Driver's side wiper blades leaving haze on the windshield

This may have been covered here but my wiper blade had shifted enough in the fitting that it wasn’t working well. It was a simple fix of sliding back into place. I would have never noticed but I was ceramic coating the window.
How do you get at the blades? Is there a procedure to have them come up from underneath the hood (Audi's used the stalks)

This may have been covered here but my wiper blade had shifted enough in the fitting that it wasn’t working well. It was a simple fix of sliding back into place. I would have never noticed but I was ceramic coating the window.
Same here. I didn't notice until the end actually came free and started flopping around yesterday. Glad I just re-coated my window so I didn't really need the wipers.

How do you get at the blades? Is there a procedure to have them come up from underneath the hood (Audi's used the stalks)
I don't know what it is, but half the time I can just pull them up like on any other car, and half the time they are firmly stuck in there. Either way be sure to turn off the automatic wipers before you lift them, or they will try to break themselves.

I have taken my Lucid in for this issue several times and I do not use Rain-x on it. The first time, they changed the blades and was charged for it. The second time, several months later, they changed the blades again and tried to charge me but I refused to pay. The third time, they said it was due to the tension of the blades. That did not fix the problem. It is in the shop again for this issue, and I hope they find a solution.

I am currently driving a newer loaner with about 3,500 miles on it and it is doing the same thing. Could this be an issue with all Lucids?
What do you mean by haze? The Lucid's wipers are heated so it leaves a warm layer of fogginess sometimes depending on the amhient temp.

I just started using the RainX washer tank additive on my BMW this week and it works fine. I haven't noticed any haze or streaking. RainX out of the bottle (gel or spray) directly to glass takes a little buffing and damp cloth buffing in my experience.

I got it because the back window of the lucid has big water drop buildup problems imo.

I have taken my Lucid in for this issue several times and I do not use Rain-x on it. The first time, they changed the blades and was charged for it. The second time, several months later, they changed the blades again and tried to charge me but I refused to pay. The third time, they said it was due to the tension of the blades. That did not fix the problem. It is in the shop again for this issue, and I hope they find a solution.

I am currently driving a newer loaner with about 3,500 miles on it and it is doing the same thing. Could this be an issue with all Lucids?
That's not good, i have followed all the suggestions others have been posting but the issue remains. Today, i had another much bigger issue of auxiliary power supply fault which needs to be fixed at the service station, and may take days to fix, not cool! :(

Back