Face recognition?

I am still not sure what it does. My wife and I can get in the car with both our phones setup for mobile key. It’ll sometimes recognize her profile as we approach but give me a green check for my facial recognition. And it’ll stay on her profile 🤷🏻‍♂️. Still love the car 😍
I’m with you. Seemingly it does nothing.

Mine actually works the way it's supposed to, however, the car doesn't recognize my fob and load my profile so...give some take some

I fiddled with one of the settings and I think the car recognizes me from my phone now because my music is playing when I open the door, before I sit down. Not sure when it uses the face thing.

I have never seen a green check or a red x. The car also never recognizes me even though we programmed it when we took delivery. It is always set up for the other driver. I will fiddle with the steering wheel next time I’m in the car.
While in your normal driving position, you'd need to be able to see the whole 1" height of the black sensor rectangle that is mounted underneath the driver's display. I use face recognition in hopes that the car will adjust seat position to my profile so that I can fully enter the car. My wife's profile crushes me against the dash, and the car seems to prefer it if we both have our phones enabled as mobile keys.

While in your normal driving position, you'd need to be able to see the whole 1" height of the black sensor rectangle that is mounted underneath the driver's display. I use face recognition in hopes that the car will adjust seat position to my profile so that I can fully enter the car. My wife's profile crushes me against the dash, and the car seems to prefer it if we both have our phones enabled as mobile keys.
I take it you're not considering swapping out the wife for one more suited to your Lucid profile? I've heard that's potentially an expensive solution.
... on a more serious note, I think most agree that an entry position for seats etc. would be a valuable add for the car's feature.

How cool would it be if the car just let you switch profiles from the left cockpit display. Imagine when you unlock it and open the door, that left display shows the primary controls for frunk, charge port, etc but the rest of it shows you the currently selected profile with a couple other options.

I think automatically figuring out who is entering the driver seat(when multiple keys are present) is pretty much impossible given the Bluetooth based keys we've got.

There are cameras on the outside that can see it’s me though, right? As I approach and the car begins to wake, why not incorporate those into the profiling sequence?

There are cameras on the outside that can see it’s me though, right? As I approach and the car begins to wake, why not incorporate those into the profiling sequence?
That might work too, likely much much harder to implement. Car needs to wake up, boot the camera detection stuff and make a profile decision in the short time between detecting the key and you pulling on the handle.

That might work too, likely much much harder to implement. Car needs to wake up, boot the camera detection stuff and make a profile decision in the short time between detecting the key and you pulling on the handle.
Also, those cameras aren’t pointed up at your face.

Using the 360° view, it clearly shows side views.
Also, those cameras aren’t pointed up at your face.
0A5EB322-ED7E-4A1B-99E9-82F9B37BAD9B.jpeg

I feel like this is enough of a view “up” to see you coming from quite a distance. In any direction.

Not my image. Screenshot from an original 360° view video that we all have played with in our cars though 😂

Using the 360° view, it clearly shows

View attachment 8662
I feel like this is enough of a view “up” to see you coming from quite a distance. In any direction.

Not my image. Screenshot from an original 360° view video that we all have played with in our cars though 😂
Now try this with someone standing right by the door. I'm guessing we'll see a totally warped face 😁 like something from a fun house mirror

Now try this with someone standing right by the door. I'm guessing we'll see a totally warped face 😁 like something from a fun house mirror
Yeah it gets a little wonky but I assumed that was due to the stitching of images the car is attempting post-image collection from camera. Not due to the camera’s inability. I can’t image Lucid placed a camera on the side of the car that can only see warped images to complete a 360° image. It’s part of the network of sensors to navigate the car safely and must have a “clear” image (combined with the other sensors) to judge if it’s safe to (eventually, with DDP) move the car over a lane.

But, I digress. I acknowledge the complexity of using a camera on the side of the sleeping car to profile as I approach. Maybe I dream too big 🤣

I take it you're not considering swapping out the wife for one more suited to your Lucid profile? I've heard that's potentially an expensive solution.
... on a more serious note, I think most agree that an entry position for seats etc. would be a valuable add for the car's feature.
Yeah the wife's a keeper. I feel that no RF device should ever be used to set a profile. There's no way to know which "mobile key" will talk to the car first when two are approaching. Or my wife enters the car first in the passenger seat, triggering the driver's seat to compress itself against the steering wheel.

I can’t image Lucid placed a camera on the side of the car that can only see warped images to complete a 360° image.
Hah, that made me chuckle.

I think it's a great idea. Just not sure how feasible it is. I'm sure someone from Lucid is watching and taking notes.

I am still not sure what it does. My wife and I can get in the car with both our phones setup for mobile key. It’ll sometimes recognize her profile as we approach but give me a green check for my facial recognition. And it’ll stay on her profile 🤷🏻‍♂️. Still love the car 😍
+1

But why is the face profile necessary? I get in the car with the fob or mobile key and lucid knows it’s me.

I set it up and I randomly get errors while driving. I disabled the face login and I see no difference in how the car operates.
Face login will be very useful when we don’t use the phone and key fob and only use the Valet card. Face login will scan our face and load the correct profile.

I fiddled with one of the settings and I think the car recognizes me from my phone now because my music is playing when I open the door, before I sit down. Not sure when it uses the face thing.
For the case when you only have the valet card.

I have been struggling with this myself. Sometimes it would take a look at my face when I entered the car, and load my profile, and sometimes it wouldn’t. After a lot of experimenting, I finally figured it out.

Scenario 1: User 2 last drove the car, and user 2 approaches the car with their key fob (or phone). Then the car waits and checks the driver’s face before logging in. If it happens to be user 1, it logs in and switches profile.

Scenario 2. If user 1 is logged in and the car detects user 2’s key, it performs the log in immediately and doesn’t bother to check the face of the driver.

Unfortunately, it is very common for me and my girlfriend to be out-and-about. She has a keyfob for my car in her purse and carries it everywhere. I use my mobile key. When we get into the car, her fob activated the unlock, and the car logs her in because I was the last one to drive. It doesn’t check my face when I squeeze myself into the driver’s seat. Happens every dang time. I have to stop the seat, and manually enter my profile. Very frustrating.

We went to fobs-in-Faraday bags for this reason. Mobile keys can't easily be switched off without disabling bluetooth. Fobs can be switched off by putting them in a Faraday bag.

Back