Factory tint

The 30 should have given you decent temperature rejection. Are you not getting that from your windshield?
I'm lucky I have the first generation windshield which apparently blocks more heat than the newer ones so mine is a okay

I'm lucky I have the first generation windshield which apparently blocks more heat than the newer ones so mine is a okay
I do think that is true. I had my original metal coated windshield replaced with the newest version so I could us my radar detector and my toll CAV transponder. I do think the original rejected more heat but with tinting and pre-cooling I'm happier with the new windshield.

I do think that is true. I had my original metal coated windshield replaced with the newest version so I could us my radar detector and my toll CAV transponder. I do think the original rejected more heat but with tinting and pre-cooling I'm happier with the new windshield.
Same. The old one definitely rejected more heat.

So I did Xpel Prime XR Plus 70 on the windshield, 35 on rear top, and 45 side windows and rear window. If I had it to do over I think I would go with 55 on the windshield. The 70 doesn't really do much and I've seen some cars with 55 that look just fine.
We just replaced the windshield on our Audi Q5. Old one was tinted at 70% from when we lived in Wisconsin, we went with 50% on the new windshield and wish we had not. At 66 years old there is a noticeable difference in what we do vs do not see in the dark. We are in Arizona now and with where we live, dark IS dark for us. So, the next vehicle will only be 70% on the windshield for us.

Back