Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Has anyone else noticed the problem of the door handles not presenting getting progressively worse? Mine were never great but now it’s like an evil gremlin took up residence in the car just to torture me with repeatedly presenting the handles only to have them snap back in. Or, just simply ignoring my approaching presence. Ignoring my using the key fob to have the handles present. All of this annoying car behavior was not good when I took delivery Dec 31, 2021, and has only gotten far worse. Are upgrades making it worse? If so, why don’t they fix this bug??
Yes. Also, often as i approach the car from the front, having the fob in my pants right pocket (dont even have app installed on cell) walk by the drivers' side of the car to the rear to open the trunk by means of pressing the button on the lid, it doesnt open. It occurs very often when im in a public parking lot. A pain is when i carry grocery bags and have my hands full. To solve it, i then walk back to the drivers' door and wait until the door handle presents and then back to the trunk and press the button and it opens.

Has anyone else noticed the problem of the door handles not presenting getting progressively worse? Mine were never great but now it’s like an evil gremlin took up residence in the car just to torture me with repeatedly presenting the handles only to have them snap back in. Or, just simply ignoring my approaching presence. Ignoring my using the key fob to have the handles present. All of this annoying car behavior was not good when I took delivery Dec 31, 2021, and has only gotten far worse. Are upgrades making it worse? If so, why don’t they fix this bug??
Hey, Goldilocks here. Door handles present every time at the right time. Not too far away, not too late, just right.
@peacenow0, this would seem more like a topic for service than feedback and improvements.

Casual observation, the mods seem to have the best cars with the fewest issues.

At first I'd think the newer production cars would have the fewest issues, but who knows?

At first I'd think the newer production cars would have the fewest issues, but who knows?
I'm in that latter class, new production car with fewest issues. I'd apply to get a Moderator sticker, but those guys work too hard.

Of our four most recent cars -- 2015 Model S, 2018 Honda Odyssey, 2021 Model S Plaid, 2022 Lucid Air -- the only recurrent issue all four have had in common is malfunctioning key fobs.

I do not believe it is a technology ready for prime time in automotive applications.

The number of embarrassing events Lucid has exposed itself to with prominent automotive journalists due to the inability to get into the cars consistently is simply mind-boggling.

Of our four most recent cars -- 2015 Model S, 2018 Honda Odyssey, 2021 Model S Plaid, 2022 Lucid Air -- the only recurrent issue all four have had in common is malfunctioning key fobs.

I do not believe it is a technology ready for prime time in automotive applications.

The number of embarrassing events Lucid has exposed itself to with prominent automotive journalists due to the inability to get into the cars consistently is simply mind-boggling.
That's strange, aside from my 2017 MS, I've had zero issues with the fobs on my I-Pace, e-Tron or i4...and I use no other means of entry or exit.

Lol are you sure about that? @borski had his HV battery and wunderbox replaced I've had 8 service visits, and I'm fairly certain @Bobby knows Frank (the SD tech) better than some of his family at this point.

Lol are you sure about that? @borski had his HV battery and wunderbox replaced I've had 8 service visits, and I'm fairly certain @Bobby knows Frank (the SD tech) better than some of his family at this point.
My car has never let me down but I have been in the service center 10 times. Not problem free, but all issues quickly taken care by my service center.

Fix and/or easily set/delete Distracted Driver and Lane-drift warnings.
The 2 Screen displays confusing and duplicatative/identical.
ALso— No idea if/where Lucid tells us content of software updates— did I see a mention in Forum that charge scheduling was added —is it true?

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous post I’ve seen in a while. Do you somehow think that moderators get better cars? I’ve had service at my house seven times. This car has had more issues and all my other cars combined, but my service experience has been fantastic. All of my little issues disappear in my mind when I drive it because it is such a excellent driver’s car, and I have had many highly regarded driver’s cars. I also keep the proper perspective: this is a new product from a new company and little issues should be expected, regardless of price point. I went into this vehicle with my eyes open, did my due diligence, and picked my poison. If I wanted less issues, I would’ve bought a Camry.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous post I’ve seen in a while. Do you somehow think that moderators get better cars? I’ve had service at my house seven times. This car has had more issues and all my other cars combined, but my service experience has been fantastic. All of my little issues disappear in my mind when I drive it because it is such a excellent driver’s car, and I have had many highly regarded driver’s cars. I also keep the proper perspective: this is a new product from a new company and little issues should be expected, regardless of price point. I went into this vehicle with my eyes open, did my due diligence, and picked my poison. If I wanted less issues, I would’ve bought a Camry.
I guess I should have added a winky. It was tongue in cheek Bob, take it easy.

I am the mod with the "newest" car, and indeed I have had fewer problems than the rest of my colleagues, I believe. So I do think there is something to the newer cars having fewer issues. Obviously, there will be exceptions to that rule. But it only makes sense; one would hope Lucid is improving its manufacturing processes as they go.

Sounds as non-casual instigation.

I think it was a joke.

I think it was a joke.
That’s the problem with online and written words. They can be construed in a variety of ways. If you are making a joke, go ahead and say so.

Hey, Goldilocks here. Door handles present every time at the right time. Not too far away, not too late, just right.
@peacenow0, this would seem more like a topic for service than feedback and improvements.
Hmmmm, been to service about 10x’s. After the first 9 visits they now acknowledge it’s a problem for many owners. So I just think after over a year, it’s time to address it.

My attempt at levity seems to have fallen on its face. It's hard when you don't know someone else's sense of humor. It seems best to refrain from attempts at humor here.
Maybe it would be more humorous coming from another lighter spirit poster.

Back