pillar to unlock, but that didn't work either. I saw a YouTube video showing that will unlock the car even without a battery in the fob.

I wonder if the chest portion of the seat belt hit the fob in your pocket just right to lock it. If so, just step on the brake and it wakes up.

Back