Floor mats!

3D came by today to review fitment of the GT/DE mats on my Touring. As expected, the fronts fit perfectly (didn't take pics as they are no different than others have posted); however, as I suspected, the rear did not fit correctly. He scanned the rear area and will be sending the data off to the engineering team, the timing of the updated rear mat is unknown until his team puts it into the development queue. I did reinforce that there are many Touring and Pure's here waiting for their solution, he said he will see if the team can rush development. Trunk and trunk has already been scanned, but he didn't have a timeline for those to provide. I'll be getting the gray mats as IMHO they look best with the front seats in the Santa Cruz color combo.

In the meantime, if you REALLY must have a mat ASAP, the rear does fit good enough to give ample protection, but it does pucker in a few places and is loose over the center hump as the hump in the Touring is smaller in width than the GT/DE. I've attached a picture so you can make the decision for yourself.
Thanks! I thought the fit is gonna be much worse on the rear. Can probably slice an inch off those two bumps from the misfit and won't be noticeable. How bad is the hump in the middle? I can probably put stuff under to fill the gap.

Once the Touring/Pure becomes available I'll order the grey. Mojave front is black so black mats there and then grey on the rear. I'll have spare when washing/drying the other or when I feel like having different color.

Thanks! I thought the fit is gonna be much worse on the rear. Can probably slice an inch off those two bumps from the misfit and won't be noticeable. How bad is the hump in the middle? I can probably put stuff under to fill the gap.
TBH, I'd just leave the mat as is. I think you could fiddle with the position to reduce the edge puckers. As for the hump, it really isn't a big deal. You can feel the space if you push on it, but would never know just by looking at it. I'd say the rear is definitely "good 'enuf" if you need immediate protection. I'll be sporting my MotorTrend mat until the rear becomes available. He said that once he gets a trial run sample, that we'll do another fitment test, I'll post those results but I'd expect it won't be for another few months or so.

TBH, I'd just leave the mat as is. I think you could fiddle with the position to reduce the edge puckers. As for the hump, it really isn't a big deal. You can feel the space if you push on it, but would never know just by looking at it. I'd say the rear is definitely "good 'enuf" if you need immediate protection. I'll be sporting my MotorTrend mat until the rear becomes available. He said that once he gets a trial run sample, that we'll do another fitment test, I'll post those results but I'd expect it won't be for another few months or so.

I bought the same 3D mats because I didn't want to wait. I took an old hand towel and folded it to the same size as the hump and placed it under the mat. Looks like it was made for the space. Just an idea !

3D came by today to review fitment of the GT/DE mats on my Touring. As expected, the fronts fit perfectly (didn't take pics as they are no different than others have posted); however, as I suspected, the rear did not fit correctly. He scanned the rear area and will be sending the data off to the engineering team, the timing of the updated rear mat is unknown until his team puts it into the development queue. I did reinforce that there are many Touring and Pure's here waiting for their solution, he said he will see if the team can rush development. Trunk and trunk has already been scanned, but he didn't have a timeline for those to provide. I'll be getting the gray mats as IMHO they look best with the front seats in the Santa Cruz color combo.

In the meantime, if you REALLY must have a mat ASAP, the rear does fit good enough to give ample protection, but it does pucker in a few places and is loose over the center hump as the hump in the Touring is smaller in width than the GT/DE. I've attached a picture so you can make the decision for yourself.
For the front mats, did the velcro tabs line up? In the GT it only makes contact with about 1/2 of the velcro.

For the front mats, did the velcro tabs line up? In the GT it only makes contact with about 1/2 of the velcro.
I did not confirm that ... but they seemed to be in there OK and didn't slide, but the real test is once I get a set for myself and use on a daily basis.

Here's a pic where I try to show how much is touching.

PXL_20230209_235246517.jpg

Mine line up pretty good, I would say each disc is roughly 85% on. Mats don't slide around at all.

Looks pretty decent to me but how does it look to you subjectively? Do you feel this looks better than black would?

Thanks for posting, I was curious which one to (eventually) choose for my Mojave interior.

Looks pretty decent to me but how does it look to you subjectively? Do you feel this looks better than black would?

Thanks for posting, I was curious which one to (eventually) choose for my Mojave interior.
I have Mojave and went with the gray rather than black and am happy with the choice since the color match is almost perfect.

I agree with @Unmutual - the gray color is pretty darn close to the Mojave carpet color. I'll have to see it in bright sunshine to be sure, but it definitely looks better than black would IMO.

Looks great. My gray mats will be delivered next week. Now I know how perfect they will be. Really like the pricing. Thank you to the forum members for all the work they put in to get 3D to fabricate them for us.

I received my 3D mats yesterday and am very happy with how they look.

I did find one interesting feature. Someone complained here that their genuine Lucid mats had rivets holding the Lucid logo on and those rivets had rusted, leaving stains on the carpet. The 3D mats also have a logo riveted on. There's a rectangle of felt glued to the back covering those rivets. So 3D has protected their mats against this failure.

I received my 3D mats yesterday and am very happy with how they look.

I did find one interesting feature. Someone complained here that their genuine Lucid mats had rivets holding the Lucid logo on and those rivets had rusted, leaving stains on the carpet. The 3D mats also have a logo riveted on. There's a rectangle of felt glued to the back covering those rivets. So 3D has protected their mats against this failure.
It seems that those Lucid mats were replaced, and that issue hasn’t been reported by anyone else, for what it’s worth.

I got the Lucid mats in Nov. and the fasteners corroded and stained my Santa Cruz carpets. Aside from the faulty fastener design, the OEM mats do not cover enough of the carpet either in the front or the back, as previously noted in another of my posts. Today I received the 3D grey mats and the color coordination with my interior is much better than the Lucid mats, plus they cover more of the carpets and the dead pedal, which the OEM mats do not. The 3D grey mat color coordinates with the front seat leather perfectly as well as the Alcantara on the doors. To say that they color match is not far off. The other problem with the OEM mats is that they scratched easily and are difficult to clean. Sorry to have to report this on an otherwise beautifully designed and engineered car.

Today, for the first time, I took our portable Bissell carpet machine (filled with Bissell Oxyclean solution) to our off-white Santa Monica floor mats.

Although we don't have to deal with snow and winter muck in Florida, we do have to deal with heavy rains that sometimes leave a blackish oil emulsion on parking lot surfaces. Consequently, the floor mats were getting a bit dingy. Our car has almost 16,000 miles on it, and I've never used Scotchgard or any other protectant on the mats. We have rear seat passengers in the car at least twice a week and a front passenger more often than not, so all the mats see a good bit of traffic.

I love the light vibe the floor mats bring to the interior but was worried that they would not keep their good looks very long. That worry is pretty much by the boards now.

Here is the front floor mat after the shampoo. (That tan plug is an anchor that secures the mat in place, as the Lucid system is not up to the task.)

IMG_1558.jpg

Here is the rear floor mat after the shampoo:

IMG_1555.jpg

Back