Drove my Sapphire to Sedona Az for New Year's

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
Drove from Scottsdale to Sedona for New Years. What a great area. Stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations so called resort that was really just some condos that they manage. I checked ahead and called them to ask if they had charging. They said yes but I need the Charge Point app. I do. I get there and there are two chargers . One is in use by a Tesla and the other I tried but it was broken. Quick search located a EA site a few miles away. Drove there as our room wasn't ready yet only to see the station was in full use. Went sight seeing while waiting for the room to be ready that was a couple hours late. Upon check in I ask if there is a charger closer to the building where my room is. Response was the only charger was the one right out front. For this big resort that was it. Next morning I got coffee and went back to the EA station. Only one car there. It worked great. If you haven't been to Sedona you should go. Amazing views.
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4901.JPG
    IMG_4901.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 105
Dunno but I was happy. Faster than my home charger which is where I always charge.

Did the Tauck Canyonlands tour from Pheonix to Vegas. First stop was Scottsdale 4 Seasons. I was willing to abandon the tour right then and there.
1704392536904.jpeg

our private villa at the Scottsdale 4 Seasons:
1704392642642.jpeg

Then to Sedona, which is a tourist trap/traffic jam to be avoided at all cost. However, the drive out of Sedona, up the canyon to the Canyon, is worth it. The Tauck Canyonlands tour is a definite must.

Last edited:
Sounded like the next morning and a very close charger so precondition would really not do much. Also sounds like something I would do, take a nice relaxed start to the day

Drove from Scottsdale to Sedona for New Years. What a great area. Stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations so called resort that was really just some condos that they manage. I checked ahead and called them to ask if they had charging. They said yes but I need the Charge Point app. I do. I get there and there are two chargers . One is in use by a Tesla and the other I tried but it was broken. Quick search located a EA site a few miles away. Drove there as our room wasn't ready yet only to see the station was in full use. Went sight seeing while waiting for the room to be ready that was a couple hours late. Upon check in I ask if there is a charger closer to the building where my room is. Response was the only charger was the one right out front. For this big resort that was it. Next morning I got coffee and went back to the EA station. Only one car there. It worked great. If you haven't been to Sedona you should go. Amazing views.View attachment 17447View attachment 17448View attachment 17447View attachment 17448
Awesome pic of both items 👍

Drove from Scottsdale to Sedona for New Years. What a great area. Stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations so called resort that was really just some condos that they manage. I checked ahead and called them to ask if they had charging. They said yes but I need the Charge Point app. I do. I get there and there are two chargers . One is in use by a Tesla and the other I tried but it was broken. Quick search located a EA site a few miles away. Drove there as our room wasn't ready yet only to see the station was in full use. Went sight seeing while waiting for the room to be ready that was a couple hours late. Upon check in I ask if there is a charger closer to the building where my room is. Response was the only charger was the one right out front. For this big resort that was it. Next morning I got coffee and went back to the EA station. Only one car there. It worked great. If you haven't been to Sedona you should go. Amazing views.View attachment 17447View attachment 17448View attachment 17447View attachment 17448
This is just beautiful. And, the scenery is impressive as well.

This is just beautiful. And, the scenery is impressive as well.
I highly recommend the Tauck CanyonLands tour. The professional guide helps you see what you are looking at. You will get much more out of it if you don't have to drive or make accommodations. I never imagined I'd be saying this, but spending a week on a tour bus (with demented seniors), was fun. Seeing the red rocks of Sonoma, Glen, Grand, Bryce, Zion...... even with all the tourists ... profound, life-altering beauty.

I had a moment at Bryce. Got up at 3AM and went to the holy place. Was a lunar eclipse. All alone. Snow on the ground. Not a light or a sound in any direction. I did a spirit dance in the moonlight and asked forgiveness.

Go West. It will make you small again.

“Seek and see all the marvels around you. You will get tired of looking at yourself alone, and that fatigue will make you deaf and blind to everything else. - Don Juan”
― Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

On another note ...While on the road trip I was losing 2 lbs of air pressure in the right rear tire everyday. We looked for a nail but didn't see anything. Lucid in Scottsdale found a nail in the tire.They have ordered me a tire. About 750.00

Charley, the big question I have is: how often do you floor it?

On another note ...While on the road trip I was losing 2 lbs of air pressure in the right rear tire everyday. We looked for a nail but didn't see anything. Lucid in Scottsdale found a nail in the tire.They have ordered me a tire. About 750.00
Did you not get tire certificates from Discount/America's Tire for your tires? I just blew 2x 21" tires going over a deep pothole and it only cost me $130 (new certificates for the new tires) to replace $1000 of tires.

BTW, your Sapphire is beautiful and I'm jealous. Must have been a fun drive to Sedona as I've done that twice in my M4.

Back