First (?) Lucid Fire

I will say it is clear my blog post caused a lot of confusion, that was unintended and I am sorry. I deleted the tweet but removing the blog post now doesn't help at this point, I did clarify the blog post a bit more.

I am sorry and I will do better next time. :(

You might just want to delete the part about the pictures of the truck before the fire. They’re not the same truck, and the truck “before the fire” doesn’t even have a Lucid on it. You don’t want to be known as a Lucid expert who can’t identify a Lucid.

You posted a transporter photo and asserted that there is a white Lucid Air on it. It’s just weird that a publication called “Lucid Insider” would identify the white sedan in the picture as a Lucid Air

Separately the random transporter photo in question has absolutely zero to do with the Lucid fire in MA as several people have pointed out.

Great minds think alike!

I wonder why no one has picked up this "news" and run with it. Possibly looking for confirmation before publishing?

I honestly thought I'd wake up to all the usual auto websites talking about this. Where are those lurky journalists anyway?

I wonder why no one has picked up this "news" and run with it. Possibly looking for confirmation before publishing?

I honestly thought I'd wake up to all the usual auto websites talking about this. Where are those lurky journalists anyway?
Because if you report the wrong thing before any facts are out there, expect to get blacklisted?

I did ask Lucid for a statement several times in the past 24+ hours. So far, no word. I doubt they will comment.

We need more information what exactly happened.
If there were non Lucid cars in the Transporter, apparently it was not a Lucid Motors Transporter.
Few Transporter have been on fire recently because of Transporter problems rather than the vehicles it was transporting.
When everything is so charred up, it may be impossible to find where the fire started, after the fact.
If there is any witness before the actual fire started, it could be some help.
We need to calm down and wait for any further information.
My personal opinion, if it is any worth, I feel the fire on Lucid is probably secondary caused by other fire.

Last edited:
Greetings all. I wanted to provide some info on this. We are aware of an incident that occurred this past weekend near Bridgewater, MA involving a truck transporting a Lucid Air. Based on the initial information we've received, the fire originated in the engine compartment of the truck during transport. Local authorities have not yet released their report of the event.

Greetings all. I wanted to provide some info on this. We are aware of an incident that occurred this past weekend near Bridgewater, MA involving a truck transporting a Lucid Air. Based on the initial information we've received, the fire originated in the engine compartment of the truck during transport. Local authorities have not yet released their report of the event.

Watch A Truck Loaded With C8 Corvettes Go Up In Flames​

A video posted on the C8 Corvette Owners (And Friends) Facebook page shows the horror of an entire truck of C8s smoldering under a dark Tennessee sky. You can watch it below. There’s some understandably choice language here, so be warned if you’ve got the volume cranked at work:

External link
This Jack Cooper auto hauler was carrying these Corvettes from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant to the outskirts of Nashville when they went up in flames, Corvette Blogger reports. It also notes that these haulers can carry up to 10 cars at a time, so if this thing was packed to the gills and every car was deemed a loss, then this fire could have cost General Motors anywhere between $750,000 and $1 million — and that’s not even taking into consideration the cost of the truck itself.

Holy, THANK YOU for responding here Len!

Follow-up article detailing the event via the official report confirming the transport truck engine compartment as the origin.
Thanks Mike, it’s unfortunate EV haters are impervious to facts, judging by the comments in the Highway to Hell Facebook page that posted this story.

yeesh, 8,000 gallons of water...

I wonder if this is the car?

“Repairable” 😂

Attachments

• BCFFE2E3-683A-4A8B-B4BD-2E226D8C81DA.jpeg
    BCFFE2E3-683A-4A8B-B4BD-2E226D8C81DA.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 121
I wonder if this is the car?

“Repairable” 😂
Yeah it says Massachusetts so I think that’s the one that did not ignite on its own but rather caught on fire because the gas powered carrier that was hauling it caught on fire in a parking lot.

Back