• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Financing options

Lucid has most definitely applied the $7500 tax credit to the purchase price of their vehicles in the past.
Only on a lease. They have never done it for a purchase; they can’t, as they don’t even know whether someone would be eligible for the full credit or not.

Thanks for your comment. Did you apply directly with BofA, or through Lucid, and how long did you have to wait? I applied through Lucid Financing almost a week ago, and I haven’t heard anything.
Applied through Lucid and they took a few days. It also depends on whether you have a scheduled delivery. The sales advisor pushed the loan app along to get it over the finish line.

Applied through Lucid and they took a few days. It also depends on whether you have a scheduled delivery. The sales advisor pushed the loan app along to get it over the finish line.

Thanks again. Turns out Lucid Financial never received my application. I was told to re apply. I did. This time it went through successfully because I got an email confirming their receipt of my application as well as an application number, two things that didn’t happen when I first applied last week.

My DA has also asked for my application number with the view to shepherding things along at Lucid Financial.

I juat had Consumers Credit Union over night the payment check for my GT. The rate was 3.49% for 60 months. The rate did jump up 0.5% today, so it is now 4.09%. Whew! That was cutting it close....

I have applied via Lucid BOA called me up and telling me APR 5.24% for 72 months. Looks crazy my credit score was more than 800. Any thought how to get good interest rate. Waiting for local credit union's approval.

I have applied via Lucid BOA called me up and telling me APR 5.24% for 72 months. Looks crazy my credit score was more than 800. Any thought how to get good interest rate. Waiting for local credit union's approval.
Consumer's Credit Union just went up to 4.09% today. Also, another poster said a credit union in North Caroline had an interest rate of 3.25%.

Rates are going up & your best bet is to hunt.

Credit Unions usually have the best rates. Or your local bank may have a relationship discount.

CCFCU, Kinecta are the ones I have used in the past. They both had excellent rates.

Good luck.

We got 4.16% on 72 months over the weekend via Lucid BoA....

Consumer's Credit Union just went up to 4.09% today. Also, another poster said a credit union in North Caroline had an interest rate of 3.25%.
Carolina metro FCU is 2.99% for 60 mon., 3.25% for 72 mon. Anyone can get it by joining the NC Consumers Council for $20.

Perhaps debt to income ratio played a part, that seems a bit high

We got 4.16% on 72 months over the weekend via Lucid BoA....
Yesterday I have done separate application with BOA directly not via lucid and got 3.99%. for 72 months. This rate is valid for only 30 days. I have BOA gold customer status.

Credit unions seem to be the best place for financing. Here were my options:
1. Lucid/BOA - go quoted at 4.54%
2. BOA alone - 4.04%
3. CapCom Credit Union - 60 mos. @ 3.24% and 72 mos. @ 3.49%
4. TCTFCU - 60 mos. @ 2.75% and 2.99% for 72 mos.

I obviously went with TCTFCU.

Credit unions seem to be the best place for financing. Here were my options:
1. Lucid/BOA - go quoted at 4.54%
2. BOA alone - 4.04%
3. CapCom Credit Union - 60 mos. @ 3.24% and 72 mos. @ 3.49%
4. TCTFCU - 60 mos. @ 2.75% and 2.99% for 72 mos.

I obviously went with TCTFCU.
That certainly used to be the case -- not sure what changed, because we looked to our credit union (which we have financed multiple vehicles through) and they were quoting an eye-watering 6.97% .... (got 4.1 from Lucid Finance)

I am in Houston TX
Check out GEFCU - open only to TX residents. You can get membership by joining Friends of Austin Public Library if you aren't a government employee..
0-36 months....as low as 1.99% A.P.R.

37-48 months....as low as 2.09% A.P.R.

49-60 months....as low as 2.19% A.P.R.

61-72 months....as low as 2.29% A.P.R.

73-84 months....as low as 3.49% A.P.R.

I asked if I could join but basically, they said we don't want no stinkin' californians

Check out GEFCU - open only to TX residents. You can get membership by joining Friends of Austin Public Library if you aren't a government employee..

I asked if I could join but basically, they said we don't want no stinkin' californians
Thank you. Need to find out somebody who can help me to open an account and apply for a loan.

Here's another option for University of CA or CSU alumni and residents of certain counties in CA: USECU
  • Everyone who lives, works, or worships in the California counties of Alameda, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara, or Yolo.
  • Every employee of the State of California, including all its administrative offices.
  • Every employee, retiree, student or alumnus of the University of California and California State University system.
  • Every employee and member of a Select Employee Group (SEG).
  • Immediate family of a USE Credit Union member or persons living in the same residence with a member and maintaining a single economic unit.
Up to 24 months1.74%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook
Up to 36 months1.84%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook
Up to 48 months2.34%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook
Up to 60 months2.44%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook
Up to 72 months2.64%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook
Up to 84 months3.64%Up to 130% of Vehicle's Base Invoice or Retail Kelly Bluebook

I applied at California CU/North Island CU and they said they have to check if they can work with Lucid since they are a new manufacturer. It's been 4 business days with no decision on their part. Applied at USECU today and the guy that took my app over the phone said they just processed an app for a Lucid so at least this isn't the first for them.

Except EEEEHHLOHHHHN!!!

Back