EA Problems

I am happy to report I am at an EA station in DC and the car started charging with no issues. Plugged in and car was charging in less than a minute.
Currently pulling 86kW. Pun intended. 😂
The curious thing would be to see which station Gen was giving issues. The old ABB units seem to have the most problems.

I also had issues charging starting last week. I don't know if it is the same issue but after calling EA, the rep found a knowledge article saying that I have to open the Lucid app on my phone and click the EA button for the charging to start. I never had to do that before but after clicking that in the app, charging works. I have to click that every time now.
Unfortunately this is inconsistent. Sometimes the app allows you to pick the station number, other times it doesn’t populate. Additional note, on my trip from San Diego to Dallas I was told by EA to make sure the app was closed and only initiate from the pilot panel. That method has worked for me up until last Thursday. Also, how I initiated charging today. Plug and charge. Only opening the app after charging starts so I can monitor charging.

The curious thing would be to see which station Gen was giving issues. The old ABB units seem to have the most problems.
Not sure of the visual differences in the different generations. Working charger.
1666446935681.jpeg

Th
Would you prefer “never coming”, like Rivian and Tesla? Being an early adopter of game changing technology is not for everyone. Those who are paying the increased price, without the benefit of the $7,500 tax credit will likely never experience the issues that cause you great frustration. I personally never had a doubt that Lucid would deliver on their promises (including CarPlay) and after receiving the 2.0 beta test, I understand that they may have actually underpromised on many features and are in the process of over delivering.
There is a difference between promising something in the future and saying you have something that you don’t. I have been early adopter my whole life. Lucid has been pretty poor on communication. There is a long list of items that were listed as ”features” that the first indication would be future was at delivery. The web site claims today as it has “Air is even compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and countless other apps.” That is not a promise. It is a lie. Maybe one day they will make air great again.

Th

There is a difference between promising something in the future and saying you have something that you don’t. I have been early adopter my whole life. Lucid has been pretty poor on communication. There is a long list of items that were listed as ”features” that the first indication would be future was at delivery. The web site claims today as it has “Air is even compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and countless other apps.” That is not a promise. It is a lie. Maybe one day they will make air great again.
We’ve had this debate here before. “Compatible with CarPlay” and “Includes CarPlay” are two different things, as far as software marketing goes.

Compatible is their way of saying “coming soon.”

... And the way I resolve it is by resetting the car. To reset the car, just turn on the turn signal, leave the car and lock it. ... Just leave, there is no point debugging on the road.
I reset my car several times trying to charge at EA South Lake Tahoe. And EA reset one of the three stations I tried. Neither made any difference to the charging failure or the associated error messages..

You can generally tell who made a charging station by looking at the label on the back bottom of the unit. If you have old eyes like me, it's easiest to take a photo of the label and look at the photo instead.

We’ve had this debate here before. “Compatible with CarPlay” and “Includes CarPlay” are two different things, as far as software marketing goes.

Compatible is their way of saying “coming soon.”
That is such BS. If you go to Best Buy and look for things that are Alexa compatible or HomeKit compatible or compatible with windows You expect it to work. That doesn’t mean future. From Webster’s. COMPATIBLE “designed to work with another device or system without modification: The printer is compatible with most computers.especially : being a computer designed to operate in the same manner and use the same software as another computer”

It's certainly misleading language. Similar to how Tesla says their cars have 360-degree vision, making must people think they'll be able to have a 360 degree camera view when parking, which is incorrect.

You can generally tell who made a charging station by looking at the label on the back bottom of the unit. If you have old eyes like me, it's easiest to take a photo of the label and look at the photo instead
I reset my car several times trying to charge at EA South Lake Tahoe. And EA reset one of the three stations I tried. Neither made any difference to the charging failure or the associated error messages..
I am going to try more EA stations on the way home Sunday. There are 8 along my 488 mile route. This time I do have my alternates mapped out.

Same here, tried three stalls at EA 10 hours ago , got denied at each one whereas two ionics and a rivian and a couple of others had no problem. I got a couple no authentication messages then charging but at 0 kilowatts so won’t initiate. I did not know about this thread as there seems to be some discussion if itsLucids last update or is it EAs last update or maybe it’s a perfect storm of both depending on location. I was able to charge this last Friday no problem at a different location. Either way I’m planning to drive the car from NY to Florida and back early to mid December and this thread gives me great pause. What’s happening with the beta testers on 2.0 and charging? Maybe this becomes a moot point? I have the lucid app, where is the backup button to initiate charging ? I never had to do that before.
This problem happens to me on the new software as well unfortunately. They need to figure this out ASAP. I charged at EVGo yesterday with no issue. EA was doing what you described, charges for 2 seconds then quits.

I am going to try more EA stations on the way home Sunday. There are 8 along my 488 mile route. This time I do have my alternates mapped out.
Best of luck and please let us know how it worked out.

This problem happens to me on the new software as well unfortunately. They need to figure this out ASAP. I charged at EVGo yesterday with no issue. EA was doing what you described, charges for 2 seconds then quits.
I don't see how Lucid could prioritize any other bug fix ahead of this problem. It is a showstopper.

It is a new thing for both Lucid and EA. I would be more patient about it. I am sure it will be fixed in the near future.
Promote patience after EA doesn’t work for you and the next closest option will have you at single digit state of charge with no guarantee that charger will be working.

That is such BS. If you go to Best Buy and look for things that are Alexa compatible or HomeKit compatible or compatible with windows You expect it to work. That doesn’t mean future. From Webster’s. COMPATIBLE “designed to work with another device or system without modification: The printer is compatible with most computers.especially : being a computer designed to operate in the same manner and use the same software as another computer”
Designed to work with. Exactly. Not currently shipping with. They designed their system to be able to plug CarPlay into it.

Look, I’m not saying it isn’t weasly marketing speak. I’m just saying as soon as I saw “compatible with” I knew it wasn’t currently shipping with CarPlay. There would be no reason to word it that way if CarPlay were already included.

Plug and charge worked first try here in Rohnert Park..i haven’t had an issues since being on 2.0.12. This is my first try using this station as well. Unfortunate to hear about all the other issues though
Currently next to a Rivian Amazon van, damn thing is huge!

Copying/pasting this from another thread that I just posted in:

I have used EA exactly five times (across three different locations in the Bay Area) since I received my GT in early May. I have not had a single issue. Plug-and-charge worked exactly the way it was supposed to. I had to hit the "Continue" button on the charger every single time.
I am part of the 100 users that have 2.0.12 (installed during last weekend's "orgy of updates"). So today I went to the same EA charger I had used about a month ago fully expecting it to not work (given everything I have read on this forum). Well surprise! I had zero issues.

Back