Edmunds does another Lucid review..

Look, I have a couple of the same issues he reported (steering wheel squeak, rear headliner coming loose), and agree with him on a few points, but man he had a super-negative attitude throughout the whole video. Not at all impressed with the presentation; clearly a strong anti-Lucid bias.

Certainly the tone of the review suggests frustrations with the vehicle, because of the numerous build quality issues encountered.
I do think lucid had made improvements with build quality , but there is still much work to be done. Especially on earlier models, the QC was inadequate . New company, learning curve. Things will continue to improve.

Look, I have a couple of the same issues he reported (steering wheel squeak, rear headliner coming loose), and agree with him on a few points, but man he had a super-negative attitude throughout the whole video. Not at all impressed with the presentation; clearly a strong anti-Lucid bias.
I am fine if any reviewer posts a documentation of the issues. However, he tried to play off some of the good things as minor and overall did not mention too many good things, only negative things. Looks like an attitude problem as you said to me..

I'd be happy to sell them my 21" Aero Blade with Pirelli P-Zero Elect EV Performance tires

btw, $125K is a bit deceptive .. if you add the options which were "no charge" when they bought it .. the price would be closer to $140K

I’ve had none of the issues he depicted here. I think what bothered me the most was what appeared to be his sheer joy in repeating over & over his beefs. I wonder if he joyously knocked Tesla for charging owners $10G, over a decade ago, for a feature they never got. Hmmm

Edmonds definitely undermines its credibility with this review. Funny how when one has firsthand knowledge of a subject third-party accounts are often misleading and false.

I made it 45 seconds into the video and dropped 6 f bombs. What a joke!
Live captions of me watching the video:

What the f#*k?

Bullsh*t.

Did you even try to like the car?

Are you kidding me?

Holy sh*t this guy is clueless

"This wiggles a lot," the Edmunds reviewer says while literally shaking the camera and not bothering to ask CS/tell us about his service experiences with trying to fix that

And 21 wheels are in stock everywhere... what is this guy talking about?

I don't think that the video is that bad, just my opinion. They give praise when it is due and call out the problems that they have had. We all do the same here on the forum.

I made it 45 seconds into the video and dropped 6 f bombs. What a joke!

That’s a ton of F-bombs in such a short period; perhaps a new world record.

I think the worst thing about the video is the snarky tone of the reviewers. They point out valid build quality issues but do not put them into context. Specifically, many of these build quality issues have been eliminated in later cars due to better QC, which was a bit lacking early on.

The range discrepancy was also weird. In my car I can quite easily get 500 miles , under ideal conditions. I have done it a couple times ..

I don't think that the video is that bad, just my opinion. They give praise when it is due and call out the problems that they have had. We all do the same here on the forum.
However, the problem is that the problems are exaggerated while the praise is played down.

That’s a ton of F-bombs in such a short period; perhaps a new world record.

I think the worst thing about the video is the snarky tone of the reviewers.
I’m from Jersey originally and hold the f bomb record in two states. lol

Maybe the video got better as it went on but right from the get go the tone and negativity irritated me.

The media has gone into bat many times for Lucid, starting with Motortrend's ballsy car of the year award back in November 2021. As supporting evidence see the recent reviews of the Sapphire... If the automotive media's viewpoint was determinative of success, Lucid would be bigger than Toyota by now. So I don't think this "negative" viewpoint will make a lot of difference.

Also, it's not that negative (agree with Moniputer on this) and many of their points are fair. I don't understand their concern about the 21" tires (I mean, couldn't they have tried tire rack!?!) or the key fob (it's proximity based, guys!!) but we all know that the range is not as promised and that "Highway Ass" (hat tip to Cosmo Cruz for the nomenclature!) is not what it could be. But they state that range is the best they've seen and that the ota updates have improved the car. They don't even get into the nightmare that is EA...

Edit out the clueless social media bod, and this is a pretty fair review. Snarky? Snark is not exactly unknown on YouTube.

The media has gone into bat many times for Lucid, starting with Motortrend's ballsy car of the year award back in November 2021. As supporting evidence see the recent reviews of the Sapphire... If the automotive media's viewpoint was determinative of success, Lucid would be bigger than Toyota by now. So I don't think this "negative" viewpoint will make a lot of difference.

Also, it's not that negative (agree with Moniputer on this) and many of their points are fair. I don't understand their concern about the 21" tires (I mean, couldn't they have tried tire rack!?!) or the key fob (it's proximity based, guys!!) but we all know that the range is not as promised and that "Highway Ass" (hat tip to Cosmo Cruz for the nomenclature!) is not what it could be. But they state that range is the best they've seen and that the ota updates have improved the car. They don't even get into the nightmare that is EA...

Edit out the clueless social media bod, and this is a pretty fair review. Snarky? Snark is not exactly unknown on YouTube.
Opinions are always good. Is this a european video(edmunds is european i think?) or an american one? Obviously, EA doesn't exist in EU where CCS charging is much more reliable. The range part was weird in that they tried to exaggerate how it didnt hit epa, but they subtly mentioned the fact that it has the best range. The tone was also about as pleasant as the 2.1.33 navigation voice. Highway assist is a problem, that is likely the only fair part. It just seems like the whole setup was to make the Air look stupid, to me atleast. Again, opinions and standpoints are always good.

Totally agree with your points and Moniputer.

I think Lucid really needs to make progress with HA, they have all those cameras and sensors and like Edmunds said nothing has really changed since the first Lucid was delivered. Something improved with that should have been made by now.

Back