Facial Tracking Cameras Blocked

experiment458

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Dream P
DE Number
@Jon_Rettinger recently posted a video showing his facial tracking cameras are blocked by the steering wheel column. This seems like a pretty big design flaw. I personally haven’t experienced this issue but I’m curious if this Is a common problem.

@Jon_Rettinger recently posted a video showing his facial tracking cameras are blocked by the steering wheel column. This seems like a pretty big design flaw. I personally haven’t experienced this issue but I’m curious if this Is a common problem.

The camera is blocked by the steering wheel spokes, not by the steering column. Those spokes can block the camera only when the wheel is positioned to steer through pronounced curves, a position in which the wheel typically spends little time. i don't believe the camera is programmed to send an alert the instant you divert your gaze, but only after a slightly prolonged period of not looking at the road, so that steering through an occasional curve should not materially affect the camera's effectiveness.

Back