First (?) Lucid Fire

It would be kind of crappy if it was #520...

Just a theory and based on nothing but there is a DE on Cape Cod and this occurred on the highway from Boston to the Cape. I wonder if this was a DE being sent in for repair to Goose Island.

Just a theory and based on nothing but there is a DE on Cape Cod and this occurred on the highway from Boston to the Cape. I wonder if this was a DE being sent in for repair to Goose Island.
The closest repair facility to Boston is in Chicago at this point?

Clearly, it did not start the fire. Looks like a white one.

Attachments

• Lucid Burn .jpg
    Lucid Burn .jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 317
Why do you say it did not start the fire? What leads you to that conclusion?
open the photo I posted. See the three cars in the back burning? the fire started at the rear of the truck.

"Trooper Stephen Whiting of the North Carolina Highway Patrol said the car hauler, operated by Autobahn Transport, was traveling west on Interstate 40. Shortly after 9 a.m., the driver told troopers, he heard a noise and felt a vibration in the trailer. When the driver checked his mirrors, Whiting said, he saw smoke around the rear of the trailer."

Attachments

• Lucid Burn 2.jpg
    Lucid Burn 2.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 215
Are we sure that's the same car carrier? If so, I agree which would be a relief (at least to my wife) who I made the mistake of showing the picture to.
I think I read it was an enclosed trailer. This looks very different

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650822406302.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650822406302.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 118
open the photo I posted. See the three cars in the back burning? the fire started at the rear of the truck.

"Trooper Stephen Whiting of the North Carolina Highway Patrol said the car hauler, operated by Autobahn Transport, was traveling west on Interstate 40. Shortly after 9 a.m., the driver told troopers, he heard a noise and felt a vibration in the trailer. When the driver checked his mirrors, Whiting said, he saw smoke around the rear of the trailer."
Ok that's got to be a different incident. This one happened in Bridgewater Massachusetts

Those are two completely separate incidents. No lucid in the car carrier truck one, that was posted as an example of how car carriers can catch fire without an EV on board. The Lucid fire is a completely different event and truck. It may very well have been the car since it was a rest stop where it happened (they had a Burger King/mobile/Dunkin’ donuts in one of the pics), unlikely there’d be a truck tire blowout with sparks leading to fire in the back of a rest stop? Might have been a stopover for a delivery or a return for maintenance.

And yes, the closest repair facility until Natick opens up in September is in Chicago. Isn’t early adoption fun?

Only 59 more to catch up to the competition.

Back