First recorded 60-130 pull. 32 degrees out.

This is the route I assume most Lucid owners take from Philly to DC to enjoy their car, am I correct?
View attachment 19132
The real question is "what would that 114 hours really be?

I would love to know what the 1)actual drive time would be 2) what the drive plus charge time would be and then the same for, say a BMW M5, M8 (or Alpina B5/B7/B8) or similar S-Class with gas stops.

Could someone (if you can that is) please tell me if at WOT (wide open throttle) at 100% SOC (state of charge) how long the Lucid Air Sapphire produces it's maximum quoted horsepower and torque figures?

Thanks.

Tech talk on the Drive Unit Motor.
The electric motor has a torque curve that is flat, but at some RPM it will start to drop.

So the car is going to accelerate to a point where the torque is going down as the RPMs go up. Heat will be the enemy and at some point the car will reduce power to protect itself.

Perhaps a good follow up question is "What is the drag limited top speed of the Sapphire and how long could it maintain that speed?"

Demons are actual crap on the road and on the drag strip without intense prep, so not shocked. In addition, one can haul 5 passengers and do 0-60 only 3 tenths slower on the road while the Demon needs a naval license to drive (if you know about Dodge's being boats, that should make sense) and do 0-60 in 3.4 on the road!

We had a Dodge Challenger R/T blah blah blah spin up its motors on the interstate cruising beside us at a speed I won't share. By the time I realized the racket and intention, the car had an easy half second start.

We were in Smooth mode. My wife immediately went no as we started to pull away despite the headstart. It was over as fast as it started. Oh well...

The Dodge muscle cars are quick, but the spin up time and unwieldy nature are a solid pass. One nearly rear ended our first Lucid many, many months ago when I passed it. That was the scariest thing I've seen. The guy fishtailing in my rearview mirror as his speed likely peaked over 100mph+ before recovering just in time to pass "safely".

Demons are actual crap on the road and on the drag strip without intense prep, so not shocked. In addition, one can haul 5 passengers and do 0-60 only 3 tenths slower on the road while the Demon needs a naval license to drive (if you know about Dodge's being boats, that should make sense) and do 0-60 in 3.4 on the road!
That Demon 170 is supposed to be able to do 0-60 in 1.6?

It’s SUPPOSED to… but on the road, like all other challengers, it cannot hook properly. Sure, on a drag strip if you do a water box burn out, use the trans brake, etc, it MIGHT be able to get in the 8s and a 1.66 0 60 (even on the strip, it hasn’t been proven that’s possible). However, in the real world, it is slow as crap. Even a M3P would beat it.. (not through the quarter mile, though… although the upcoming trimotor p probably could).

It’s SUPPOSED to… but on the road, like all other challengers, it cannot hook properly. Sure, on a drag strip if you do a water box burn out, use the trans brake, etc, it MIGHT be able to get in the 8s and a 1.66 0 60 (even on the strip, it hasn’t been proven that’s possible). However, in the real world, it is slow as crap. Even a M3P would beat it.. (not through the quarter mile, though… although the upcoming trimotor p probably could).

I read the article. That car is really for a drag strip only and only when PERFECT conditions are applied. But, it's cheap.

Lol, that's achievable under two SUPER perfect conditions, which are...very deep and long downhill.
Hurricane winds blowing the wind in the same direction and of course huge mainsail attached to the roof :)

Tech talk on the Drive Unit Motor.
The electric motor has a torque curve that is flat, but at some RPM it will start to drop.

So the car is going to accelerate to a point where the torque is going down as the RPMs go up. Heat will be the enemy and at some point the car will reduce power to protect itself.

Perhaps a good follow up question is "What is the drag limited top speed of the Sapphire and how long could it maintain that speed?"
Most excellent question. Lucid, are you monitoring this thread?

This entire statement is why the Sapphire is the perfect car. 💙🔥
If you allow, let me finish the sentence for you. :)
"This entire statement is why the Sapphire is the perfect car to deliver the dinner while still hot." (the dinner I meant).

Meanwhile, in the Sapphire I clocked a 0-60 of 2.1 seconds with 1 foot rollout on the street on the way to pick up dinner 🤣. Car is ridiculous

Wait a minute 2.1 including rollout so 1.9 or plus rollout at 2.3 seconds? Either way incredible!

What about 0-100MPH? ;)

If you allow, let me finish the sentence for you. :)
"This entire statement is why the Sapphire is the perfect car to deliver the dinner while still hot." (the dinner I meant).
I think we’ve just found Dominos’ new fleet car!
This entire statement is why the Sapphire is the perfect car. 💙🔥
You can drop your kids off to school, take a road trip with plenty of cargo and only charge once, flex in front of strangers at rodeo drive who remark at the beauty, take it to the track, AND beat 99.9 percent of existing cars at the drag strip. What an amazing time we live in.

Could someone (if you can that is) please tell me if at WOT (wide open throttle) at 100% SOC (state of charge) how long the Lucid Air Sapphire produces it's maximum quoted horsepower and torque figures?

I thought about this and if you accelerated to the cars top speed. Let’s say that is 240 mph. At 240mph my swag is it would take about 5.7 kWh per mile. Giving you a range a ~20 miles so you would be done in 5 minutes. The battery pack would light on fire at this discharge rate.

We need some serious space to see how long the car can maintain 240mph before it cuts power.

Have far would you end up going and what average speed if you could hold the accelerator to the floor until the car stopped?

Back