Excessive Wear Parts

Paladin732

Cars
Taycan
DE Number
Starting a thread for DE (and soon to be GT) owners to post any interior parts they are noticing getting excessive wear and/or not holding up the way they should.

First item I'll post:

The wireless charging holder for cell phones seems to get severely beaten up just from carefully sliding an iPhone max in and out. It appears the design is such that the camera bulge scratches it up. This would be an ok design flaw a few years ago before these phones came out, but nearly all phones have these bulges now, so its definitely an oversight.

I know at least @borski and I have both seen it and reported it to service. Service's reply is basically "oops, that shouldn't happen. We won't replace it just yet though, since it will clearly just reoccur, stay tuned!"

2.jpeg

Please list below other items you have seen and we can see who else has those also.

When you slide in, I don't like the way it catches the iPhone. My iPhone has cover, not very thick, but I have to yank it out of charging slot.

If wireless charging facility is provided, then why with an asterisk?

Well, that exists there also. There are usb ports, in fact, there are even little thingies to wind the cables around to prevent a cable nest.

I am not in design, but I am curious with as much connectivity, why place phone in location like that anyway. No need to ever look at it???

I am not in design, but I am curious with as much connectivity, why place phone in location like that anyway. No need to ever look at it???
Because that is the only place if you want to keep the pilot panel down. Otherwise the pilot panel has to stay up, which is also doable, but I think once they integrate Android Auto and Carplay, no one will really care where the phone is no?

What asterisk? Not sure what you mean.
I mean, unconditionally universal. The industrial design of charging port should consider all use cases, large phones, phones with covers, etc. Sure there is an alternative to connect to wired charging, but that's just a work-around.

Personally, I don't like to look at phone while driving. I have my music, hands-free calls, navigation and I am set.

I mean, unconditionally universal. The industrial design of charging port should consider all use cases, large phones, phones with covers, etc. Sure there is an alternative to connect to wired charging, but that's just a work-around.

Personally, I don't like to look at phone while driving. I have my music, hands-free calls, navigation and I am set.

Oh, sure - the wear and tear in that part is definitely a design flaw and unintentional. That’s why you should report it if it happens to you. :)

Well, that exists there also. There are usb ports, in fact, there are even little thingies to wind the cables around to prevent a cable nest.
I’m considering using an iPhone MagSafe charger if the wireless pad is ungainly to live with. Much easier to connect/disconnect.

The Audi e-tron SUV had a similar charger after launch, but I believe they dropped it after only 1-2 years. I’m curious if Lucid is going to get rid of it and just use a flat pad.

I’m considering using an iPhone MagSafe charger if the wireless pad is ungainly to live with. Much easier to connect/disconnect.

The Audi e-tron SUV had a similar charger after launch, but I believe they dropped it after only 1-2 years. I’m curious if Lucid is going to get rid of it and just use a flat pad.
It honestly would be fine if it were slightly bigger and wasn't so tight

Maybe its me, but I would have liked the wireless charging pads to have been flat underneath the Pilot Panel. Out of sight out of mind, out of smash and grab. Also, can anyone confirm if the current one stays on when car is off?

Maybe its me, but I would have liked the wireless charging pads to have been flat underneath the Pilot Panel. Out of sight out of mind, out of smash and grab. Also, can anyone confirm if the current one stays on when car is off?
You can definitely put on underneath the pilot panel. I was just thinking about that, running a USB wire to a pad underneath. Got suggestions for a good one?

Back