Dual MagSafe phone charging

Yes, anyone who has issues with v1 gets a free v2. In all fairness, most people don't actually have issues, it's just that people mostly share when they do have issues. But whoever has issues gets v2 for free of course! v2 is what v1 should've been had I known better about the difference in chargers. I will post an update with instructions and all as soon as we are actually ready to start shipping (hopefully this coming Thursday).
If we placed an order on the website today would we get a v1 or a v2? Trying to figure out if I should wait for Th or so or if any orders from today will be taken for the v2?

Thanks for creating an amazing product!

If we placed an order on the website today would we get a v1 or a v2? Trying to figure out if I should wait for Th or so or if any orders from today will be taken for the v2?

Thanks for creating an amazing product!
Thanks for asking! If you place an order today it will be v1 unless you email me or DM me with the order # to put it on hold until we are ready to ship V2. No problem to put it on hold for a few days. Also v2 pucks are now in Los Angeles according to DHL so I am hoping that there won't be any delays and we will indeed receive them on Wednesday :)

Thanks for asking! If you place an order today it will be v1 unless you email me or DM me with the order # to put it on hold until we are ready to ship V2. No problem to put it on hold for a few days. Also v2 pucks are now in Los Angeles according to DHL so I am hoping that there won't be any delays and we will indeed receive them on Wednesday :)
When you get the v2 ready, I'd love one. The passenger-side puck works 90% of the time; the driver-side puck works 50% of the time. Both work ~25% of the time, haha.

It's fine, and better than stock lol, but I'd love that v2. :)

Also, the tow truck driver who dropped my car off from service noticed it and asked about it, because he "has a Lucid in the family" so I want a referral bonus :p

When you get the v2 ready, I'd love one. The passenger-side puck works 90% of the time; the driver-side puck works 50% of the time. Both work ~25% of the time, haha.

It's fine, and better than stock lol, but I'd love that v2. :)

Also, the tow truck driver who dropped my car off from service noticed it and asked about it, because he "has a Lucid in the family" so I want a referral bonus :p
You got it! 😃
Earlier today DHL said it's coming today and I was about to blow the fanfares and then an hour later they updated it to Wednesday again 🤷‍♂️

Let us know when the v2 is up and ready for sale on the website - looking forward to getting one.

Apologies for the delay.... happy to say - v2 pucks came on Wednesday and yesterday + today we shipped several that were waiting for a replacement. Below are comparison photos of v1 vs v2 (v2 being the one with the bigger charging controller / Y connector).

With that said, if anyone reading this bought a v1 and kept it but it doesn't work properly, please either DM me or email me at [email protected] and let me know what the issue is and I will send you a v2 for free.

I will post a separate thread about this next week most likely, when I find a little time to re-do the photos.

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

Apologies for the delay.... happy to say - v2 pucks came on Wednesday and yesterday + today we shipped several that were waiting for a replacement. Below are comparison photos of v1 vs v2 (v2 being the one with the bigger charging controller / Y connector).

With that said, if anyone reading this bought a v1 and kept it but it doesn't work properly, please either DM me or email me at [email protected] and let me know what the issue is and I will send you a v2 for free.

I will post a separate thread about this next week most likely, when I find a little time to re-do the photos.

View attachment 13428

View attachment 13429
Is it going to be V2 unit If I order the charger today?

I received the V2 charger and it works with USB C now.
Thank you TWRAPS.

PS I ordered too early and missed prime day 15% off 😅. Check the promotion if other members here want to order it.

I received the V2 charger and it works with USB C now.
Thank you TWRAPS.

PS I ordered too early and missed prime day 15% off 😅. Check the promotion if other members here want to order it.
Let me help with the prime day discount :) Can you please DM me with your order #?

PS. Big phew! 😮‍💨 Glad to hear v2 works! I have a few people to have verified but the first few weeks of a new product release are the scariest 😃 /and then reality hits you one way or another haha/

Let me help with the prime day discount :) Can you please DM me with your order #?

PS. Big phew! 😮‍💨 Glad to hear v2 works! I have a few people to have verified but the first few weeks of a new product release are the scariest 😃 /and then reality hits you one way or another haha/
I just sent you the order number.
Thank you very much for the superior customer service.

Can also confirm the V2 works perfectly via the USB-C port with our iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro. Great product. Perfect fit. Easy install. Solves the single most annoying part of the center console with its poorly conceived charging setup. Thx TWRAPS!

I'm waiting patiently to see if any android phone users that have mag-safe case can test this V-2 chargers out to be compatible? I think it would be awesome for android phone users if it works.....I would for sure buy it.

I'm waiting patiently to see if any android phone users that have mag-safe case can test this V-2 chargers out to be compatible? I think it would be awesome for android phone users if it works.....I would for sure buy it.
It works on my Pixel 7 Pro.

I have a Galaxy S23 Plus as a testing device, and I can confirm that charging works (and also faster than it does with iPhones, because there is no software limitation from Samsung about 3rd party chargers). So I'd assume that with a MagSafe case, it will also stick but haven't tested. I can test though if anyone needs to know and we don't have another confirmation, would just need a few days to get a case for it.

I have a Galaxy S23 Plus as a testing device, and I can confirm that charging works (and also faster than it does with iPhones, because there is no software limitation from Samsung about 3rd party chargers). So I'd assume that with a MagSafe case, it will also stick but haven't tested. I can test though if anyone needs to know and we don't have another confirmation, would just need a few days to get a case for it.
Yes…please test it out…thx so much

I use a galaxy s23+ and bought a magsafe sticker to stick onto the back of my case and it sticks to the twraps wireless charger. Charging works flawlessly with or without the sticker when car is not moving. You will want to have it stick when car is moving or the phone will slide around.

I use a galaxy s23+ and bought a magsafe sticker to stick onto the back of my case and it sticks to the twraps wireless charger. Charging works flawlessly with or without the sticker when car is not moving. You will want to have it stick when car is moving or the phone will slide around.
As an android user, I have been pretty happy with the V2 device as compared to the stock charger (not usable) and the V1 device (which only worked on USB-A).

As noted elsewhere on the forum, we android users are stuck using a mount of one kind or another to use Waze and other phone apps until Android Auto gets released.

Question -- Are you able to get fast charging to work with the magsafe sticker? I got this magsafe case https://a.co/d/4or0xwY for my S22 Ultra, but it charges at the slower rate (and gets pretty hot while doing so). Welcome any suggestions!

Back