For those considering a 100amp breaker install

No, Probably just a few hours depending on how hot the batteries get during final charging. Here is a chart from a member here showing the charge rate vs. time at the 150kw and 350kw fast chargers he used on the road. In both instances you can see how the charge rate slowed after 80% charge was accomplished. Naturally the level II charger at home will be slower but overnight should fill you up to 100% if the battery is capable. As some have reported even their brand new Airs will not charge to 100%. Hopefully someone with real electrical/mathematical knowledge will chime in with accurate data for you.

Attachments

• 3CEC3591-9225-4FCC-A5F4-B3C552F27CE6.jpeg
    3CEC3591-9225-4FCC-A5F4-B3C552F27CE6.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 96
if I use the 40A solution how long would it take to go from 80% up to 100% on a 756V Pure? I think that might determine for me whether I get their charging station. And of course bi-directional power.
Pure, Touring and GT will all get about 9kW from the 40A charger. At this current, it is doubtful that the smaller battery will be thermally limited. Hence, all will take the full 9kW. Since 20% of 88kWHr is 17.6 kWHr and 20% of 112 kWhr is 22.4 kWhr, the smaller battery may be faster.

I still think the real question is how miles of range can you add in a given amount of time which will depend on the efficiency of the Touring and Pure compared to the GT.

No, Probably just a few hours depending on how hot the batteries get during final charging. Here is a chart from a member here showing the charge rate vs. time at the 150kw and 350kw fast chargers he used on the road. In both instances you can see how the charge rate slowed after 80% charge was accomplished. Naturally the level II charger at home will be slower but overnight should fill you up to 100% if the battery is capable. As some have reported even their brand new Airs will not charge to 100%. Hopefully someone with real electrical/mathematical knowledge will chime in with accurate data for you.
Everyone can charge to 100%, it just doesn't show the max mileage. But that's most likely a factor of their range estimation software

Wether at home over night or using a fast charger on the road, setting the charge to 100%, the car usually tops out at 97/98%. With 97% being most common for me. I usually charge to 80% and it always hits 80% given enough time.

Back