Driver side door won't close 😒

wa_lucid

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring, Quantum Grey
DE Number
Referral Code
8DKITB71
We opened the driver side back door for son to get on and now the door won't close. Neither softly or with a bit of slamming, the lock mechanism just won't engage and the door bounces back open. Locking the car while pressing it closed doesn't work. The handle does not move at all. Reset doesn't work. Worse, if I lock the car and the door moves the alarm blares for intrusion 😒.

Contacted customer care, but since this is a long holiday, they won't talk to me before Tuesday.

Anyone had to deal with this before? Any idea if we can get a mobile technician sooner.

We opened the driver side back door for son to get on and now the door won't close. Neither softly or with a bit of slamming, the lock mechanism just won't engage and the door bounces back open. Locking the car while pressing it closed doesn't work. The handle does not move at all. Reset doesn't work. Worse, if I lock the car and the door moves the alarm blares for intrusion 😒.

Contacted customer care, but since this is a long holiday, they won't talk to me before Tuesday.

Anyone had to deal with this before? Any idea if we can get a mobile technician sooner.
Best attempt, from inside try and pull the manual latch, forcefully all the way back on the handle. Then try again.

Thank you!

Yeah, tried that already, more than a couple of times. No cigar. 😔
Prop something against the door and let it sleep for 30 mins?

I know you said you've tried this already, but try (from the inside) grabbing the door handle and pulling the door hard. Like HARD. REALLY hard. It should close. I had the same issue and my temporary workaround until service came was legit SLAMMING it shut.

I know you said you've tried this already, but try (from the inside) grabbing the door handle and pulling the door hard. Like HARD. REALLY hard. It should close. I had the same issue and my temporary workaround until service came was legit SLAMMING it shut.
Thank you!

After many more tries, and right before I thought I'm about to break the lever, something clicked and whatever was stuck moved again. Tenth time is a charm I guess.

What did service tell you?

Thank you!

After many more tries, and right before I thought I'm about to break the lever, something clicked and whatever was stuck moved again. Tenth time is a charm I guess.

What did service tell you?
Cinch motor needed replacing, from what I recall. Fix took less than a day and we were back on our feet again!

Cinch motor needed replacing, from what I recall. Fix took less than a day and we were back on our feet again!
That is correct about the cinch motor needing replaced. I called and talked to Natasha with Lucid in Seattle on Monday afternoon 11/13/23. She got right on this issue and text me Tuesday, 11/12 to tell me that the part came in. She scheduled mobile service with technician Jeremy to arrive late morning Wednesday 11/15. Jeremy was very professional and knowledgeable. While here, he also torqued down both wiper blade nuts and check serial number on coolant port valve. Mine wasn't one that needed R/R.

Back