EV Mapping coming to Apple Maps

Been waiting for this to drop - EV integration into iOS will be a nice feature. I wonder if getting this set up has been part of the CarPlay delay for Lucid as well.

Apparently, Google maps has thisnintegrated as well in cars that use Google Maps...

Any update on this? Does it work through CarPlay or is the Air not supported?
This is an old thread. To bring things up-to-date, as far as I know, the only EVs that support this functionality are the Taycan and Ford Mach E. You would think that Lucid would support it given that the head of software came from Apple, but sadly they have decided not to.

Reactions: KRG
...You would think that Lucid would support it given that the head of software came from Apple, but sadly they have decided not to.
I can only hope that Lucid's software team has grander plans for improving the Air's built-in navigation, and this is the reason for the lack of better Carplay integration and any kind of Android Auto support at all.

Reactions: KRG
This is an old thread. To bring things up-to-date, as far as I know, the only EVs that support this functionality are the Taycan and Ford Mach E. You would think that Lucid would support it given that the head of software came from Apple, but sadly they have decided not to.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say they decided not to. Just that they haven’t gotten to it yet. Given the frame drops and other CarPlay issues reported here, I’d say they have work to do before adding new features.

Or perhaps they are just going to do a CarPlay 2 integration and skip this intermediate step? Who knows what the plan is?

I wouldn’t go as far as to say they decided not to. Just that they haven’t gotten to it yet. Given the frame drops and other CarPlay issues reported here, I’d say they have work to do before adding new features.

Or perhaps they are just going to do a CarPlay 2 integration and skip this intermediate step? Who knows what the plan is?
From your lips to Peter’s ears.

Back