Flyover image July 11

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Who thinks this is a good sign? Over 250 cars waiting for some part(s) and about 25 ready to ship.

Attachments

• 504C484F-10C9-4F05-81C3-9882F8194383.jpeg
    504C484F-10C9-4F05-81C3-9882F8194383.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 136
Who thinks this is a good sign? Over 250 cars waiting for some part(s) and about 25 ready to ship.
It'd be a better sign if it was reversed...

Do we have any idea what exactly they are waiting for?

It does seem like deliveries have picked up. I’ve said this before, when they confirm the first Tourings, that is when Lucid believes the backup has been cleared out. They are still quoting 5 months on new GT confirmations. Expect to hear Touring confirmations this month before the Q2 earnings calll with deliveries in Q4 (Dec)

Do we have any idea what exactly they are waiting for?
Never specifics, just “fit and finish.” The service center said carpet and glass when I picked up, but I doubt that is the reason now. That excuse was back in February on the Q1 call.. they also said back then that supply chain was expected to be solved by June.

Could be worse. GM had 90,000 built cars sitting in lots waiting for missing chips

Looks like closer to 50 ready to ship. I’m slightly encouraged.

Looks like closer to 50 ready to ship. I’m slightly encouraged.
It seems like deliveries have picked up based on the number of people on this forum saying that they are receiving their cars. Flow was very constricted in June and the wrapped lot had been pretty much empty. It is now getting more cars in it. I assume, since we have seen haulers, that they are going out about as quickly as they are wrapped.

Wonder how many cars are under that tent as well...

I think once you get a VIN, they won't offer you a cancellation of a car that already went through PDI. I think the next batch of VINS will go to a lot of us...

My guess the tent is where they are doing the PDI, since they moved it to the factory instead of the service centers. The tent went up at the time they made the change.

Back