Feature request: disable keyfob proximity sensing

Yes, I want to disable proximity sensing at least while home. I would be happy to turn it off completely, not even Geo-fence based. It's easy enough to unlock the car with a quick press on the key fob. Thanks for the responses.
I agree - our parking area is next to our garden and I always have my phone with me when I am out working in the garden or the garage and the car was constantly going on and off whenever I walk by. Very annoying and uses up battery for no reason. I then disabled my phone key so now it isn't an issue. But that suggestion of having a way to disable that feature until you want to use it would be nice.

If you lock the car using your fob, it'll turn off proximity sensing for an indeterminate amount of time, maybe 10 min?
I did test this. I deleted the phone as a key (since my phone is always in my pocket) and then verified the key fob still wakes up the car and starts playing music anytime I am within 40 feet or so of the car. I then locked the car with the fob, and walked away. Maybe an hour later I walked back near the car and once it again the car wakes up and starts playing music. So using the fob is not a permanent fix.

Lucid really needs to add a software switch to optionally turn off key detection. Hope they do this, seems simple to me.

I did test this. I deleted the phone as a key (since my phone is always in my pocket) and then verified the key fob still wakes up the car and starts playing music anytime I am within 40 feet or so of the car. I then locked the car with the fob, and walked away. Maybe an hour later I walked back near the car and once it again the car wakes up and starts playing music. So using the fob is not a permanent fix.

Lucid really needs to add a software switch to optionally turn off key detection. Hope they do this, seems simple to me.
You do not need to delete the entire mobile key while working in the garden or outside. Simply turn off Bluetooth on your phone during that time.

You do not need to delete the entire mobile key while working in the garden or outside. Simply turn off Bluetooth on your phone during that time.
I could turn off the bluetooth, but I use it when I do drive and while at my desk for music. It's too much hassle to turn it on and off all the time. I just want to turn off the car from looking for a key until I wake it wake it with the fob! Even being on the floor above my garage in my office with the phone/fob in pocket wakes up the car. It's way too sensitive.

Or have virtually any other car made that you can use your Phone without turning blue tooth on or off and a key fob and not have this behavior. Lucid key behavior in my opinion is both awful and inexcusable as I have never had a problem with any other manufacturer. Currently I frequently use GMC, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, and Honda. All can be unlocked with iPhone and by proximity and I have no complaints with any vehicle other than Lucid.

Or have virtually any other car made that you can use your Phone without turning blue tooth on or off and a key fob and not have this behavior. Lucid key behavior in my opinion is both awful and inexcusable as I have never had a problem with any other manufacturer. Currently I frequently use GMC, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, and Honda. All can be unlocked with iPhone and by proximity and I have no complaints with any vehicle other than Lucid.
What exactly is the complaint? That it actually performs away it is supposed to? When you get near the car it unlocks. That is an expected behavior, no?

The BMW and Honda unlock as my hand reaches for the door handle. Every time. I have never waited in the rain for the door to unlock. If I am even 2' away from the car, they do not lock/unlock/lock/unlock/lock/unlock. My phone has never gone to my BMW when I am 10' away. The Lucid doesn't understand when you are near it or in it. The others do.

What exactly is the complaint? That it actually performs away it is supposed to? When you get near the car it unlocks. That is an expected behavior, no?
The problem is the car "wakes up", lights come on, mirrors fold out, and my music starts playing. It does this far more often than I want. If I go into my garage, laundry room, or office above the garage, the car wakes up - if I have my phone or the fob in my pocket. The car is going in and out of sleep mode constantly - like 100+ times a day. That wastes the battery, wears out the mirror motors, and constantly forces me to hit pause on my phone to stop the music from playing. It's not just when I walk up to the driver's door - it seems to sense if I am anywhere within about 50 feet of the car. That includes several rooms of my home. I don't want it to do this. I want to lock the car, and have it stay asleep and locked until I press the unlock button (or maybe touch the door handle like my Ford does). If I leave my car parked in the driveway, the car will flash it's lights and unlock itself in the middle of the night without me knowing it. I hope that is not the expected behavior!

Being able to turn off the proximity sensing would be a nice feature but, in addition to that, the system still needs to be better fine-tuned. I can't use my phone as a key because my phone is always with me and my office and living room are right above my garage. I don't want to have to enable/disable bluetooth on my phone because I'll forget to do it and my garage door operation depends on it (Tailwind - which is awesome BTW).

So, I can't use the phone but don't mind carrying the fob as I'm used to doing that. The problem is that the fob will keep the car awake if I don't put it in the faraday box as its location by the door is also right above the garage. Ironically, I have to get right next to the drivers door in a parking lot before the car unlocks and, if I just walk around my car (still practically touching it) in the garage it is likely to lock and unlock two or three times as I walk around right next to it.

