Driver's side wiper blades leaving haze on the windshield

Drcheema

Cars
Range Rover
Driver's side wiper blades leaving haze on the windshield and making it very difficult to see. It's a new car so i wonder if it's the washer fluid or the wipers. Any others with similar experience, I'm using RainX fluid.

IMG_6233.jpg?

Driver's side wiper blades leaving haze on the windshield and making it very difficult to see. It's a new car so i wonder if it's the washer fluid or the wipers. Any others with similar experience, I'm using RainX fluid.

View attachment 19083?
RainX can cause that if poorly applied. I would attempt removing it and seeing if that helps, and then reattempting.

Rain-X is tricky. You must apply it to a totally clean windshield. Let it dry several minutes then buff it. Microfiber cloths work best. Now here's the tricky part, you have to buff it repeatedly after several hours. You can't just apply, buff and drive away. I've been using (and experimenting with) Rain-X for years. It really requires some effort, but when properly applied it's worth it. Hmmm, I wonder why Elon hasn't sued them for using -X in the name. <g>

Rain-X is tricky. You must apply it to a totally clean windshield. Let it dry several minutes then buff it. Microfiber cloths work best. Now here's the tricky part, you have to buff it repeatedly after several hours. You can't just apply, buff and drive away. I've been using (and experimenting with) Rain-X for years. It really requires some effort, but when properly applied it's worth it. Hmmm, I wonder why Elon hasn't sued them for using -X in the name. <g>
Because it’s called Rain-Twitter.

Have any of you tried Aquapel? It's been around for a while claiming to be a better long-term Rain-X, but I don't have any personal experience. I've used Optimum's "Opti-Glass" on another car and found it similarly difficult to apply perfectly, but otherwise... fine. Not amazing.

Have any of you tried Aquapel? It's been around for a while claiming to be a better long-term Rain-X, but I don't have any personal experience. I've used Optimum's "Opti-Glass" on another car and found it similarly difficult to apply perfectly, but otherwise... fine. Not amazing.
No, aquapel install reviews scared me too much lol - I used https://a.co/d/2lSYGEL

So far has worked great

No, aquapel install reviews scared me too much lol - I used https://a.co/d/2lSYGEL

So far has worked great
I have used Aquapel for years and it has performed well. There may be better products available but I have no reason to change. It is quite durable and if applied properly works well. I occasionally clean my wiper blades with rubbing alcohol. Whatever you apply clean the windows extremely well first.

I used Cerakote on the windshields of my Air and my wife's car last year with very good results. It's still working now, over a year later. No haze, no chatter. I've had both those issues with Rain-X, which seems to have a short useful life.

View attachment 19083?
I had a similar issue with a different car. Their service center recalibrated the amount of pressure for the wiper arm and adjusted the angle. It cleared up the problem.

Because it’s called Rain-Twitter.

I caught the joke, even if no one else did :)

Re windshield haze, this has currently been my obsession ever since the rainstorms hit the Bay Area for the last few weeks.

Here's how you clear it:

1. Use glass cleaner and water to get as much muck off of the windsheild as possible.
2. Use a water-dampened (only water) cloth to clean the wiper blades thoroughly.
3. Use a tiny bit of dish soap and some warm water and scrub the surface of the winsheidl (a scouring pad is fine, you will not scratch the windshield) this degreases it.
4. Rinse with water thoroughly.

From here, you can stop. and it should be gone. However, if you want to go the extra mile...

5. Once degreased, clay bar the windshield, just like you would with paint. Synthetic clay mitts and towels work great for this, just make sure you're using a proper lubricant (like ONR diluted 256:1, very light). It should feel incredibly smooth to the touch.
6. Use a glass stripper like this: https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-5080217-Windshield-Treatment-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B001S7ZT5A/ with a polishing pad. If you've got a DA, awesome. If not, by hand is fine.
7. Spray with a bit of IPA (70% mixed 50:50 with water is fine).
8. Apply your windshield coating of choice. I like https://www.amazon.com/303-Graphene-Nano-Spray-Coating/dp/B08K3N5QP5/.
9. Give it time to flash (a few minutes) and buff it off.

That should leave you with a crystal clear windshield that repels water very well, and wiper blades that are clean and quiet.

I just use the same detail spray on the glass that I use on the rest of the car. Rain runs right off so I rarely need my wipers.

Re windshield haze, this has currently been my obsession ever since the rainstorms hit the Bay Area for the last few weeks.

Here's how you clear it:

1. Use glass cleaner and water to get as much muck off of the windsheild as possible.
2. Use a water-dampened (only water) cloth to clean the wiper blades thoroughly.
3. Use a tiny bit of dish soap and some warm water and scrub the surface of the winsheidl (a scouring pad is fine, you will not scratch the windshield) this degreases it.

From here, you can stop. and it should be gone. However, if you want to go the extra mile...

5. Once degreased, clay bar the windshield, just like you would with paint. Synthetic clay mitts and towels work great for this, just make sure you're using a proper lubricant (like ONR diluted 256:1, very light). It should feel incredibly smooth to the touch.
6. Use a glass stripper like this: https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-5080217-Windshield-Treatment-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B001S7ZT5A/ with a polishing pad. If you've got a DA, awesome. If not, by hand is fine.
8. Apply your windshield coating of choice. I like https://www.amazon.com/303-Graphene-Nano-Spray-Coating/dp/B08K3N5QP5/.

That should leave you with a crystal clear windshield that repels water very well, and wiper blades that are clean and quiet.
Sounds like an effective process indeed. Dawn is a very effective glass cleaner. I use denatured alcohol and water and wipe with a cotton towel to clean my windshield before applying Aquapel.

Here's how you clear it:

Man! that was some details, sorry for the delayed response, just returned from a long vacation. Will try all of this , hope it works. Thanks :)

Back