Elon Musk says that Lucid and Rivian are tracking toward bankruptcy...

A bit late. But as someone who performed thousands of angiograms, this is not a hospital program/director issue but a national, even international problem. Angiographic contrast material is made in very few factories and big ones in China. Supply chain disrupted and all across America this is an issue. I don't know what purple dye is (a google search shows nothing medical) but suspect it is same product or same issue. No one is immune to supply chain disruption it seems. Everyone can wait for a car but its pretty hard to be the arbiter of who gets limited iodine angiogram dye for CT scans, angiograms, etc.
I can’t imagine what that is like to have to make those decisions that potentially have life or death consequences. Yeah, I can wait longer for my VIN and car delivery.

I agree that without the Saudi money, Lucid would probably be in serious trouble. They’re spending money on building a plant in Saudi Arabia while they can’t even get the existing plant issues resolved. I know a lot of the money is coming from the PIF and subsidies but how much is Lucid prioritizing to keep the Saudis happy vs focusing on getting production ramped up in the US. The AMP-1 expansion is ridiculous at this point in time. They can’t even get a few hundred cars out a quarter let alone the 30K+ the current line can build a year. Yet even before getting that line operational they throw money at expanding the plant to 90K+ cars a year when they can’t seem to get over 30K orders. The excuse for the expansion was for the Gravity but surprise, surprise that got pushed to 2024 so they’ll have this massive plant with very little orders coming in……

Management needs a good kick up the ass. These people are seasoned people from the industry and can’t get things moving. Supply chain constraints aside there have been QC issues from day 1 so again, what on earth were they doing during pre production? Maybe there is a reason these people aren’t at Audi, Tesla, etc. anymore because they couldn’t make the cut at those companies so thought they could do better elsewhere.

As an owner, a shareholder and wanting the company to succeed I’m becoming extremely frustrated with Lucids efforts to get things right. At this point in time, everyone is probably laughing at them and will never see them as a threat. They took a great platform and have potentially killed it because management just can’t get it right.

Elon is a troll but Lucid played right into his hand. Peter’s comments about doing it better and focusing on quality have bit him in the ass big time! Instead of owning up to the mess he’s created he stays quiet and does videos in his spare time on how good the car is.

I feel Lucid has a very small window to succeed and as each day goes by that window is closing. Q2 earnings are going to be brutal and all we’ll hear from Peter is “things are great” and have controlled questions for him to answer.
Your comments are reasoned and realistic. I own 43,630 shares and expect volatility but need to see real progress on the production numbers. I do however, hear your frustration coming through in the form of overly pessimistic venting.

Back