First (?) Lucid Fire

And yes, the closest repair facility until Natick opens up in September is in Chicago. Isn’t early adoption fun?
I live in Chicago so no issue for me.

My decision hold up was first the white interiors in the DE

Now I am kind of watching and waiting, thinking about the high power vs regular GT

Only 59 more to catch up to the competition.
Unfortunately this is what America thinks of EVs if you read various comment threads, thanks to a few over-publicized Tesla fires and GM/LG royally messing things up for everyone with the Bolt fiasco and now everyone who drives a 14mpg monster truck and whines about gas prices has an opinion about how they’re gonna be forced to buy an EV and it will then burn down their house. I’m not even exaggerating, so many people think that. Meanwhile ICE cars are more than 10x more likely to catch fire.

Back in the real world though, the DE I thought had Samsung battery cells, all other Lucid lines have LG, and last time I looked into it Samsung EV battery cells had not had thermal runaway issues.

Reactions: c^2
Unfortunately this is what America thinks of EVs if you read various comment threads, thanks to a few over-publicized Tesla fires and GM/LG royally messing things up for everyone with the Bolt fiasco and now everyone who drives a 14mpg monster truck and whines about gas prices has an opinion about how they’re gonna be forced to buy an EV and it will then burn down their house. I’m not even exaggerating, so many people think that. Meanwhile ICE cars are more than 10x more likely to catch fire.

Back in the real world though, the DE I thought had Samsung battery cells, all other Lucid lines have LG, and last time I looked into it Samsung EV battery cells had not had thermal runaway issues.
Except that whole note 7 thing..*cough*

Yeah, while I wish that wasn't a Lucid, that doesn't mean it wasn't a Lucid, and it's a bad look to go posting easily refutable things and then link them to this forum. Those are definitely DE 21" wheels. The other car carrier that burned was never claimed to be the same fire. In terms of what caught fire first, truck or car, I don't think anybody is gonna have that answer right away but I don't see how anyone can argue that melted skeleton is not a Lucid given the tell-tale wheels.

Crazy how quickly misinformation spreads

Quotes from this thread

Barry Schwartz... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The Wheel look like 21" Dream Edition.
However, Lucid Motors transport their own cars, usually five in an enclosed transporter. If there were other brand cars with Lucid, it is not Lucid Motors transporter. It has to be a private transport of already sold Lucid from the previous owner to the person it was sold, likely.
If all the cars were on fire, no one knows where the fire started. From Transporter Tire or any other car. For sure it is hard to extinguish EV fire, but it could be a secondary fire on Lucid. No one for sure knows as of yet.
Hope the details show up soon. I personally hard to believe the fire primarily started from Lucid Air. We will wait and see for further information.

Glad we have experts at “Lucid Insider” to help accurately identify what a real Lucid looks like

Attachments

• E65519D2-A2F4-4130-BE53-E2501F288326.jpeg
    E65519D2-A2F4-4130-BE53-E2501F288326.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 213
Glad we have experts at “Lucid Insider” to help accurately identify what a real Lucid looks like
Man this kind of stuff really chaps my ass. It's far more admirable to admit an error rather than to double down and plunge headfirst into obfuscation. And now what's gonna happen is EV haters will say "hey look those Lucid fanboys are making crap up to make it look like it wasn't their car, they're just like Tesla Stans".

“Lucid Insider”. Parents shouldn’t really let their uninformed children write blogs like that. Just embarrassing for them.

Barry Schwartz... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I am so sorry for disappointing. I thought I posted this blog post as a question, as this is what the Facebook post said, we don't have confirmation. I did not post it as FACT, I repeatedly said this is a rumor and unconfirmed.

I will say it is clear my blog post caused a lot of confusion, that was unintended and I am sorry. I deleted the tweet but removing the blog post now doesn't help at this point, I did clarify the blog post a bit more.

I am sorry and I will do better next time. :(

I will say it is clear my blog post caused a lot of confusion, that was unintended and I am sorry. I deleted the tweet but removing the blog post now doesn't help at this point, I did clarify the blog post a bit more.

I am sorry and I will do better next time. :(

I think since this is our first confirmed Lucid fire, we are all scrambling into defense/defensive mode. This was bound to happen, whether Lucid was the cause or not. Bad PR happens, it'll blow over fast. I'm not too worried about the Tesla community holding this over on us given the numerous Tesla-related fires that have happened.

Why did you selectively share that piece of the story when I wrote this directly under it?
You posted a transporter photo and asserted that there is a white Lucid Air on it. It’s just weird that a publication called “Lucid Insider” would identify the white sedan in the picture as a Lucid Air

Separately the random transporter photo in question has absolutely zero to do with the Lucid fire in MA as several people have pointed out.

Back