Wiper blades out of sync

LucidAT-KC

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
My wiper blades are out of sync. When they come on the passe side wiper blade quickly crosses on top of the driver side wiper blade and the driver side blade then stops and returns. The driver side blade only makes it about 1/3 of the way up the window.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? How do I fix it?
IMG_0861.jpeg

This is probably related to the wiper blade recall due to incorrect torque specs.. If you don't want to wait for service. I would turn off the wiper blades. Make sure they are lined up at the bottom. Pop the plastic covers with a small screw driver. Use the torque wrench to torque wiper blade arm bolts to I think 18Nm. If bolts are already tightened to the specs then it must be something else.

My wiper blades are out of sync. When they come on the passe side wiper blade quickly crosses on top of the driver side wiper blade and the driver side blade then stops and returns. The driver side blade only makes it about 1/3 of the way up the window.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? How do I fix it?
View attachment 17028
Yep. This is due to one of your wipers coming loose. You can fix this yourself by loosening the bolt on each, getting them both at their “down” position, then tightening them back up. (See my thread from almost a year ago about wiper fix) or you can wait for service. But if it rains before they can get to you…

Yep. This is due to one of your wipers coming loose. You can fix this yourself by loosening the bolt on each, getting them both at their “down” position, then tightening them back up. (See my thread from almost a year ago about wiper fix) or you can wait for service. But if it rains before they can get to you…
Regardless, you should have service take a look and torque those bolts to proper spec. But just so you don’t damage them in the meantime…

Lucid service coming on Tuesday to repair.
Rain in the forecast and I’ll take the truck.

Back