Not sure how it is so sensitive that it wakes the car from my living room but also not sensitive enough to unlock the car until I get right next to it and then go crazy locking/unlocking when I'm right there.

Look at any YT review of the car during the time the reviewer is doing the reveal or showing the exterior features. Every one of them (including the one Dave Conner just put up on his "new" GT) has the car locking an unlocking as the reviewer is talking. Sometimes they don't even have to move.

So, some work is still yet to be done on this whole proximity thing for Lucid. This is really my only significant complaint about the car right now.

Being able to turn off the proximity sensing would be a nice feature but, in addition to that, the system still needs to be better fine-tuned. I can't use my phone as a key because my phone is always with me and my office and living room are right above my garage. I don't want to have to enable/disable bluetooth on my phone because I'll forget to do it and my garage door operation depends on it (Tailwind - which is awesome BTW).

So, I can't use the phone but don't mind carrying the fob as I'm used to doing that. The problem is that the fob will keep the car awake if I don't put it in the faraday box as its location by the door is also right above the garage. Ironically, I have to get right next to the drivers door in a parking lot before the car unlocks and, if I just walk around my car (still practically touching it) in the garage it is likely to lock and unlock two or three times as I walk around right next to it.

Not sure how it is so sensitive that it wakes the car from my living room but also not sensitive enough to unlock the car until I get right next to it and then go crazy locking/unlocking when I'm right there.

Look at any YT review of the car during the time the reviewer is doing the reveal or showing the exterior features. Every one of them (including the one Dave Conner just put up on his "new" GT) has the car locking an unlocking as the reviewer is talking. Sometimes they don't even have to move.

So, some work is still yet to be done on this whole proximity thing for Lucid. This is really my only significant complaint about the car right now.
The locking/unlocking functionality has been discussed many times. It is definitely part of the wish list, which you may view by clicking this link: https://www.lucidupdates.com/wishlist.html

So, I can't use the phone but don't mind carrying the fob as I'm used to doing that. The problem is that the fob will keep the car awake if I don't put it in the faraday box as its location by the door is also right above the garage.
Specific to the key fob issue, I carry my fob in a signal blocking pouch. Slim enough that it is low profile in your pocket, and the blocking aspect makes accidental bumps a non-issue. Easy to take out when you're intending to use the car.
Mine is "TICONN Faraday Bag for Key Fob (2 Pack), Faraday Cage Protector - Car RFID Signal Blocking, Anti-Theft Pouch, Anti-Hacking Case Blocker (Carbon Fiber)", now on sale at Amazon for under $10.

I agree 100%. My first email to customer service in December of 2021 was regarding the key fob and proximity unlocking / locking being horrible. This is so basic to the use of the car and is implemented nearly flawlessly by every other manufacturer. There has been substantially no improvement over 15 months, no customization implemented. I question if Bluetooth is up to the task. Other manufacturers use a low frequency signal to determine precise location of the key fob. Lucid does not seem to be doing this. I think there are 2 easy fixes that would result in higher customer satisfaction.
1. Allow proximity based functionality to be turned off.
2. Leave proximity on, but Require a press of the handle to indicate you want the car to unlock.
If you like how it is now. Leave the settings as they are.
A proper fix is have a decent key fob and the ability to determine it’s location precisely as all the competitors do, from an S-class all the way down to entry level cars like a KIA.

The locking/unlocking functionality has been discussed many times. It is definitely part of the wish list, which you may view by clicking this link: https://www.lucidupdates.com/wishlist.html
Do we have the ears or eyes of anyone at Lucid looking at this list? I agree with nearly all of them! It would be cool if each item could gather votes/signatures like a change.org petition perhaps identified with last 5 of VIN.

Do we have the ears or eyes of anyone at Lucid looking at this list? I agree with nearly all of them! It would be cool if each item could gather votes/signatures like a change.org petition perhaps identified with last 5 of VIN.
They know.

Anyone have the problem of the car not detecting the key fob for several seconds even if you're standing right next to the car? I cant get the car to open with the key fob 10 feet away clicking madly on the key fob.

Anyone have the problem of the car not detecting the key fob for several seconds even if you're standing right next to the car? I cant get the car to open with the key fob 10 feet away clicking madly on the key fob.
Yes. With a good CarPlay implementation now implemented. For me I am down to 2 items that need significant improvement.
Homelink, which has an easy fix of putting the buttons on the camera screen, and lock/unlock. I’m confident homelink will eventually see a UI improvement. Lock / unlock which has improved over time is still embarrassingly bad, I fear it is a hardware choice that will not be improved significantly with software. I hope that is wrong.

Have you changed thr battery?

Back