Easiest way to open up trunk (not frunk)?

tomfence

Cars
Air
My apologies if this has already been asked, but I just walked out of the grocery store with my hands full of bags, and my GT was parked head in (fairly standard for me) with cars on both sides of it. Does Lucid have an "easy" way to open up the trunk in this case? I'm guessing it is on the long list of things that are "coming", but I was just curious if I was missing anything like alexa (which I tried from inside the car, and didn't work, but still wouldn't have helped either way). It was raining, and I was hoping to open the trunk without having to put my grocery bags down on the wet ground, but I couldn't figure anything out? Am I missing anything, or does Lucid have anything planned (as far as people know)?
Thanks,
Tom

Did you know, if you have the key fob on you, there is a soft touch manual handle on the trunk that will open it? I know it can be a challenge when your hands are full, but the button is a soft touch so not too bad.

96EAC707-1202-4062-A971-F897E19DE59B.jpeg

You can do it from your apple watch if the car is awake I think, which it should be if it unlocks, but yea only the button on the outside or the inside one will do it now.

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I just walked out of the grocery store with my hands full of bags, and my GT was parked head in (fairly standard for me) with cars on both sides of it. Does Lucid have an "easy" way to open up the trunk in this case? I'm guessing it is on the long list of things that are "coming", but I was just curious if I was missing anything like alexa (which I tried from inside the car, and didn't work, but still wouldn't have helped either way). It was raining, and I was hoping to open the trunk without having to put my grocery bags down on the wet ground, but I couldn't figure anything out? Am I missing anything, or does Lucid have anything planned (as far as people know)?
Thanks,
Tom
Siri will open if if you have the commands enabled and the car is awake. The awake part is a bug in the software.

Thanks. I guess I was just frustrated because I was standing there in the rain with my hands full of bags, and couldn’t find the “button”. I will check in the comfort of my carport.

Thanks. I guess I was just frustrated because I was standing there in the rain with my hands full of bags, and couldn’t find the “button”. I will check in the comfort of my carport.
It’s right in the center of the lid - all you have to do is hit it like a button and it will power open.

In the comfort, and dryness of my carport, I was able to easily open the trunk with the button. Hope it will work next time I’m standing in the rain

In the comfort, and dryness of my carport, I was able to easily open the trunk with the button. Hope it will work next time I’m standing in the rain
I've never had it not work, provided the car recognizes the fob. If you can open the doors, you can open the trunk.

Yes trunk button is the easiest way to open imo. As long as your proximity sensors with either phone or fob are working…

I have found the trunk button on the trunk to be problematic. I typically reach down to pull up on that button and because I'm pulling (at all), the auto-open immediately stops. I don't remember ever having it open smoothly.

I have found the trunk button on the trunk to be problematic. I typically reach down to pull up on that button and because I'm pulling (at all), the auto-open immediately stops. I don't remember ever having it open smoothly.
Just push the button, don't exert a force to pull open because the sensors will detect it and stop the auto-open.

Just push the button, don't exert a force to pull open because the sensors will detect it and stop the auto-open.
Yup. Just push the button and let it do the work. If you start pulling, then pull away. :)

I tried to very carefully just push the button and the trunk unlocked but did _not_ continue upward. I think there's something wrong with my trunk.

I tried to very carefully just push the button and the trunk unlocked but did _not_ continue upward. I think there's something wrong with my trunk.
Does it work when you open it from the console?

I have the same problem as I tend to pull a bit as I open. I now just use the button inside the car or let the kids open it. They have no issues with it and use it more, so I know it is my error.

Back