EA Problems

This may be an EA issue, but yesterday in Providence with the 2.0.66 OTA on a 150kw it absolutely crushed it, it actually matched the Dream Edition charging curve from Inside EVs, pulled 173kw from 14% to 45% SOC and didn’t drop below 100kw until past 65% SOC. The 350kw chargers seem to still be problematic though, EA often power limits them and I don’t know why. Also the Signet surge/YoYo is really bad, the one I tried kept rapid cycling between 80-130kw at 16% SOC, and it would make the rear drive motor thunk periodically, I was worried it was gonna mess up the car so I left that charger and went to the Providence EA instead.
So you’re still getting the yo yo signet surge even after the latest update? I was hoping it would fix that

So you’re still getting the yo yo signet surge even after the latest update? I was hoping it would fix that
The yoyo is a problem with Electrify America software on their Signet charging dispensers. EA is working on a fix.

Yeah it’s not Lucid’s fault, it happens on other high voltage cars also. It sucks though, can’t be good for the car. EA ABB and BTC/Siemens units seem ok. The old ABB near me last night performed the best it ever has for me.

That is a problem with EA and EA knows it. We have to hope for a fix. It happens with ioniq 5/GV60 as well. The other issues with EA are well known. Mix of different hardware, unreliable windows OS, charging kW limitations which are at best 30% below what is possible, many stations and connectors down for repair......

Yeah it’s not Lucid’s fault, it happens on other high voltage cars also. It sucks though, can’t be good for the car. EA ABB and BTC/Siemens units seem ok. The old ABB near me last night performed the best it ever has for me.
A source at Lucid says it does not harm the car, apparently.

That’s a relief. It feels like it would but hey that’s good I don’t have to skip Signet units on the road if I need one.

The videos you have seen, unless you've seen thousands, are a very small sample size. Things are getting better and better with EA... still room for improvement, but charging curves and reliability are increasing.
For me it's been exactly the opposite. When I first got the car at around 2.0.15, EA was super reliable and I was hitting EA chargers at 2% SOC with how much confident I had in them.

Then somewhere after that, reliability stopped a few months later and even my local charger has big issues. It's just EA though because I pop over to EVGo and everything is fine.

I've had the same issues with my local EA station. 3 of the 4 stations are always listed as "Unavailable" in the Lucid app but I see other cars charging there all the time. The only stall that's marked as "Ready to use" will start me off around 17 kW at best and eventually drop to about 3-4 kW, even at a low SOC.

I don't have much confidence for my upcoming road trip that'll require fast charging.

I've had the same issues with my local EA station. 3 of the 4 stations are always listed as "Unavailable" in the Lucid app but I see other cars charging there all the time. The only stall that's marked as "Ready to use" will start me off around 17 kW at best and eventually drop to about 3-4 kW, even at a low SOC.

I don't have much confidence for my upcoming road trip that'll require fast charging.
EA's own app has incorrect information in it, so I don't know how we would expect Lucid to have the right info. Honestly, Plugshare is the best source I can find since it's user-sourced.

i second the plugshare app - used it on my cross country trip. use the website to check your path then hit the user 'checkins' to see if people are getting good results.

The thing of a beauty.
This is after latest update.
Same station (East Stroudsburg,PA),
I considered myself lucky, if I could get anything over 150.
Now...

Attachments

• 20230515_154952.jpg
    20230515_154952.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • 20230515_160817.jpg
    20230515_160817.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 89
...I don't have much confidence for my upcoming road trip that'll require fast charging.
Most, but not all, EA stalls work fine. If one stall fails to connect or charges markedly slower than you expect (50-60kW for example), move to another stall.

Back