EA Problems

First time charging at an AE station at Walmart in Lebanon, NH, 60 miles from my home and the closest EA station to me. Just plugged it into a 350kWh unit and started charging almost immediately with no preconditioning. Added about 12 mi. a minute. Yesterday tried an AE station in Boston about two miles from my former residence at a 150kWh charger and got 25.97 kWh in 12 minutes, which was a pleasant surprise. The second AE station registered a monetary charge and after speaking with an AE CS person confirmed that I was not charged because AE is undergoing updates and is temporarily not charging for its service. Lucid CS confirmed that I am registered for free charging. Otherwise, I depend on my CP Home Flex charger which is hard-wired to a 50 amp circuit. Home charging is not an optimal solution and my expectations from AE installations nearby are not sanguine. Just met a neighbor who has had three Model S's over the past ten years and has charged for free the entire time, apparently in part as an early adopter so perhaps we should ask for an extension on complementary charging from Lucid.

I don't see how Lucid could prioritize any other bug fix ahead of this problem. It is a showstopper.
I’ve had this issue with EA charging since day 1. In fact, I have not had a single successful plug and charge EA session and only 1 successful EA paid charging session. I completely echo your sentiments on this. There is NOTHING of higher priority for an EV than charging said EV reliably.

In my opinion, LUCID should reset the clock on the free charging for 3 years until all these issues are taken care of and customers can reliably charge. That’s customer service.

I’ve had this issue with EA charging since day 1. In fact, I have not had a single successful plug and charge EA session and only 1 successful EA paid charging session. I completely echo your sentiments on this. There is NOTHING of higher priority for an EV than charging said EV reliably.

In my opinion, LUCID should reset the clock on the free charging for 3 years until all these issues are taken care of and customers can reliably charge. That’s customer service.
I completely agree and hope that Lucid will go after EA to pay for their losses.

Wanted to shed at least some good news on the topic.

I was dreading this road trip and still chugging through the USA (in Chicago atm)

So far, I have not had a SINGLE issue with Electrify America. I don't know if it'd my car or what.

Plug and play, 100% of the time works.
If it wasn't for all of your guys' comments here, I would give EA an amazing A+ 10/10 rating for their chargers lol

Wanted to shed at least some good news on the topic.

I was dreading this road trip and still chugging through the USA (in Chicago atm)

So far, I have not had a SINGLE issue with Electrify America. I don't know if it'd my car or what.

Plug and play, 100% of the time works.
If it wasn't for all of your guys' comments here, I would give EA an amazing A+ 10/10 rating for their chargers lol
are you using the free charging promotion or paying out of pocket?

cool does the 3 years EA charging carry over when buying used?
I still have not converted the car in my name due to driving it cross country.

So there's a good chance once I call them and have it moved over under my name and assigned on the app it'll go away

Which they can only do once it's registered

I still have not converted the car in my name due to driving it cross country.

So there's a good chance once I call them and have it moved over under my name and assigned on the app it'll go away

Which they can only do once it's registered
Wow! What is the implication of insurance for you and the seller? Safe travel. Free charging is overrated. I think if it is not free, it will encourage the use of level 2 charging for local driving and leave the DCFC mostly for long distance and cut down the wait times and demand.

Wow! What is the implication of insurance for you and the seller? Safe travel. Free charging is overrated. I think if it is not free, it will encourage the use of level 2 charging for local driving and leave the DCFC mostly for long distance and cut down the wait times and demand.
I have the vehicle insured under me and the Vin, it's just Lucid officially has not converted it to being my vehicle because for that, you have to provide registration proof under name

how you enjoying the car?
Definitely plan on writing a full review when I get back home, right now just enjoying the drive, the city, etc..

Getting about 3.5 mi/khw right now for efficiency in smooth at 65-70 with about 30 degrees average outside from DC to Chicago thus far

My biggest issue currently is charging my phone with the car, with the 12v adapter being in the rear, I can't use my fast charger for my phone. I need to get a USB c to usb A adapter to use it up front.

My OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't have wireless charging, but I've been looking at adapters so I can make use of the wireless chargers in the car.

...with the 12v adapter being in the rear, I can't use my fast charger for my phone. I need to get a USB c to usb A adapter to use it up front.
You'll get faster charging from the USB-C connector in the front if you use a USB-C to C cable rather than an adapter, as it seems the Air's USB port supports some level of the USB-PD spec.

I am on a road trip and EA will not charge. I went to two different locations and tried 3 different chargers at each location. Spent 3 hours with EA and Lucid on the phone. No luck. EA saying it is a Lucid problem, Lucid blaming EA. All other brands that pulled in were able to charge. Another Lucid pulled in and had same issues. I am on 1.2.21. Needless to say being on a road trip with all EA charging eliminated is frustrating. Luckily found DC fast charger 30-39kW at a Nissan dealership with only 14% charge left. Need at least 50% to get to destination. My wife is done with Lucid. Looks like BMW for next road trip. 3 hours of plugging unplugging and charger resets not the way we planned to spend the day. My judgement is being questioned for sticking with this car.
View attachment 5749
Sorry to hear this. I received my Air a week ago and today I charged it for the first time at an EA station. The charge session was flawless. I'm planning a 1500 mile road trip for Xmas. That will be my test. I'm finding the new Lucid difficult to operate, Alexa doesn't work, can't play my music from my phone. Technically challenging, but the car I love.

You'll get faster charging from the USB-C connector in the front if you use a USB-C to C cable rather than an adapter, as it seems the Air's USB port supports some level of the USB-PD spec.
Thank you, now biggest issue is the surround view a rear camera. It's off or has a problem 80% of the time. Switching profiles didn't do anything. Randomly came up as I was parking the car, but need it while squeezing through parking garages and stuff in Chicago. Anyone have a fix?

I keep seen videos of EA charging lucid @ 50kw while other cars 150kw. Why?

This may be an EA issue, but yesterday in Providence with the 2.0.66 OTA on a 150kw it absolutely crushed it, it actually matched the Dream Edition charging curve from Inside EVs, pulled 173kw from 14% to 45% SOC and didn’t drop below 100kw until past 65% SOC. The 350kw chargers seem to still be problematic though, EA often power limits them and I don’t know why. Also the Signet surge/YoYo is really bad, the one I tried kept rapid cycling between 80-130kw at 16% SOC, and it would make the rear drive motor thunk periodically, I was worried it was gonna mess up the car so I left that charger and went to the Providence EA instead.

The videos you have seen, unless you've seen thousands, are a very small sample size. Things are getting better and better with EA... still room for improvement, but charging curves and reliability are increasing.

Back