EA tells Kyle Conner to stop tweeting about its chargers

HC_79

Referral Code AWNJLGKT
Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
So instead of taking the feedback that they need to drastically improve they instead take that path of "stop bagging out our chargers". Kyle calls it how it is, if the charger is working he talks positively about them but if it's not then he calls them out. So EA was happy for him to tweet when he was having good experiences but now it's bad they tell him to stop tweeting. What a joke of a company!

Probably stemmed from him showing the new and improved charger failing to work 😂

EA doesn't have a leg to stand on BUT the company can afford the litigation and individuals cannot.
He's not lying though. If he's showing real world experience then they're simply wasting money taking him to court.

He's not lying though. If he's showing real world experience then they're simply wasting money taking him to court.
Big companies like EA/VW will often sue when they have very little basis knowing that their deep pockets will let them intimidate the defendant into giving in. So since they expect to have the individual give up...in their mind they are not wasting money.

What we users can do is to make sure that EA chargers that have issues get reported using the Plugshare app. Give those EA stations the lowest possible rating if you have issues. Please publicize Plugshare as much as you can. I have found it very useful and regularly check in once I'm done using a charger. I'm probably in the minority, but I have used three different EA charging stations in the south Bay area and have not had a single issue - randomly picked a charger, plugged in and it worked!

Oh and I forgot to add - f**k you EA.

What we users can do is to make sure that EA chargers that have issues get reported using the Plugshare app. Give those EA stations the lowest possible rating if you have issues. Please publicize Plugshare as much as you can. I have found it very useful and regularly check in once I'm done using a charger. I'm probably in the minority, but I have used three different EA charging stations in the south Bay area and have not had a single issue - randomly picked a charger, plugged in and it worked!

Love that last sentence. Threatening means nothing. They just raised some money before that they were very Cash poor. I agree they cannot sue people from expressing themselves, isnt that under the free speech language.

Thanks for sharing the website. The only one here in Denton Tx that I have been to sucks bog time. I think those of us not in CA should protest and ask Lucid to find us another free option. Worth a shot.

You shouldn’t have to check an app that relies on the public to rate the charging experience. The chargers I’ve had major issues with are in the high 8’s with people still saying “charged but at slower speeds etc“

It also doesn’t help you to check PlugShare to know a charging location is crap and another one isn’t located for 50 or 100 miles. I used the PlugShare App with my old e-Tron and saw the charger had a decent score. Showed up to it and it didn’t work. Digging into the comments there were other e-Tron drivers saying car won’t authenticate. If you’re driving you can’t be reading peoples reviews to find out if a charger works or not.

EA doesn't have a leg to stand on BUT the company can afford the litigation and individuals cannot.
Yes but I'm sure that if Kyle asked for help, some attorney would volunteer. @HC_79 would be screaming to try to be a supporting witness regarding EA unreliability. I don't see that EA would attempt a lawsuit due to the amount of bad publicity and possible scrutiny that results. I'm also sure that some attorney would be happy to tell EA about anti-SLAPP laws.

Love that last sentence. Threatening means nothing. They just raised some money before that they were very Cash poor. I agree they cannot sue people from expressing themselves, isnt that under the free speech language.

Thanks for sharing the website. The only one here in Denton Tx that I have been to sucks bog time. I think those of us not in CA should protest and ask Lucid to find us another free option. Worth a shot.
Thats not how the 1st amendment works at all...also, it's not on Lucid that EA is terrible, but they should ask EA for money back!

Thats not how the 1st amendment works at all...also, it's not on Lucid that EA is terrible, but they should ask EA for money back!
100% I don’t blame Lucid at all. This is all on EA and Lucid, Ford, Hyundai, etc. we’re all suckered in to hand money over for free charging. I’d hate to think how much these companies have handed over. What have they got for the investment? New stickers!

It’s a funny but sad state when the software of the Lucid is more reliable than the largest non-Tesla charging network in the country. To be fair I’ve had very little trouble with 150kw EA chargers, but have had about a 75% failure rate on 350kw.

So I am having a lot of trouble with the EA chargers on this trip I took to Santa Barbara. Yesterday I had problems connecting at the Paso Robles EA charger but their customer service was finally able to get me connected. The agent I spoke with thought the problem might have been related to EA providing free service to all while they are doing their station upgrades. Today I tried charging here in Goleta and couldn't get a good connection. Did get connected with EA Customer Service help a couple of times but the charging stopped about 1 or 2 minutes after starting. Anyway I've got 56% SOC to get home and that won't make it. Lucid Customer Service suggested I open an account with Chargepoint which I did but their chargers are really limited. There is one nearby that I will try in the morning but I'm not optimistic. Interestingly while I was having all the problems today, a Rivian, Porsche, and Audi all connected without any problems. Anybody having similar EA problems???

So I am having a lot of trouble with the EA chargers on this trip I took to Santa Barbara. Yesterday I had problems connecting at the Paso Robles EA charger but their customer service was finally able to get me connected. The agent I spoke with thought the problem might have been related to EA providing free service to all while they are doing their station upgrades. Today I tried charging here in Goleta and couldn't get a good connection. Did get connected with EA Customer Service help a couple of times but the charging stopped about 1 or 2 minutes after starting. Anyway I've got 56% SOC to get home and that won't make it. Lucid Customer Service suggested I open an account with Chargepoint which I did but their chargers are really limited. There is one nearby that I will try in the morning but I'm not optimistic. Interestingly while I was having all the problems today, a Rivian, Porsche, and Audi all connected without any problems. Anybody having similar EA problems???
Looks like many are having EA problems. EA’s PR department is going to be busy tomorrow telling influencers to stop posting about them!

There is one nearby that I will try in the morning but I'm not optimistic. Interestingly while I was having all the problems today, a Rivian, Porsche, and Audi all connected without any problems. Anybody having similar EA problems???
Complaints about EA are pretty common on other EV fora. It's not just us, the end users, who are inconvenienced, but the progress and public reception for this new industry also impacted.
Would be interesting to learn how much the leadership at Lucid, Ford, MB, etc. knows about the problem and what they have done in response .

Complaints about EA are pretty common on other EV fora. It's not just us, the end users, who are inconvenienced, but the progress and public reception for this new industry also impacted.
Would be interesting to learn how much the leadership at Lucid, Ford, MB, etc. knows about the problem and what they have done in response .
It would be good if Lucid, Ford, MB etc. all banded together and sued them for not delivering on what they paid for. Whilst it’s not the brands fault the overall customer experience with EA is not what these companies probably want. Some people will no doubt blame the car company over EA. GM was smart and went with EVGo

“Why did you give me free charging if you knew it was shit?”

Back