Drove my Sapphire to Sedona Az for New Year's

What a beautiful car. Can you hire me to carry your bag and drive the car for you? I can sleep on the floor.

Cab Discount Tire even get a tire for a Sapphire yet ? I think it is only used on a Sapphire and I think there are only 6 cars owned by customers so far. I really love the smooth transition from say 75 to 120 mph in a instant.No downshifting or loud engine. Just so smooth and effortless.

Cab Discount Tire even get a tire for a Sapphire yet ? I think it is only used on a Sapphire and I think there are only 6 cars owned by customers so far. I really love the smooth transition from say 75 to 120 mph in a instant.No downshifting or loud engine. Just so smooth and effortless.
Good question but interesting point. They got my rear driver side tire in 2 days from Tire Rack which I believe the parent company owns but they got the front driver side tire direct from Pirelli (or maybe Pirelli distributor?) in a week but that included a holiday weekend. That's what the service manager told me after they kept my car over the holidays to wait for the front tire to be delivered. If they can get tires directly from the manufacturers, I would assume they would honor tire certificates. Worth an ask as those are some expensive ass tires.

I went to the Discount tire site and it reads like you can buy certificates for tires you bought from them. I don't see where you can buy the certificate for tires you already have. Had you already bought tires for your car from them ?

I went to the Discount tire site and it reads like you can buy certificates for tires you bought from them. I don't see where you can buy the certificate for tires you already have. Had you already bought tires for your car from them ?
I bought the tire certificates on the original tires that came with the car one month after delivery. As long as the tires meet their tread depth requirements and within a certain time frame that you acquired them, you can buy the certificates. I'd call the local store to confirm before you waste a trip. I believe many of the owners on the forum were able to get the certificates on their original tires. That's how I learned about it. Also, they fix any flats and leaks for free if it's doable and you have the certificates.

Last edited:
I bought the tire certificates on the original tires that came with the car one month after delivery. As long as the tires meet their tread depth requirements and within a certain time frame that you acquired them, you can buy the certificates. I'd call the local store to confirm before you waste a trip. I believe many of the owners on the forum were able to get the certificates on their original tires. That's how I learned about it. Also, they fix any flats and leaks for free if it's doable and you have the certificates.
Yup. You just have to show up, they inspect the tires, and you buy the certs. I’ve not heard of any other place that does this, but it’s an absolute no brainer, to me.

Drove from Scottsdale to Sedona for New Years. What a great area. Stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations so called resort that was really just some condos that they manage. I checked ahead and called them to ask if they had charging. They said yes but I need the Charge Point app. I do. I get there and there are two chargers . One is in use by a Tesla and the other I tried but it was broken. Quick search located a EA site a few miles away. Drove there as our room wasn't ready yet only to see the station was in full use. Went sight seeing while waiting for the room to be ready that was a couple hours late. Upon check in I ask if there is a charger closer to the building where my room is. Response was the only charger was the one right out front. For this big resort that was it. Next morning I got coffee and went back to the EA station. Only one car there. It worked great. If you haven't been to Sedona you should go. Amazing views.View attachment 17447View attachment 17448View attachment 17447View attachment 17448
Those pics should be in a magazine.

Great pictures.
Went through Sedona the day after driving through Jerome and staying in Cottonwood.
Charged at a Tesla destination charger at a Spring Hill Suites. For those in doubt, don't be afraid to use a Tesla tap.
The Saphire went by truck from Sonoma to SC. Since then Austin is as far west as it has been.
1B73C779-EEBC-4019-B78A-66F66ED27819.jpeg

Great pictures.
Went through Sedona the day after driving through Jerome and staying in Cottonwood.
Charged at a Tesla destination charger at a Spring Hill Suites. For those in doubt, don't be afraid to use a Tesla tap.
The Saphire went by truck from Sonoma to SC. Since then Austin is as far west as it has been.
View attachment 17561
Is that your lowly dream edition? 🤣

Yup. You just have to show up, they inspect the tires, and you buy the certs. I’ve not heard of any other place that does this, but it’s an absolute no brainer, to me.
Price?

Drove from Scottsdale to Sedona for New Years. What a great area. Stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations so called resort that was really just some condos that they manage. I checked ahead and called them to ask if they had charging. They said yes but I need the Charge Point app. I do. I get there and there are two chargers . One is in use by a Tesla and the other I tried but it was broken. Quick search located a EA site a few miles away. Drove there as our room wasn't ready yet only to see the station was in full use. Went sight seeing while waiting for the room to be ready that was a couple hours late. Upon check in I ask if there is a charger closer to the building where my room is. Response was the only charger was the one right out front. For this big resort that was it. Next morning I got coffee and went back to the EA station. Only one car there. It worked great. If you haven't been to Sedona you should go. Amazing views.View attachment 17447View attachment 17448View attachment 17447View attachment 17448
Beautiful pictures!
And that nature ain't bad neither!

Did the Tauck Canyonlands tour from Pheonix to Vegas. First stop was Scottsdale 4 Seasons. I was willing to abandon the tour right then and there.
View attachment 17471
our private villa at the Scottsdale 4 Seasons:
View attachment 17472
Then to Sedona, which is a tourist trap/traffic jam to be avoided at all cost. However, the drive out of Sedona, up the canyon to the Canyon, is worth it. The Tauck Canyonlands tour is a definite must.
@Cosmo Cruz those pix of the Lucid remind me of #FlatStanley (for those of us either remember being young of having youngins of that age!)

On another note ...While on the road trip I was losing 2 lbs of air pressure in the right rear tire everyday. We looked for a nail but didn't see anything. Lucid in Scottsdale found a nail in the tire.They have ordered me a tire. About 750.00
One tire? Not sure how it compares to the Dream-P 21" tires? I just got a quote for the rear $472 ea (@AmericasTire)
PZero HL265/35 (please tell me you have better than an HR rated tire!)

Back