Easiest way to open up trunk (not frunk)?

Just found out something interesting. I washed the car and raised the trunk and frunk lids to allow the water to drain out of them (a process that takes quite a while with the Lucid). When I tried to close them using the buttons on the lids and then the icons on the Pilot Panel, I found they would not operate. I had to close both manually.

I brought this up the next time I called Customer Service, and they said the automatic closing feature timed out after 10 minutes. I asked why, and they said it was meant to override the automatic closing if someone left the lids open for a prolonged time while loading things into the car.

WTF?

Just found out something interesting. I washed the car and raised the trunk and frunk lids to allow the water to drain out of them (a process that takes quite a while with the Lucid). When I tried to close them using the buttons on the lids and then the icons on the Pilot Panel, I found they would not operate. I had to close both manually.

I brought this up the next time I called Customer Service, and they said the automatic closing feature timed out after 10 minutes. I asked why, and they said it was meant to override the automatic closing if someone left the lids open for a prolonged time while loading things into the car.

WTF?
Yea...I don't understand that design choice...but at least it's not a bug? 🤣🤣

WTF?
A real head scratcher lol…

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I just walked out of the grocery store with my hands full of bags, and my GT was parked head in (fairly standard for me) with cars on both sides of it. Does Lucid have an "easy" way to open up the trunk in this case? I'm guessing it is on the long list of things that are "coming", but I was just curious if I was missing anything like alexa (which I tried from inside the car, and didn't work, but still wouldn't have helped either way). It was raining, and I was hoping to open the trunk without having to put my grocery bags down on the wet ground, but I couldn't figure anything out? Am I missing anything, or does Lucid have anything planned (as far as people know)?
Thanks,
Tom
You can use the key fob to open the trunk... I believe it is a short press, followed by a long press.

If you have an iPhone, you can tell Siri to open/close either the trunk or the frunk

in the LUCID App, go to settings, and SIRI to set up or activate commands. You can also do this with Google Assistant

Back