Electrify America Issues

Happened to an F-150 also apparently

Doesn’t seem widespread but who knows, EA’s communication on all the issues of late has been non-existent.

Interestingly enough, my cars 12 volt issue showed up after charging at EA. Charged, went home and next day the car wouldn’t start and was without the car for 5 weeks. Lucid had to replace a number of things on the cars battery management system to get it working again. I put it down to coincidence but maybe not so much now…..

As much as I oppose each car company building its own charging network it’s clear that when left up to a 3rd party they’re completely unreliable. Sadly, Lucid doesn’t have the money to do it but I’m at the point of wishing they’d just build their own charging network. I’ve never seen the charging speeds Lucid claims on a 350Kw charger as 90% of the 350Kw chargers I visit are often power limited. We all have these cars that are capable of extremely fast charging speeds and no network to really take advantage of those speeds on.

Maybe they should convince the PIF to build a proper charging network in the US instead of acquiring the rest of Lucid. :)

Happened to an F-150 also apparently

Doesn’t seem widespread but who knows, EA’s communication on all the issues of late has been non-existent.

Interestingly enough, my cars 12 volt issue showed up after charging at EA. Charged, went home and next day the car wouldn’t start and was without the car for 5 weeks. Lucid had to replace a number of things on the cars battery management system to get it working again. I put it down to coincidence but maybe not so much now…..
Hmmm. Would be interesting to ask all Lucid that had 12v or major battery issue if they had been using EA.

I have access to two different stations, one with all new 350's and the other with 150's. I can get an 80% charge faster on the 150's than I can with the 350's. I can only get to about 50% on the 350's before I get impatient (after about 30 minutes of charging from 20%). The charge rate drops significantly at that time. With the 150's, I can typically charge from 20% to 80% in 30 minutes. Battery preconditioning doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

So ... Q for you all: Can we raise a petition/query/complaint to Lucid? Since EA is unwilling to respond and *this* is a Lucid forum, should we not flag it to Lucid? I know Lucid employees are reading this & are sympathetic; but if we use other charging stations like Chargepoint, EVgo, etc ... will Lucid compensate us back?

Wondering what would be a reasonable solution to this ongoing issue. Having a car that can travel 500+ miles is all dandy; but if there is no place to charge during a drive, then what's the point?

Is there a formal method/process to ask Lucid to chime in on the EA issue? I think it would be wise to start using other chargers and Lucid should look into reimbursing those charges. (Yes the $ may miniscule, but its the principle, since Lucid did advertise 'n' years of free charging.)

(And, no, I have not read the fine print, if EA does not work during that 'free' period, it will/may absolve Lucid from any responsibility. If somebody has read that fine print, please post it. FWIW I got my car on Aug 2023 and Lucid has changed the free years and may have changed the language as well.)

Is there a formal method/process to ask Lucid to chime in on the EA issue? I think it would be wise to start using other chargers and Lucid should look into reimbursing those charges. (Yes the $ may miniscule, but its the principle, since Lucid did advertise 'n' years of free charging.)

(And, no, I have not read the fine print, if EA does not work during that 'free' period, it will/may absolve Lucid from any responsibility. If somebody has read that fine print, please post it. FWIW I got my car on Aug 2023 and Lucid has changed the free years and may have changed the language as well.)
Lucid offers you the EA service for however many free years; the EA service being abysmal (though I've still never had an issue, it appears I'm in the minority) is not Lucid's responsibility, unfortunately.

That said, they will reimburse you if you have to pay for EA in that time period for whatever reason.

Baker, CA right now. The 350kW chargers are empty except me. 12% SoC and “limited by charging station” appeared on my dash. 98 kW that rapidly dropped to 21kW before I had enough. Switched over to the old-style 150s. 52% SoC and cranking 117kW. Makes no sense…. Only one other car here with 12 chargers 🤦🏻‍♂️

The last two times I’ve charged at a 150 kW EA station, I’ve gotten that same vexing message - “limited by charging station”. Both time in the last three days, I’ve been the only car plugged in. What gives? Does anybody know?

I have access to two different stations, one with all new 350's and the other with 150's. I can get an 80% charge faster on the 150's than I can with the 350's. I can only get to about 50% on the 350's before I get impatient (after about 30 minutes of charging from 20%). The charge rate drops significantly at that time. With the 150's, I can typically charge from 20% to 80% in 30 minutes. Battery preconditioning doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

Good to know. Thank you. It’s rare that I plug in at an EA DC fast charger. But if I use an EA charger at all, this is generally my charging parameter, 20% to 80%.

The last two times I’ve charged at a 150 kW EA station, I’ve gotten that same vexing message - “limited by charging station”. Both time in the last three days, I’ve been the only car plugged in. What gives? Does anybody know?
It could be anything. With how shoddy the equipment is, who knows! A fly probably landed on the charger and it freaked out or someone looked at it the wrong way. EA will never fess up what the real issues are but constantly blaming the hardware when you've changed vendors 3 times over clearly isn't the issue.

It happens to me far too regularly too. Frustrating but just doesn't seem like anything will ever be done.

Sometimes I get it after 15 minutes or so. I unplug and re-start and it jumps back up for a while. The way it does it makes me wonder if it is their way of limiting the "unlimited" nature of Lucid charging.

So many other car companies seem to have limited sessions they are allowed.

It means “you are drinking too much free juice.”

It’s like one goes to Asian buffet restaurant, you can only be in restaurant for 2 hours and can get only have 2 plates at a time.

Just messing with you.
All kidding aside, what it really means is your car is conditioned to get max DC juice based on its current SOC charging curve(whatever that may be at the moment); but you are plugged in to a station can only render 175kW (EA 150 kW stall). So your dashboard is tell you the car is asking for more but stall can give that much.

The max Lucid can draw from DC fast charging is somewhere 297 to 335 kW which is industry’s fastest except Tesla Semi truck at 500 kW.

Last edited:
The max Lucid can plead from DC fast charging is somewhere 297 to 335 kW which is industry’s fastest except Tesla Semi truck at 500 kW.
I would love to see pics of which owners have pulled 300Kw+ as it seems to be a very rare occurrence and 335Kw even rarer. I've pulled into numerous 350Kw chargers with under 5% SoC and have never peaked over 270 or 280 and even then, only lasts second before drastically dropping to lower 200's.

Before anyone schools me on charging curve, I know what the charging curve is and when comparing what Tom got at the same SoC intervals i've never seen the same numbers on my car.

I would love to see pics of which owners have pulled 300Kw+ as it seems to be a very rare occurrence and 335Kw even rarer. I've pulled into numerous 350Kw chargers with under 5% SoC and have never peaked over 270 or 280 and even then, only lasts second before drastically dropping to lower 200's.

Before anyone schools me on charging curve, I know what the charging curve is and when comparing what Tom got at the same SoC intervals i've never seen the same numbers on my car.
Da-Ta!
BE296029-0202-45A8-B0F1-DFEB4912D0F9.jpeg

Just messing with you.
All kidding aside, what it really means is your car is conditioned to get max DC juice based on its current SOC charging curve(whatever that may be at the moment); but you are plugged in to a station can only render 175kW (EA 150 kW stall). So your dashboard is tell you the car is asking for more but stall can give that much.

The max Lucid can draw from DC fast charging is somewhere 297 to 335 kW which is industry’s fastest except Tesla Semi truck at 500 kW.

Yes, but would that explain why when I pulled up to a 150kW EA charger on a late and rainy Sunday night, with only 31% charge, that I’d get that message right away? I think the highest I got was 49 kW, and that was a the very beginning.

Back